Infant car seat- you put behind driver or passenger?

Panerex77

I know both sides have its pros and cons.

Which side are you putting the car seat at, assuming you have an infant in your family?

↡ Advertisement

I will put on the passenger side, along the road, safer to take baby out of car. When alone with baby in car, can turn 135 degree to see baby. When baby cry, can pay pat baby.

I will put on the passenger side, along the road, safer to take baby out of car. When alone with baby in car, can turn 135 degree to see baby. When baby cry, can pay pat baby.

For me it depends if there is any accompanying adult on the passenger row.

If no, the infant seat will be on the passenger seat.

If yes, the infant seat will be on the driver side.

by rite, infant shld be in a baby seat facing rearwards, if i recall correctly. In tat case, no point putting on the passenger (left) side of the back seat. i would put on driver (right) side, i.e. rite behind me n facing rearwards. If any incident happens on the road, then my own survival instinct to siam will ensure my baby will siam together with me.

I rem reading somewhere putting behind driver seat is recommended. Tats for safety reason like timex1441 has mentioned.

Drive will naturally siam himself from being hurt thus being on d same side of driver has higher chance of bring safe. :)

U can fix a mirror from daiso ($2) to see ur child without having to turn ur head behind

Turbocharged

Always on the same side as the driver for me.

Bec if need to swerve, no need to think too much. Also for logistical reasons, rear passenger can alight kerbside.

Otherwise, with the car seat behind front passenger means rear passenger has to always alight and watch for oncoming traffic.

At the back, behind driver. Safer like what some has mentioned and also less distraction for driver. New parents who drive need to learn to filter out the occasional cries and concentrate on the road.

Neutral Newbie

always behind the passenger side.

because when I drop my wife and baby, my wife will get him from the rear left door.

much safer like this.

You have to ask yourself what is more important to you, safety or convenience, and for who. For the baby or for the passenger or for you as a driver.

For your info I put mine behind driver seat.

Thanks all for ur valuable comments.

After thinking thru, my priority shall be the safety of the infant, over convenience.

As such, I shall place it behind driver seat.

Turbocharged

if TS mentioned put behind, there should be another adult at the rear, if not should be in front at passenger seat

In front at passenger seat? What if airbag deploy during collision?

Turbocharged

In front at passenger seat? What if airbag deploy during collision?

baby should be rear facing, need to deactivate the airbag

↡ Advertisement