Smart LED TV

Skywalker

Reliability is important in electronics, esp one that you are going to use daily for years to come.

There is no such thing as reliabilty for electronics nowadays. That's the reason why they come out with new models every year. The max lifespan would be ard 5 and 8 years for the premium high end model. They won't be making any profits if all electronic gadgets can stand the test of time. This is not the 70s or 80s where electronic products will launch new models only after every few years.

↡ Advertisement

manufacturers now build appliances such that they only have 3-4 year life span. they want you to change in order to fuel their year on year sales revenue.

ya lor,, like a certain fruit company... [laugh]

I go for cheap n acceptable quality regardless

Of its brand , that's y I bought a hk brand tv recently

58" smart led for 1399 only , best if all , 3 yrs warranty

There is no such thing as reliabilty for electronics nowadays. That's the reason why they come out with new models every year. The max lifespan would be ard 5 and 8 years for the premium high end model. They won't be making any profits if all electronic gadgets can stand the test of time. This is not the 70s or 80s where electronic products will launch new models only after every few years.

5-8 years good enough for good brands. To me, that's reliable enough.

My friend bought an Akira last only 2 years then kbkp. <_<

5-8 years good enough for good brands. To me, that's reliable enough.

My friend bought an Akira last only 2 years then kbkp. <_<

TMD.. my Samsung 55" juz went dead last weekend after not more then 3 yrs of usage

I didnt switch on for 5 days as i went oversea holiday

On the next day when i'm back, i switched on the power without even turn on the TV (standby mode) and the next few hrs i hear a loud crack sound from the TV, it went dead :angry:

I try google and realize that certain series of Samsung TV got this blown capacitor issue and it was honor in USA

Consumer can get it repair for free even warranty expired, but that only apply for USA, consumer rights protection

Other countries only can sux thumb <_<

My next shopping probably is a LG, read online that it's much more reliable

TMD.. my Samsung 55" juz went dead last weekend after not more then 3 yrs of usage

On the next day when i'm back, i switched on the power without even turn on the TV (standby mode) and the next few hrs i hear a loud crack sound from the TV, it went dead :angry:

I try google and realize that certain series of Samsung TV got this blown capacitor issue and it was honor in USA

Consumer can get it repair for free even warranty expired, but that only apply for USA, consumer rights protection

Yup yup, online forums shows certain batch of Samsung TVs got problem.

i had the same problem for my 42" samsung tv as well. i opened up the tv, and look for the exploded capacitors. went sim lim to buy compatibles. now tv is working fine, so far so good.

i had the same problem for my 42" samsung tv as well. i opened up the tv, and look for the exploded capacitors. went sim lim to buy compatibles. now tv is working fine, so far so good.

Yes, I read online that it can be diy

I'm not good with this stuff, can anyone introduce to me where can I get it repair, not Samsung please

Too wasted to throw it away when probably a few dollars of capacitors can do the job

Yes, I read online that it can be diy

I'm not good with this stuff, can anyone introduce to me where can I get it repair, not Samsung please

Too wasted to throw it away when probably a few dollars of capacitors can do the job

wait, call Mr Ho 62524555...tell him the brand and the problem,see if can repair ( i'm not in anyway affiliated to him)

wait, call Mr Ho 62524555...tell him the brand and the problem,see if can repair ( i'm not in anyway affiliated to him)

Hey bro thanks! Mr Ho just left my place and done a good job, very reasonable price as well [thumbsup]

as i've said before

i prefer LG over samsung due to too many unpleasant experience from their handphone to MIL tv to my current fridge (wife regret over it now since she the one choose it in order to get free gift)

my whole house tv, washing machine, vacuum cleaner, fridge and aircon is LG when i move in 10 years ago. Only the tv (5 years) and fridge (7 years) i need to replace. the rest still in working condition