Which Car dealers accept Credit card as payment ?

Wira

Anyone knows what are the best credit cards to use these days (perhaps in combination?) for car down/full payment?

First card should be AMEX true cashback card, but capped at $5000 only.

Not sure about ANZ card coz i'm not certain what 'category of spending' does car-buying belong to. It's possible it does not belong to any of their 4 categories.

As for the balance sum I guess it would be everyday or 365 card?

Thanks in advance!

↡ Advertisement

Amex card capped at 5000 if you want the full 3% but after that should still be able to get 1.5%.

Manhattan world card from SC also has 3 percent for first 6.6k.

• Praise 1

Yes, last month, i brought along my cheque book to make down payment, a surprise to me, PML allowed full down payment with credit card, saved my efforts to write cheque with xx998 in lengthy English description.

And standard chartered gave thank you SMS instead of alert SMS like most local bank did.

So I had earned $120 credit card cash back (max cap) +$50 Bank interest and driven out the car without forking out a cent .

Have been driving the car for more than a month and just settled the credit card payment 2 days ago.

(edited)

BMW got model going for less than 100k?  [shocked]

If you have used Manhatten cc, you could have got $200 rebate max per quarter.

Yes, last month, i brought along my cheque book to make down payment, a surprise to me, PML allowed full down payment with credit card, saved my efforts to write cheque with xx998 in lengthy English description.

And standard chartered gave thank you SMS instead of alert SMS like most local bank did.

So I had earned $120 credit card cash back (max cap) +$50 Bank interest and driven out the car without forking out a cent .

Have been driving the car for more than a month and just settled the credit card payment 2 days ago.

Edited by Madtari
  • Praise 1

BMW got model going for less than 100k?  [shocked]

If you have used Manhatten cc, you could have got $200 rebate max per quarter.

Yup I remembered wrongly, Yes 200 Cashback given to me.  , how do you derive 100K BMW from my description :)  :D  :D  Yes,you are right , there is no < 100K BMW@ 2018 . 

i charged 49998 to the Manhattan card, i think they allow to charge more..

what a waste! if you have charged to amex true cashback card, $50k could have gotten you $750 in cash back! :P

Yup I remembered wrongly, Yes 200 Cashback given to me.  , how do you derive 100K BMW from my description :)  :D  :D  Yes,you are right , there is no < 100K BMW@ 2018 . 

i charged 49998 to the Manhattan card, i think they allow to charge more..

Always terrified of busting credit card, so my credit limit has never been raised since day 1. Still the same limit as from the very first time I got the card despite changes in my income. Card only majorly used for travel expenses.

Car? I pay by cheque, although it takes 1-2 days for clearance of fund. At least I know I will not be overspending on my cards.

Twincharged

jack cars let me use credit card up to 20k .... but the points I got from the lousy DBS bank was not enough to get shat also ...

I never had luck of paying anything more than the deposit amount by CC. Even Stuttgart also never accepted. But they gave an option of paying the CC charges also if I really wanted to pay, which I felt insulting lol 

I never had luck of paying anything more than the deposit amount by CC. Even Stuttgart also never accepted. But they gave an option of paying the CC charges also if I really wanted to pay, which I felt insulting lol

Chey

Low SES

• Praise 1

Yes indeed, their status is low as profit is less than 100k a car!  [:p]

Technically, merchants are not even allowed to charge a fee for credit card usage. I used to deal with credit card chargeback cases on merchant end so I am very well aware of that.

I purchased a car using credit card but through paypal online. For that reason I had to pay a small amount of transaction fee. It was 5% on the total amount of the car price. It was an very easy process. :) 

Always terrified of busting credit card, so my credit limit has never been raised since day 1. Still the same limit as from the very first time I got the card despite changes in my income. Card only majorly used for travel expenses.

Car? I pay by cheque, although it takes 1-2 days for clearance of fund. At least I know I will not be overspending on my cards.

Can request for temporary increase limit to get the cashback/points etc etc etc first then revert back to your usual credit limit mah.

Can request for temporary increase limit to get the cashback/points etc etc etc first then revert back to your usual credit limit mah.

For me personally, negligible. Hardly use the points too.

↡ Advertisement