3rd party insurance claim

CMS

Twincharged

If the witness agree to go to court then you should be able to get 80/20. Or else maybe 50-50. Some witnesses upon hearing need to go court will back off.

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Received call from WS saying that I can go choose a set of rims as replacement for one of the damage one. But I can only choose one set of 4 second hand rims and they will claim for the cost. But If I dun like the rims, I can get a new set but they will only claim for two of the new rims only, the other two I have to pay for it.

Anyone heard of this before?? Is this true?? They are saying something like "claim under lump sum'. What is that??

Edited by CMS

Received call from WS saying that I can go choose a set of rims as replacement for one of the damage one. But I can only choose one set of 4 second hand rims and they will claim for the cost. But If I dun like the rims, I can get a new set but they will only claim for two of the new rims only, the other two I have to pay for it.

Anyone heard of this before?? Is this true?? They are saying something like "claim under lump sum'. What is that??

Eh.. my case last time. only 2 rims got scratches.

Insurance co sent me $500 cheque for the rims replacement cost. I went on to respray all my rims which costed only $120.

My understanding of 80/20 is I have to fork out 20% of the repair cost whilst the other party pay 80%.

If repair cost is $2500 and I will have to fork out $500/=. My excess is $600/=, so that means I will need to pay $500/= when it is not my fault at all.

Anyway the taxi is fast turning right, my car spin 180 degrees before coming to a halt about 15-20m away.

Hmmm.. I dun think so, I think 80/20 means his insurance coy pay 80 while ur own insurance coy pay 20, you will not be paying single cents and will also not affect ur ncd, this one need an insurance expert to confirm whether I'm right.

Hi, Bro CMS,

I already PM you, please check-it-out.

Just wondering if anyone would be able to assist me in answering some doubts.

I got into an accident more than half a year ago in Singapore. I was driving a car which belongs to my girlfriend's dad. It was a very minor accident(I bumped into the back of his car after he immediately switched to my lane and brake), with just a slight cracked of the other party's license plate and a small scratch at the side of his car's bumper. The following day after the accident, I met up with the other party involved together with my friend who works as a mechanic to help access the likely damage of his car. My friend told me the total cost of his repair would probably be less than 500. However, the other party was holding me to 3K, otherwise he would make a claim against the insurance of the owner. I was advised by my friend not to pay him, since he was out to cheat my money.

Half a year later, my girlfriend's dad received a lawyer's letter from the other party. There is a 7K medical bill as well as some other miscellaneous bills on it. I am very sure the guy was perfectly alright after the accident, as his car did not even move an inch forward.

Now the situation, am I considered even a 3rd party? And to what extent am I liable in this case? I thought that since the car I was driving is being insured by the owner, hence the insurance company of the owner would be paying the cost which the other party claims? I am currently still a student and have no income, I am also keeping this from my parents as I do not want them to worry.

Is there any chance I might have to pay the 7K bill and some other miscellaneous fees as a third party?

Hopeful for some advice guys...thanks.

Mr Worried.

Just wondering if anyone would be able to assist me in answering some doubts.

I got into an accident more than half a year ago in Singapore. I was driving a car which belongs to my girlfriend's dad. It was a very minor accident(I bumped into the back of his car after he immediately switched to my lane and brake), with just a slight cracked of the other party's license plate and a small scratch at the side of his car's bumper. The following day after the accident, I met up with the other party involved together with my friend who works as a mechanic to help access the likely damage of his car. My friend told me the total cost of his repair would probably be less than 500. However, the other party was holding me to 3K, otherwise he would make a claim against the insurance of the owner. I was advised by my friend not to pay him, since he was out to cheat my money.

Half a year later, my girlfriend's dad received a lawyer's letter from the other party. There is a 7K medical bill as well as some other miscellaneous bills on it. I am very sure the guy was perfectly alright after the accident, as his car did not even move an inch forward.

Now the situation, am I considered even a 3rd party? And to what extent am I liable in this case? I thought that since the car I was driving is being insured by the owner, hence the insurance company of the owner would be paying the cost which the other party claims? I am currently still a student and have no income, I am also keeping this from my parents as I do not want them to worry.

Is there any chance I might have to pay the 7K bill and some other miscellaneous fees as a third party?

Hopeful for some advice guys...thanks.

Mr Worried.

