3rd party insurance claim

CMS

Nowadays got 100% one meh, I thought 80 /20% already very good liao cause 80/ 20% will not affect ur ncd.

By the way, the taxi travel very fast? TS din saw it turning in? If not, should be able to jam brake right?

Nowadays driving very stress, need to check all surrounding. Just my 2 cents view

↡ Advertisement

hi TS, not sure if my case can be a reference for you;

my car was rear end by another car last year december. did third party claim, came with courtesy car, workshop did repair and settled claims for me, i did not fork out any cash on my side. This year March received lawyer letter to inform me about the claims and update me their procedures through recorded phone call and mailed me hardcopy of our tele conversation subsequently... lawyer told me will take at least another 6 months... if other party insurer don't agree with the claimed amount, then will "fight" in court, blar blar.

p.s. Lawyer says less than $2k claims, normally will be agreeable.

With 2 favorable witness on your side, i believe the ball is in your court, good luck dude!

Thanks. I was told that if rear ended case, may WS will queue up to take the case coz easier to claim but head to side will be subjective to them.

Nowadays got 100% one meh, I thought 80 /20% already very good liao cause 80/ 20% will not affect ur ncd.

By the way, the taxi travel very fast? TS din saw it turning in? If not, should be able to jam brake right?

Nowadays driving very stress, need to check all surrounding. Just my 2 cents view

My understanding of 80/20 is I have to fork out 20% of the repair cost whilst the other party pay 80%.

If repair cost is $2500 and I will have to fork out $500/=. My excess is $600/=, so that means I will need to pay $500/= when it is not my fault at all.

Anyway the taxi is fast turning right, my car spin 180 degrees before coming to a halt about 15-20m away.

1st.question: The Taxi hit your car right-side and must not into your car frontage ?

2nd.question: Both your witness made their statements in your favour and must not related with you ?

3rd.question: Did you capture the accident scene in your dashboard video camera ?

If the above are "ALL YES" then you may proceed claiming him 100% compensations with courtesy car [nod]

You may PM me in case you need motor claim advises further, I'm willing to show you all my previous 3rd.party claimed without spending 1 cent on my part.

Regards.

1st qn: Yes, to my right body and not front. I'm going straight and he is turning right.

2nd qn: Yes they made their statement in my favour and they are not related to me.

3rd qn; My car camera was given to my father in law two mths ago. so no camera when accident happen.

My understanding of 80/20 is I have to fork out 20% of the repair cost whilst the other party pay 80%.

If repair cost is $2500 and I will have to fork out $500/=. My excess is $600/=, so that means I will need to pay $500/= when it is not my fault at all.

Anyway the taxi is fast turning right, my car spin 180 degrees before coming to a halt about 15-20m away.

Actually that will encourage people to drive more safely and defensively and not have the mentally of I got right of way , accident I just claim the other party at fault. Sometimes accident can be avoided, but with the "I got right of way" mentally, accident can be avoided become the other party fault for the accident.

Edited by Yewheng

Anyway, do I have to call the 2 witnessess to make a police report coz I'm worried that if the investigation process drag on, memory of the accident may fade.

is it normal for the workshop to use reconditioned parts? or is it decided by the surveyor?

If your car is above 3yrs old, they can use recon parts under the "Lump Sum Terms" till the car is repaired to the pre-accident condition.

Taking my case as reference, the witness actually made a report at NPC. However for my case, the other party hit a govt property as well. Hence a police report is necessary. For your case am unsure. Perhaps u can ask both witnesses to write down what they saw and sign at the bottom of the statement, with their NRIC.

Thanks. I was told that if rear ended case, may WS will queue up to take the case coz easier to claim but head to side will be subjective to them.

Head to side still need to ascertain traffic lights in who's favour so not always clear-cut.

Anyway, do I have to call the 2 witnessess to make a police report coz I'm worried that if the investigation process drag on, memory of the accident may fade.

Police report is for police investigation. Insurance claim is a separate matter. The last time I was told to get a signed written statement from witness to go with the insurance claim. If the case goes to court there's a chance witness might need to attend.

