Lethalstrike

my avanza = $100k

ur touran = $100k

when i saw ur car broke down cos of the dsg, my smile = priceless :D

You go malaysia

Ur avanza 100k

their avanza 25k

when they saw your car, their smile is priceless [laugh]

downside of VW is the gearbox n expensive spare part.

as for Toyota although they r having a dinosaur gearbox of 4 speed, but some of their spare part r quite similar to vios n more reasonable.

my avanza = $100k

ur touran = $100k

when i saw ur car broke down cos of the dsg, my smile = priceless :D

I understand about your concerns about the reliability of the 7-speed DSG.

Putting reliability issues aside, the main point is that for dollar to dollar, paying $100k for an Avanza just does not make any good sense. From the onset, it is designed to be a cheap and cheerful mini-MPV for developing countries, in which costs are subjected to tight control by Toyota.

The only place where an Avanza is going for $100k is in SG, just because of the COE structure. I do hope Toyota re-consider their strategy and price it lower to sell, rather than taking consumers for a ride.

Did anyone notice the radio antenna on the driver's side? Personally, I wouldn't touch this car with a stick (or an antenna). Would rather consider other cars other than the 2 raised by TS. Korean cars pretty much owned Jap cars in B&B category I feel.

Radio ant oso so ancient. Just 1st tell tale sign how basic this car gonna b.

Rather look for wish or stream. More stylish n equally reliable.

Touran not in pix when comes to reliability.

Any idea when this is coming in? 60 days later, after cooldown? Don think it can be cheaper than Altis, so at least $111K. This pickup is aged but buyers will appreciate the space it offers.

Any idea when this is coming in? 60 days later, after cooldown? Don think it can be cheaper than Altis, so at least $111K. This pickup is aged but buyers will appreciate the space it offers.

IMO, It should be only cheaper than the Wish by a bit.

If we are still talking about practicality and reliability, and people die die must get a Toyota ( and be prepared to accept ancient technology ) , buyers should fork out a bit more for the Wish. After all, if like what TS mentioned is true that the Avanza pricing will be pegged to the Touran, the cost to upgrade to wish may not be so significant.

Other than that, they can also choose other Make-In-Indo and cheaper compact MPVs like the Suzuki APV or even the Terios 7.

If can wait, better still. Wait for the new Kia Carens. I think the Koreans are improving leaps and bounds in terms of design and quality from the 09s onwards, after the Forte & i45; a serious contender for Japanese B&B cars. In this case, you can also have practicability in terms of cost, better design and quality.

IMO, It should be only cheaper than the Wish by a bit.

If we are still talking about practicality and reliability, and people die die must get a Toyota ( and be prepared to accept ancient technology ) , buyers should fork out a bit more for the Wish. After all, if like what TS mentioned is true that the Avanza pricing will be pegged to the Touran, the cost to upgrade to wish may not be so significant.

Other than that, they can also choose other Make-In-Indo and cheaper compact MPVs like the Suzuki APV or even the Terios 7.

If can wait, better still. Wait for the new Kia Carens. I think the Koreans are improving leaps and bounds in terms of design and quality from the 09s onwards, after the Forte & i45; a serious contender for Japanese B&B cars. In this case, you can also have practicability in terms of cost, better design and quality.

Precisely, that is the point i am trying to make.

They should benchmark it against the Suzuki APV , Daihatsu Terios 7 and perhaps even the Proton Exora for a more meaningful pricing comparison. Benchmarking it to the best-seller (Touran 1.4) just doesn't make any sense. The reason Toyota & Borneo are doing this is because they are expecting the Avanza to be a volume seller, thus the Touran 1.4 was used as its main competitor.

Good luck to Borneo if they really proceed with this pricing proposition, the Avanza will be priced out of its league.

In singapore's context, people who buy toyota are not very savvy. It is not a bad car per se but at the price level and thailand's production, I have reservations about anyone buying a Toyota.

I think different culture different mentality towards these two cars. The toyota is no doubt more popular in Indo and MY as that's their reliable transportation tool. Their country land area is vast and no proper public transportation. A toyota is the basic reliable workhorse for them to move from point A to point B. Singapore is a small island, ppl are well to do. VW not as reliable but at least still got bus/mrt/taxi.

Maybe also because there is a clear price difference between the 2 cars in Malaysia and Indonesia (anyone can confirm teh price difference)?

Maybe also because there is a clear price difference between the 2 cars in Malaysia and Indonesia (anyone can confirm teh price difference)?

from what i know in indon brand new avanza cost about 160-170 million rupiah for basic model and 180-190 million for higher variant. so in Indon about 24k sgd?

think Malaysia will be slightly higher at around 30k sgd

↡ Advertisement