1) His insurer is not paying because he is claiming 3rd party against you (does not involve his insurer)

2) Have you reported to your insurer about this accident 1/2 year ago? If yes, let your insurer handle the case. If not, you better quickly report to your insurer i.e. your gf dad's car insurer.

Lastly, which I pray for you... I really hope you have permission to drive the car from your gf's dad... if not, you are considered an "unauthorised" driver which means you are personally liable for the damages... [wave][bigcry]

NOTE that permission given by your gf to drive her dad's car DOES NOT EQUATE to permission from her dad ... because your gf is NOT the car owner!

Also please go check if the policy of your gf's dad car has NO restrictions for e.g. driving by person under age X, named driver, etc... all these conditions will also render you liable for the damages.

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

I met with a car accident. Me and another car side swap; He front left corner bumper scratchers. My car right side to the tyre and passenger door scratches and a dent. We both report. There's a dispute in the reports.

I went to BM tried to do 3rd party claim but due to disputes not processed. Haven't decide to do ODC cos and don't think will hit excess if i go outside do while BM quote me 3000 plus cos suggest changing door which i think is so overstated. Was just thinking of spray and suck the mild dent out. Didn't want to pursue further cos legal law and all so troublesome for this claim.

So then a month later, i received a letter of claim acting on behalf of the other car owner. Sent to my insurer too.

The letter states close to 4000 dollars of claims including surveyor, repairs etc. only bumper scratch why like that. Don't even have dent, super slow traffic. haiz.

May I understand what's next for me? I am gg to give insurer a call tomorrow. But first time happen so I uneasy feeling. Like become so big deal. All this time and energy hence the reason why I think small thing suan le. But now like hit my butt.

Is the letter of claim from the insurer or what? Sounds like the person never do ODC and is just claiming against my insurer.

What's the process now? haiz. very sianz.

I have receive my lawyer letter, it states that the other party (taxi) insurance company will to pay me $950/= for the settlement of the accident claim. I'm ok with the amount and does not want to drag the claim any further. My question is:

My NCD before the accident is 20%, if I accept the amount as settlement and close the case, will my NCD be affected. I call up my insurance company and they will reject any claim against me from the other party insurance company.

Forgot to indicate that the other insurance company is taking 90% of the liability to settle the claim

Forgot to indicate that the other insurance company is taking 90% of the liability to settle the claim

Is this for injury or property claim?

$950 seems very little.... how much is your repair costs or original claim?

Is this for injury or property claim?

$950 seems very little.... how much is your repair costs or original claim?

The breakdown they quote to compensate me:

General Damages - $1000

Medical Claim - $XXX

Transport (taxi) - $XXX

Total $XXXX

@90% $950/=

$1000 is it too little????? Will the taxi insurance company ask me to pay or claim my insurance for the taxi damages in future.

The cost of my car repair is $8000/= ++

The breakdown they quote to compensate me:

General Damages - $1000

Medical Claim - $XXX

Transport (taxi) - $XXX

Total $XXXX

@90% $950/=

$1000 is it too little????? Will the taxi insurance company ask me to pay or claim my insurance for the taxi damages in future.

The cost of my car repair is $8000/= ++

OIC... this is for your injury claim only... If u accept, then Yes the 90% is sufficient proof that you are not liable & NCD not affected.

But I canot comment if the compensation amount for General Damages is sufficient or not becos I dun even know wat is the extent of your injury, which depends on some factors eg how many times of treatment, MCs, scars, etc...

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

I need some advice here, I was involved in accident one month ago. My vehicle was parked in MSCP and a vehicle hit a few cars including mine. The owner caused the accident did leave contact and I manage to speak with him. As standard process, I contacted my insurance company and tow my car to designated repairer. Since, this accident clearly not my fault and the owner had admitted his wrong-doing; I filed a 3rd party claim to the owner insured company - NTUC Income.

One month has passed and the NTUC Income had yet to approve/authorized my claim. I called them and the call centre keep asking me to write-in. So, I did write-in for one week now - NO reply (even I had send a few reminder). My repairer tried contacting the officer in-charge but no one answer or response to their email. The part that make me angry was the owner caused the accident had his car fixed and return. He told me that the NTUC Income had authorized the repair. Is this fair? Anyone in this forum encounter such case? Any suggestion? I had written to Financial Industry Disputes Resolution Centre Ltd (FIDReC). By writing to FIDReC able to solve my issue? Any thought and suggestion?

