Will the Sea Change in HDB Policy Drag Property Prices Down?

HP_Lee

Turbocharged

I don't think it will affect the prices of private properties by alot especially the upmarket ones.

The question is whether HDB prices will actually go down with this new policy :D

Supersonic

Unker Khaw shld juz stick to playing wif hdb policies to control price and do his social engineering since it's owned by ah gong.

He shld stay away from kacau-ing pte properties as it's really none of his biz as pte ppty owners receive no handouts or subsidies from gahmen.

I don't think it will affect the prices of private properties by alot especially the upmarket ones.

The question is whether HDB prices will actually go down with this new policy :D

Pte and Resale flats will be untouched.

New flats may have schemes like:

1) Low flat price but can only sell back to HDB

2) Not so low flat price but longer occupation period before you can sell in resale market

Edited by Alim

If the HDB price still remain high before GE2016, then the next GE will could be a game changer. :D

(edited)

wah... isnt that what i mention in the other Thread..

Khaw also read MCF huh??

own up.. who is khaw here. :D:D

:D :D Some of these, did brought up during the grassroots meetings.

Edited by HP_Lee

wah... isnt that what i mention in the other Thread..

Khaw also read MCF huh??

own up.. who is khaw here. :D:D

price drop, sure got catch one lah

if the catch is too small, KBW makes buyers happy but incur the anger of the hdb owners (probably there are more owners than buyers)

if the catch is too big, KBW makes owners happy but incur the anger of the hdb buyers

question is where will he draw the line [gossip]

not easy [sweatdrop] he is keeping his cards close to his chest

can anyone go stand behind him and see whether he got a joker card or not [grin][laugh]

price drop, sure got catch one lah

if the catch is too small, KBW makes buyers happy but incur the anger of the hdb owners (probably there are more owners than buyers)

if the catch is too big, KBW makes owners happy but incur the anger of the hdb buyers

question is where will he draw the line [gossip]

not easy [sweatdrop] he is keeping his cards close to his chest

can anyone go stand behind him and see whether he got a joker card or not [grin][laugh]

We Singaporeans, get used to this suspicions. There is always catch. Normally, is an indirect Karma :D

Turbocharged

Pte and Resale flats will be untouched.

New flats may have schemes like:

1) Low flat price but can only sell back to HDB

2) Not so low flat price but longer occupation period before you can sell in resale market

New flats drop 50% from existing butg can only resell back to HDB, or 30% but 10yrs MOP.

Resale flats subsidy 200k (5rm), 150k (4rm) from HDB but can only resell back to HDB in the future, or lower subsidy but MOP of 10yrs

if gov really wanna drive down the prices of public housing, they definitely need a measure as drastic as the MAS policy to curb car loans.

High prices people complain,

price falls people complain.

The only solution is to keep prices

high when I want to sell

and let the price fall when I want to buy.

:D

New flats drop 50% from existing butg can only resell back to HDB, or 30% but 10yrs MOP.

Resale flats subsidy 200k (5rm), 150k (4rm) from HDB but can only resell back to HDB in the future, or lower subsidy but MOP of 10yrs

if gov really wanna drive down the prices of public housing, they definitely need a measure as drastic as the MAS policy to curb car loans.

actually the Govt is doing something very effective in driving down resale price - release EC land

i think the EC takeup rate by upgrader is about 60%

let say one condo has 300 units, 60% is 180 units

this means when TOP, 180 resale flats will be released to the market

the more EC, the more resale units released into the market

currently it is not impact the resale market so much yet as most of these EC has not TOP yet, so far i think only esprina

must wait for these EC to TOP, then resales price will drop