Does dentist clean the tube that suck saliva?

Spiderman302

Anyone knows whether the dentist replace the 'bend' tube that hook at the corner of our lips every time they treat the next patient?

If not we may be subject to whatever infection the previous patient

may have.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Anyone knows whether the dentist replace the 'bend' tube that hook at the corner of our lips every time they treat the next patient?

may have.

The end tube is disposable. Of course the other permanent portion is not clean lah. Only suction, no pumping out action, should be quite safe. [rolleyes]

may have.

You can always request them to change it in front of u. But dentist should be quite pro no need worry.

• Praise 1

may have.

at the end of every used, the nurse would let the tube suck a cup of 'blue solution' and happen I asked her what is it. She informed that it is a cleaning agent (alcohol + anti bacteria) for the tube.

So you are safe ... -_-

may have.

Sgp kiasee mentality kicking in. Yo. :D

Either they use new or sterilize the tube, they should not use the same tube for the next patient, even for other tools.

Typical kia see Singaporean

or never go dentist before lo

All I can say to TS is, 'this is not Vietnam, Cambodia, or any 3rd world country'

How about all those tools laid neatly on the stainless steel tray? I don't think they are sterilised after each time the tools were used to poke here and there in the patient's mouth. Can't imagine those with rotten teeth and have a breath as stink as a stagnant longkang! Seriously, I ever came across some people's breath can be that bad!

• Praise 1

How about all those tools laid neatly on the stainless steel tray? I don't think they are sterilised after each time the tools were used to poke here and there in the patient's mouth. Can't imagine those with rotten teeth and have a breath as stink as a stagnant longkang! Seriously, I ever came across some people's breath can be that bad!

Got lah... Is SOP to steralise the tools. Normally nurse will bring a new prepped set in metal bowl to the dentist for next patient...

How about the handpiece? Do they sterilised every use? U seen them open new packet of instrument? Everytime go there already placed in the tray swee swee already

this is a car forum for goodness sake, if you have so many questions why didn't you ask them on the spot?

Supercharged

One thing among many I dislike about dentists ( I'm a dentistphobe btw )they never tell you how much any treatment will cost you and give you a chance to say no thanks.

It's always 'time for an X Ray'. Yeah well ok , like, but how much are you gonna stiff me for because in 50 years of X Rays they've never pointed out something I had wrong and needed attention.

One thing among many I dislike about dentists ( I'm a dentistphobe btw )they never tell you how much any treatment will cost you and give you a chance to say no thanks.

It's always 'time for an X Ray'. Yeah well ok , like, but how much are you gonna stiff me for because in 50 years of X Rays they've never pointed out something I had wrong and needed attention.

They usually display their price list at the reception. You can also ask the dentist for the price before proceeding.

Like my dentist told me I need to do crowning. I checked with her for the price and decided to do it elsewhere which is cheaper. See the tooth crowning thread. 

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2060668-tooth-crowning/page-4?do=findComment&comment=6147441

nowadays most of the clinic will show you the cost of each procedure, if for root canal the range is around $800 which including x-ray. I went into a private dentist in Ngee Ann city  [sweatdrop]  [sweatdrop]  who was recommended by my neighborhood dentist, i was sooooo concern about how sharp her knife is (yes quite chio too  :wub: )  .

The first examination was for x-ray and show a crack, she drill a hole to see if root canal can be done if the crack is not deep. End up the it was a gone case and need to be extracted. She patch back the hole and advice me to seek my dentist for 2nd opinion. Hence i was charged $400, half the cost since the 2nd stage of root canal was not perform.

↡ Advertisement