Best regards,

Kevin

Hi,

I need some advice here, I was involved in accident one month ago. My vehicle was parked in MSCP and a vehicle hit a few cars including mine. The owner caused the accident did leave contact and I manage to speak with him. As standard process, I contacted my insurance company and tow my car to designated repairer. Since, this accident clearly not my fault and the owner had admitted his wrong-doing; I filed a 3rd party claim to the owner insured company - NTUC Income.

One month has passed and the NTUC Income had yet to approve/authorized my claim. I called them and the call centre keep asking me to write-in. So, I did write-in for one week now - NO reply (even I had send a few reminder). My repairer tried contacting the officer in-charge but no one answer or response to their email. The part that make me angry was the owner caused the accident had his car fixed and return. He told me that the NTUC Income had authorized the repair. Is this fair? Anyone in this forum encounter such case? Any suggestion? I had written to Financial Industry Disputes Resolution Centre Ltd (FIDReC). By writing to FIDReC able to solve my issue? Any thought and suggestion?

Best regards,

Kevin

Use legal to threaten. If not, go to complaint in press or MP.

Write to FIDReC not much use unless you are also insured with NTUC Income.

Neutral Newbie

Hi Guys,

I would like to ask if you see any chance for me to fight back against this 3rd party claim:

1- I had a car accident with a blue taxi and I was alleged  for a hit-and-run accident. I filled in a police report explaining that this has been a misunderstanding and I had stopped at the first position on the other side of the road. I received an stern warning from SPF regarding the accident for the following:

a.      Careless driving
b.      Failing to report within 24 hrs after an accident

2- My car was a rented car from SMOVE and I have received an email from them that I need to pay 2000$+GST regarding the third party claim.

3- I requested for more information from the insurance company and SMOVE. They replied they are unable to get a copy of third party report as this accident was paid out and closed already.   Since, both reports tally with each other and our driver is at fault, thus we  have to pay out to third party.

4- The issue is that the car that I was driving was not damaged at all and I think the taxi driver is claiming for too much. I had a friend with me in the car at the time of the accident and he can also testify that the accident was too mild and it cannot have this much damage.

5- The user agreement with SMOVE indicates that the cars are insured against all 3rd party risks & liabilities, damage to the vehicle, subject to the following excess: Own damage excess per accident: $2,000 & 3rd party excess per accident $2,000.

I have consulted with both FIDReC and CASE and they told me they can't help since I don't own the car and I have no direct relationship with the insurance companies in this case.

Thanks a lot for your help.

(edited)

Hi Guys,

I would like to ask if you see any chance for me to fight back against this 3rd party claim:

1- I had a car accident with a blue taxi and I was alleged  for a hit-and-run accident. I filled in a police report explaining that this has been a misunderstanding and I had stopped at the first position on the other side of the road. I received an stern warning from SPF regarding the accident for the following:

a.      Careless driving

b.      Failing to report within 24 hrs after an accident

2- My car was a rented car from SMOVE and I have received an email from them that I need to pay 2000$+GST regarding the third party claim.

3- I requested for more information from the insurance company and SMOVE. They replied they are unable to get a copy of third party report as this accident was paid out and closed already.   Since, both reports tally with each other and our driver is at fault, thus we  have to pay out to third party.

4- The issue is that the car that I was driving was not damaged at all and I think the taxi driver is claiming for too much. I had a friend with me in the car at the time of the accident and he can also testify that the accident was too mild and it cannot have this much damage.

5- The user agreement with SMOVE indicates that the cars are insured against all 3rd party risks & liabilities, damage to the vehicle, subject to the following excess: Own damage excess per accident: $2,000 & 3rd party excess per accident $2,000.

I have consulted with both FIDReC and CASE and they told me they can't help since I don't own the car and I have no direct relationship with the insurance companies in this case.

Thanks a lot for your help.

You can try to obtain a copy of the accident report from GIA Management Centre if it is still in their Data base.

http://www.gia.org.sg/public%20type%20motor/motor-accident-report-purchase.html

If I were you, I would just pay up and forget about it.  The another party's claim against SMOVE  insurance Co is very likely to be much more than $2000 and I don't think it make any sense for you to spend more time and money to fight the case.

Edited by Tripleh