Some good bicycle lock are need or just waste money?

Spica

Any opinion if some good and expensive($100 plus) bicycle locks are need or just waste money?

example: u shape steel (from trek bicycle shop) + double big chain with hardest yale lock is enough to secure 1.5k bicycle at some mrt bicycle slot near city area.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I use $1.05 bicycle lock from valueshop to lock my lousy aleoca...so far so good.. LOL

I brought $9.90 bicycle lock, the lock corroded and spolit after few mths.

depends on the value of your bike lo.....if your bike is a few K then spending on a expensive lock is just a drop in the ocean for a peace of mind....likewise if yours is a cheapo bike then just get a cheap lock loh...but the best defense is dont let your bike out of your sight, given the right tool any lock can be broken. if the thief cannot steal he could damage your bike or lock instead, or just steal the components etc.

• Praise 1

My bike has special anti theft paint so no lock also no one steals.

The pain is a special rust colour.

So is your bike expensive?

n where do you normally park it?

I think no need to buy lock.

If someone steals it I will give u mind

As I m getting another bike soon

:D

Supersonic

post-1105-1366452438_thumb.jpg

Any opinion if some good and expensive($100 plus) bicycle locks are need or just waste money?

example: u shape steel (from trek bicycle shop) + double big chain with hardest yale lock is enough to secure 1.5k bicycle at some mrt bicycle slot near city area.

Waste money. Juz get a metal chain & padlock like in Premium Rush. [laugh]

Edited by Soya
  • Praise 1

Theres a lock call forgetaboutit. Cant remember the brand. It live up to its name in bicycle lock industry. Expensive and heavy.

I just wonder,can someone make a 'chip' implant onto a very expensive bicycle frame,can be trace by G.P.S. via i-Phone or something..?

• Praise 1

I just wonder,can someone make a 'chip' implant onto a very expensive bicycle frame,can be trace by G.P.S. via i-Phone or something..?

You can but its so much trouble looking for a lost item...

• Praise 1

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/this-urban-jungle/thief-makes-off-with-bicycle-in-tampines-but-leaves-this-behind

Thief makes off with bicycle in Tampines... but leaves this behind

Posted on 01 January 2015 | 368 views | 2 comments

Stomper Jonathan said his bicycle got stolen at Block 250 Tampines even though he had used a lock.

The Stomper said In an email to Stomp, the Stomper wrote:

"I would like to report a theft of a bicycle at Block 250 Tampines.

"I'm not sure if the bicycle was stolen this morning (Jan 1) or last night as I only discovered it in the afternoon today.

"The thief left the tyre there as he or she possibly couldn't destroy the lock.

"I know I probably can't do anything about it but I just want people living in the are to know."

• Praise 10

I bought kryptonite lock in amazon.

Unbreakable if u use two

i go in look look see see

woah!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, let me just say this package is amazing. Not only is the lock super-tough, but the customer service you get with it is absolutely fantastic. Case in point: Mardi Gras, New Orleans, 2011. I lock my bike up somewhere not particularly safe, then proceed, over the course of the day, to lose my keys. That means no way to get my bike unlocked. Ahh, but I had registered my bike keys for this lock with Kryptonite, which is a free service through their website through which you can order replacement keys. I called them, and they were able to look up the lock number and send an order to their shop to make me a new key for FREE! Hooray. (I think its the first set of replacement keys that are free - after that a small fee applies?) Well, it ends up that their key machine broke right as I had this problem, and it was going to take a few weeks to fix. But instead of telling me I had to wait, they instead contacted me, and offered to pay to have my lock cut AND send me a replacement lock - again, for FREE - because the machine was down, but they knew I was worried about the safety of my bike! How great is that? (Especially since it was my own dang fault the keys were lost).

In the week it took to sort this all out, my bicycle remained firmly locked up in the sketchy place I'd left it (New Orleans is 2nd for bicycle theft in the nation, after New York - and where I had locked it up was particularly not safe) because this lock is nearly impossible to break (and trust me, it took the locksmith almost an hour of sawing with an electric saw to break this one that was on it, the series two with a cable through the back wheel - not exactly a feat a bicycle thief would try to pull off unless your bike is locked up where NO ONE could see them do this, and they had both the patience to spend an hour trying & the expensive equipment with which to do it. I'm not saying it can't be done - just that it seems like it'd be very difficult). I'm buying a second lock now for a new bike, and couldn't be more ecstatic about purchasing it. And how often do you get excited about spending your hard earned money on a lock? THANKS KRYPTONITE! Your products, and service, are truly outstanding in this era of big business apathy and crappy plastic widgets. I am a grateful customer for life.

Rather than getting expensive one lock, get a dozen of cheap locks, that will make thief think twice :D

[grin]

Youre-not-stealing-my-bike.jpg

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

OT abit here.

from time to time, I will see some bicycles that the riders sprayed with some weird color and ugly paint job. from my understanding, these are stolen bikes and the thieves trying to change the original look of the bikes.

But isn't these bikers telling the whole world I stole a bike? [hur]

• Praise 2

Twincharged

Rather than getting expensive one lock, get a dozen of cheap locks, that will make thief think twice :D

Only problem is carrying many locks is heavy leh. Unless you always park at the same location and can leave all your locks there. For me I have one kryptonite U lock with a cable and another OnGuard chain lock. Use the U lock to lock my rear wheels and frame and the cable runs through my saddle. Then the chain lock goes around the front wheel and frame. If I never bring the chain lock then I'll just use the cable to run through the front wheel as well.

• Praise 1

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/this-urban-jungle/thief-makes-off-with-bicycle-in-tampines-but-leaves-this-behind

Thief makes off with bicycle in Tampines... but leaves this behind

Posted on 01 January 2015 | 368 views | 2 comments

Stomper Jonathan said his bicycle got stolen at Block 250 Tampines even though he had used a lock.

The Stomper said In an email to Stomp, the Stomper wrote:

"I would like to report a theft of a bicycle at Block 250 Tampines.

"I'm not sure if the bicycle was stolen this morning (Jan 1) or last night as I only discovered it in the afternoon today.

"The thief left the tyre there as he or she possibly couldn't destroy the lock.

"I know I probably can't do anything about it but I just want people living in the are to know."

that happened because the thief was trying his luck to see if the lock was those cheapo lock..

some cheapo lock you just pull hard macam do wheelie and the lock will give way.. but slightly better one, you may yank off the front wheel..

always make sure you have one more lock that lock the rear wheel to the frame..

Twincharged

that happened because the thief was trying his luck to see if the lock was those cheapo lock..

some cheapo lock you just pull hard macam do wheelie and the lock will give way.. but slightly better one, you may yank off the front wheel..

always make sure you have one more lock that lock the rear wheel to the frame..

I think the thief just want to get the bike easily. Now he take the bike without the wheel but then he can easily find many other bikes where the wheels are not locked to the frame and get a set of wheels for his new bike. Now many bikes come with quick release wheels so the thief probably doesn't need any tools at all.

Edited by Nzy
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1