I was also advised that if you can get witness, best is to take down their contact info and get them to write a letter and sign it to file with your insurance company.

Anyway, lets say the claim goes through and you claim for loss of use instead of car rental. Is it normal to take a year for the loss of use claim to be sent to you?

Head to side still need to ascertain traffic lights in who's favour so not always clear-cut.

Agreed. But both are green light coz one car is inside the pocket waiting for me to pass through but the taxi cheong and rammed me. Luckily the driver of the car in the pocket came forward to be my witness.

Agreed. But both are green light coz one car is inside the pocket waiting for me to pass through but the taxi cheong and rammed me. Luckily the driver of the car in the pocket came forward to be my witness.

Trust me ! You're able to full claiming the other traffic accident Taxi as 3rd.party who is in 100% in Fault ! [sweatdrop][nod]

Need further advises ? You may PM me asap, I'm in Singapore on Friday.

Edited by Fongmy

Sorry been late, I just came back from Karaoke with friend's.

Please seek both the witnessess help to document into writing report of their willful exact event statement with their personal particulars and signature ASAP, save keep these doc's for any court summons later, never miss this particular important line to explain you had 2 eye witnesses at the accident scene and clearly state their personal particular in your current accident reporting for further TP investigations.

No one here in MCF are able to tell how long it might takes to settle and you may now look for WS whom are helpful and is very confident to take up your accident case to fully claiming 3rd.Party.

However, if you do need my help ? Please PM me [nod]

Bro its not side to side but head to side collision. Its just the damage on the taxi is somewhere near to its front right corner. If this is still not a clear cut taxi fault, I dunno what to say liao.

By the way, I presumed NTUC comfort taxi is insured by NTUC Income right??

Not to scare you...but a few years back along Alexandra Rd...a taxi swerve into my lane and my front left corner hit his rear right corner...initially my stupid insurance company say I at fault and wanted to pay out and I made noise...end up 50/50...(ie he settle his own and I settle my own)

I would presume that NTUC cab are insured under NTUC.

is it normal for the workshop to use reconditioned parts? or is it decided by the surveyor?

I know is that they have a budget to work within...especially old cars. Cos if the repair cost is too high...the insurance company may ask you to scrap cos its "beyond economical cost"

Some WS use used parts cos they wanna boost their profit cos they bid low to get the biz some is becos owner wants "extra" done to their cars..so they use used parts so as not to overshoot the budget.

Some parts I dun mind used...like headlights (as long as its polished back) and tail lights etc...but not engine related stuff lah...like radiator...etc...cos I kenna from a stupid WS before. 3rd party claim and WS replace the radiator with a used one...cos after a week..I check it was all rusty.

Call the workshop to cow peh and he told me they forgotten to put coolant and ask me to go back and they change coolant for me...I insist that they replace the radiator cos my before accident one was not rusty at all cos mine always have coolant solutions. The one they give also have coolant..cos has that disgusting smell just that it was rusty.

TS, i can definitely relate to your case. i think u can claim full damge against 3rd party. as u said, it is green light but NOT GREEN ARROW for the taxi to turn right? with 2 witnesses esp one who was beside the taxim u shud have a strong case here. since TP was involved, most probably taxi driver will get demerit points and fine too.

since u are sure u are not at fault, dont worry then. only worry abt the WS u are liaising with. like what the bros here say, make sure they are sincere and wont ask u to pay for anything.

(edited)

TS, i can definitely relate to your case. i think u can claim full damge against 3rd party. as u said, it is green light but NOT GREEN ARROW for the taxi to turn right? with 2 witnesses esp one who was beside the taxim u shud have a strong case here. since TP was involved, most probably taxi driver will get demerit points and fine too.

since u are sure u are not at fault, dont worry then. only worry abt the WS u are liaising with. like what the bros here say, make sure they are sincere and wont ask u to pay for anything.

Yes super confident that it is green light for my direction, if his side is green arrow, my side shld be red liao. I'm very confident that I can claim 100%. Thanks for injecting more confidence in my case.

Edited by CMS
↡ Advertisement