Water pipes creating loud noise

Babyt

the waterpipes at home is making loud constant 'duuuu' noise when we turn on tap, flush toilet, use washing machine. it sounds like as if its going to vibrate and burst.

ended up we cannot turn on the water volume too fast n too much to avoid the sound.

what can I do? sld I call town council or HDB or PUB? Will adjusting water valve works?

Not 7 months yet what . how come so early ?

↡ Advertisement

Its called "water hammer", a plumber will be able to help you.

I had the same encounter at my place, faucets would vibrate and pipes sounded like they were going to fall apart.

Mine was caused by a faulty flushing mechanism, plumber changed the entire plastic assembly and problem was solved.

problem solved.

the leaking tap in the bathroom changed and solved the loud sound.

that tap will leak whenever we flush toilet, shower or use washing machine...that's the source of problem.

thanks everyone for input.

• Praise 1

My knn neighbour upstair purposely adjusted his water flow and now everytime he flushes the toilet, sure got a duuuuuuuuuuuu sound. He spent some time yesterday night to adjust until he got the baddest and meanest duuuuuuu sound. Will lodge a complaint to hdb and town council on monday. This cb kiah goes toilet 2-3 times after midnight. [mad]

Seow nang jit tuah too

you have to suck it up lor. what can hdb do? 

can't even prove the bugger did it on purpose. what did you do to the neighbor that he must purposely tekan you?

anyway, just buy a bamboo stick, set alarm at 3 am to go to every room and whack at the ceiling to wake his whole family up lor.

• Praise 2

My knn neighbour upstair purposely adjusted his water flow and now everytime he flushes the toilet, sure got a duuuuuuuuuuuu sound. He spent some time yesterday night to adjust until he got the baddest and meanest duuuuuuu sound. Will lodge a complaint to hdb and town council on monday. This cb kiah goes toilet 2-3 times after midnight. [mad]

Seow nang jit tuah too

I must report to the national geographic that mating season for toilet cistern come early this year.

you have to suck it up lor. what can hdb do?

can't even prove the bugger did it on purpose. what did you do to the neighbor that he must purposely tekan you?

anyway, just buy a bamboo stick, set alarm at 3 am to go to every room and whack at the ceiling to wake his whole family up lor.

after a few nights no need to buy new pattern wall paper for ceiling.
  • Praise 1

Seow nang jit tuah too

Hahahha i hope its not in yishun
  • Praise 5

NPC chaps came and checked, it seemed the whole block here got this problem due to water tank upgrading works.

No idea of it as I do not read the notice board.

But they did speak to the upstairs neighbour and it is quieter now. *touch wood*

Spoke on the need to inculcate neighbourliness among residents and blah blah blah blah.... [laugh]

• Praise 1

Seow nang jit tuah too

old people go toilet 3 times a night is quite common [laugh]

old people go toilet 3 times a night is quite common [laugh]

LOL. How Seh Kiah lah. The cistern water intake pipe keep squeaking non-stop and when flushed the piping system goes duuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

Seow nang jit tuah too

I dont understand how he adjust his water flow to get the sound le?  [confused]

• Praise 1

likely a repair was done in the toilet and some of the piping needed to be opened up and air trapped inside during the repair.

Once the repair done, usually the gushing sound appeared anywhere from cistern up to the piping area until a long time the sound will fade off as "trapped air" is crawling out!

Just like an operation in the hospital, there bound to be some air trapped in the body and take time to push out and can be uncomfortable.

• Praise 1

I dont understand how he adjust his water flow to get the sound le? [confused]

Long time poster so no one challenge or doubt him.

But I remember one newbie fellow Kanna whack upside down for claiming his neighbor purposely blow smoke into his house.

On 8/19/2017 at 10:02 PM, Count-Bracula said:

LOL. How Seh Kiah lah. The cistern water intake pipe keep squeaking non-stop and when flushed the piping system goes duuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

anyway to soundproof those sewerage pipes inside your toilet?

newer bto actually box up the pipes but seems even louder with echo 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Inlinefour said:

anyway to soundproof those sewerage pipes inside your toilet?

newer bto actually box up the pipes but seems even louder with echo 

I think my cornice amplifies sound from floor above.  Next flat must not install.

No way to insulate against sound? 

But the toilet ceiling must be quite thin,  neighbour upstair pee also can hear very loud. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3