Does Singaporean lacks Civic-consciousness ?

Meanmachine

Of late, I have seen many HDB 's owner dumping unwanted stuff along lift-lobby.

We can understand during peak season like CNY, HRP, Deepavali or X'mas season.

2day, I saw a 70% used tyre dumped along side the lift lobby, if the owner can be bothered to bring it downstair, at least have the courtesy to carry to the rubbish chute behind, should we start a thread to shame this dumper or educate them proper, cast your vote. Kam xia lu !

what have fellow MCF seen of late/ recently duped items

a) Sofa set, old furnitures

b)

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

you prefer he throw it out from the window? [laugh] [laugh]

I always make it a habit of at least bring in down to the ground floor beside the rubbish bin, some heavier stuff I will bring them to the rubbish dump.

this was what I saw few weeks ago...

post-1109-1365418074_thumb.jpg

My block 10 years plus but don't have ppl anyhow throw items anywhere. The only problem I see children littering the playground and vandalize the wall and all govt pty. The joke is they r pri sch kid and writing the F word.( Don't know if have they passed their equipment handling test)

Anyway you can arrange with town council to ask people help you remove big bulk item. Just be nice and buy the cleaner a drink. Maybe town council need to educate resident.

Item like sofa are potential fire hazard and yet ppl just chuck it at the stairway or lift. So dangerous and selfish

Supersonic

Lacks of civic-consciousness doesnt only refer to s'poreans la, i find many people who stay here nowadays all very lacks of civic-consciousness. -_-

Turbocharged
(edited)

Side-trek a bit.

A lot of unwanted items are actually in good condition, and they have to be discarded due to lack of space in the flat.

Most void decks are empty. Maybe the town council can set up a recycling center at the void decks of every few other blocks and hire old folks as care-takers. The gathered "good/useful" items could in turn be sold by the old folks (manning the "shop") to karang guni or recycler.

This way, it could help to create a simple form of employment for old folks while at the same time help recycle useful items which are thrown away for the wrong reasons.

Edited by Albeniz
  • Praise 1

Maybe you need to get clearance from SPF and SCDF, if involve old folk then need to involve MCYS or the RC to handle them :D

Side-trek a bit.

A lot of unwanted items are actually in good condition, and they have to be discarded due to lack of space in the flat.

Most void decks are empty. Maybe the town council can set up a recycling center at the void decks of every few other blocks and hire old folks as care-takers. The gathered "good/useful" items could in turn be sold by the old folks (manning the "stalls") to karang guni or recycler.

This way, it could help to create a simple form of employment for old folks while at the same time help recycle useful items which are thrown away.

Turbocharged
(edited)

I like the idea of "Cash for Trash", meaning one can bring his unwanted items and exchange for something useful.

http://www.colex.com.sg/recycling.html#cash

All these while, it seems that it is available only to residents staying in Jurong area, they should widen the program to the whole nation.

Edited by Albeniz

Side-trek a bit.

Most void decks are empty. Maybe the town council can set up a recycling center at the void decks of every few other blocks and hire old folks as care-takers. The gathered "good/useful" items could in turn be sold by the old folks (manning the "shop") to karang guni or recycler.

This way, it could help to create a simple form of employment for old folks while at the same time help recycle useful items which are thrown away for the wrong reasons.

U p/t garang guni man huh ?

Sinkies behaviour are uglier and uglier, at times, I'm vexed to admit I'm one of us,

U can find their total behaviour totally out of line, urine inside lift despite having camera zoom on, smoking and spitting plus making monkey faces when spotted.

pushing supermart trolley into the lift and discard at void deck after use, digging nose with last pointy finger and vulgar languages of all kind.

Discarded tissues, water-bottles after a basket-ball practice, and empty can drink / used tissue paper & used coupons all conveniently thrown onto the car-park floor when rubbish bin are only few steps away.

