Are You Elite? Take this test. BBC says one.

The_Bear

Turbocharged

Traditional British social divisions of upper, middle and working class seem out of date in the 21st Century, no longer reflecting modern occupations or lifestyles.

The BBC teamed up with sociologists from leading universities to analyse the modern British class system. They surveyed more than 161,000 people and came up with a new model made up of seven groups. To find out where you fit in use this calculator below.

Link to the test:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22000973

*Your personal information is safe - all calculations are carried out on your computer

*BBC Lab UK's Great British Class Survey was launched in January 2011. More than 161,000 people took part, making this the largest ever study of class in the UK

*The Great British Class Survey was designed and the data analysed by Professors Mike Savage and Fiona Devine and their teams at the London School of Economics and the Universities of York and Manchester

*The class calculator provides you with an approximate position in the new class system compared with the full Great British Class Survey

Produced by: Steven Atherton, Kathy Neal, Harjit Kaura, Christine Jeavans and Applied Works

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
(edited)

So are you a branded bear from North America or a cheap bear from Asia?

According to BBC, I am Established Middle Class. I live in flocks and goes to the theatre. Live in ulu place. I should stop mixing around with postal workers and farmers friends, maybe I will be elite. <_<

gre

Edited by Bavarian

Can you give us a break on prcs? Most of your posts will mention them. We know you love them

cos... atb work for him, from Geylang to KTV .... -_-

without them chunning money for him, he is dead .... [:p]

Turbocharged

The value of our homes, even HDB, when translated to british pounds, already puts us safely in middle class.

[laugh]

This type of polls make me very depressed.

Basically the main weightage is money. If you have a lot of money and no friends and no social activities, you are an elite

If you have no money but many friends and social activities, you are working class (aka peasant)

So in summary, money is everything.

post-19861-1365398169_thumb.jpg

post-19861-1365398184_thumb.jpg

(edited)

Base on such a survey, 65% of MCF is elite lah.

Only? [:/]

Actually, in SG terms, all the income/housing cost criteria must be X 3 (at least), because we're just so much more expensive than GB. We're number 1!! :D

Edited by Turboflat4

Only? [:/]

Actually, in SG terms, all the income/housing cost criteria must be X 3 (at least), because we're just so much more expensive than GB. We're number 1!! :D

Aiyoh, i was trying to be conservative, why u so like that? [laugh]

Aiyoh, i was trying to be conservative, why u so like that? [laugh]

You, conservative? Why, your yellow card made you shy, ah? [laugh]

Turbocharged

This type of polls make me very depressed.

Basically the main weightage is money. If you have a lot of money and no friends and no social activities, you are an elite

If you have no money but many friends and social activities, you are working class (aka peasant)

So in summary, money is everything.

yeah i took it twice, answered the same except the economic part where i tick the more atas range....

went from middle class to elite [rolleyes]

summary: elite = money

↡ Advertisement