Toyota Avanza's price benchmarked against VW Touran

Lethalstrike

lol

now buy car min also abt 100k.... even small jazz already 100+k

haiz

yup true that..

to me, it is a myth that prices will fall in 2015 due to the 'massive' deregistrations..

↡ Advertisement

Avanza is marketed as an affordable family car in Indonesia and it is the cheapest car available for their Toyota line up. My gf's dad owned on and I was travelling around in it a lot in Indonesia.

All I can say for the "quality is, that it is just a point A > B type of vehicle, super basic and can really ferry a lot of people. It was an old car (Gen 1) but super reliable, just the normal maintenance.

Indonesia all of the roads filled by Avanza, Rush, Innova , CR-V, Parjeo etc, no sedan, no Conti brands, 99% Japanese brands,

Avanza assembled in Indonesia, super cheap about S$20k can buy

Indonesia all of the roads filled by Avanza, Rush, Innova , CR-V, Parjeo etc, no sedan, no Conti brands, 99% Japanese brands,

Avanza assembled in Indonesia, super cheap about S$20k can buy

Avanza gives me the first impression that it'snative to Malaysia or Indonesia,there's just this styling that's unmistakably from the 2 countries.

If anyone was looking at a cheap car that can ferry 7, I guess avanza ticks that box. But if otherwise, there are just other better options at that price point than this.

Just saw the new face lift pics of avanza on sgcarmart.. I'd say it looks better and the ice in the car is of a better quality (touch screen!) And going for 1k more than the existing version..

If only I struck the hongbao toto....

you are somewhat right.. though there's more than just one avanza around.. have spotted them all over sg, in shopping mall carparks, expressways, hdb areas.. numbers wise sure loose out to the M'sia Avanzas..

oh well... we have a crazy tax structure for sheet metal that moves on 4 wheels. [hur]

Just saw the new face lift pics of avanza on sgcarmart.. I'd say it looks better and the ice in the car is of a better quality (touch screen!) And going for 1k more than the existing version..

If only I struck the hongbao toto....

Facelifted as it may be... I guess this may still be the only new car in Singapore that requires you to open the driver's window and slowly pinch out the radio antenna on the A-pillar!

11373_g42_b.jpg

Facelifted as it may be... I guess this may still be the only new car in Singapore that requires you to open the driver's window and slowly pinch out the radio antenna on the A-pillar!

11373_g42_b.jpg

You got that right! I don't think borneo motors would put a small mechanical system to push or retract the antenna.. oh well.. you win some you lose some..

The facelifted look is congruent with the vios n camry so i guess its more consistent overall..

Oh well..

oh well.. you win some you lose some..

huh what do you win? i see absolutely zero case for this piece of junk now.

mobilio is going for 103,999 and avanza is going for 113,888??? BM really needs to wake up its idea.

huh what do you win? i see absolutely zero case for this piece of junk now.

mobilio is going for 103,999 and avanza is going for 113,888??? BM really needs to wake up its idea.

The mobilio's promo is only for demo units only so im guessing the price for new units are gonna be comparable or more to avanza.

Agree that there's not gonna be any sale for this new facelifted sheet metal with borneo motors current mgmt mindset..

Dont think they know the sg market at all...

I don't think the mobilo's price is for demo units.

A friend booked his for 103999 (deluxe version) a couple of weeks ago.

The pricing was apparently $113,999 but les $5k for the trade in and $5k for taking the loan.

CG

Avanza's no more!!

guess BM couldn't sell enough of it... 

Who will buy a MPV,that drive like Toyota LiteAce Van which Avanza is based on it.?It Interior's Plastic...just like Vans.. [thumbsdown]

• Praise 1

Avanza's no more!!

guess BM couldn't sell enough of it... 

That took long enough... actually, I can't say there's no place for this car in Singapore. But it's in the 90k bracket. Not the 115k one.

That took long enough... actually, I can't say there's no place for this car in Singapore. But it's in the 90k bracket. Not the 115k one.

totally agree.. a car like this should be priced lower cuz of its humble origins...

Saw more MY plate Avanza in Sin than Sin plate. Killed off by Sienta ? 

More like killed by Borneo itself - by virtue of its own pricing.

Sienta can't make the case for Avanza any more worse...  

↡ Advertisement