Did not hold onto lift door and expect residents to press " Hold " last but not least, No thank you and Good-nite/ day . No damn manner !

• Praise 1

Side-trek a bit.

there is recycle bin that salvage the recycle stuff but it is so bad maintain that grang guni just help themselves to it

Sinkies behaviour are uglier and uglier, at times, I'm vexed to admit I'm one of us,

U can find their total behaviour totally out of line, urine inside lift despite having camera zoom on, smoking and spitting plus making monkey faces when spotted.

pushing supermart trolley into the lift and discard at void deck after use, digging nose with last pointy finger and vulgar languages of all kind.

Discarded tissues, water-bottles after a basket-ball practice, and empty can drink / used tissue paper & used coupons all conveniently thrown onto the car-park floor when rubbish bin are only few steps away.

Did not hold onto lift door and expect residents to press " Hold " last but not least, No thank you and Good-nite/ day . No damn manner !

with that I conclude my part of sg is same as urs. r we too crowded? or not taught well in school

In certain places, yeah a lot of ppl would lack manners actually. It depends on the environment. I lived in CCK beside the Yew tee station for 20 years and not once have I seen even

the littlest smidget of vandalism. Neighbours hold the lift for you and kids are quite okay. Majority are upper middle class. Evident from the no. of contis here.

But the places you want to avoid generally are low income areas (not being biased). This is because places like that generally, would have higher gang influence and the worst thing is

the younger kids would follow the older kids, which inherit their bad traits from gang behavior. That includes language, gang slang, clothing, attitude, etc.. The cycle repeats itself.

I have observed that the overall condition of these low cost neighbourhoods are subpar to the condition of higher end HDB neighbourhoods. This is because the ppl generally don't

care about the environment they live in. Boh chap liao.. Whereas if you look at the more well to do estates, you would see a difference in social behavior. Everyone is friendly (almost).

In my honest opinion, the lower end neighbourhood is okay for temporary stay. But if you are planning to raise a family, choose a mature area with middle class to upper class residents,

far far away from 2 room flats, and near to good schools with good reputation. Stay away from ITE colleges (due to gang influence), and most importantly with a market nearby for groceries

You won't have to worry about bad influences to your family and the environment would be a lot more pleasing to live in.

In certain places, yeah a lot of ppl would lack manners actually. It depends on the environment. I lived in CCK beside the Yew tee station for 20 years and not once have I seen even

the littlest smidget of vandalism. Neighbours hold the lift for you and kids are quite okay. Majority are upper middle class. Evident from the no. of contis here.

But the places you want to avoid generally are low income areas (not being biased). This is because places like that generally, would have higher gang influence and the worst thing is

the younger kids would follow the older kids, which inherit their bad traits from gang behavior. That includes language, gang slang, clothing, attitude, etc.. The cycle repeats itself.

I have observed that the overall condition of these low cost neighbourhoods are subpar to the condition of higher end HDB neighbourhoods. This is because the ppl generally don't

care about the environment they live in. Boh chap liao.. Whereas if you look at the more well to do estates, you would see a difference in social behavior. Everyone is friendly (almost).

In my honest opinion, the lower end neighbourhood is okay for temporary stay. But if you are planning to raise a family, choose a mature area with middle class to upper class residents,

far far away from 2 room flats, and near to good schools with good reputation. Stay away from ITE colleges (due to gang influence), and most importantly with a market nearby for groceries

You won't have to worry about bad influences to your family and the environment would be a lot more pleasing to live in.

I guess u stay near the police station instead of the secondary sch side. I think family upbringing is more impt then env. I have a friend who no matter how hard we ask her to drink she will never drink not becos of religion or what. Is principal and family upbringing. She don't want to disappoint family. No matter how we make fun of her stand is firm

• Praise 1

Take the tyre and make 2 swings

can also use it as a float and go swimming in the sea, or singapore river :D it will never sink like, unlike normal fancy looking type

↡ Advertisement