Esso Smiles Points - Do They Expire?

Theoldjaffa

Esso Smiles Points - Do They Expire?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Esso Smiles Points - Do They Expire?

• Yes
    • No

hi all,

to those who pump Esso fuel, or have a Smiles card account but have not pumped Esso fuel for a period of time,

based on your own impression and knowledge, without going to the Esso website to check, do you know if your Smiles points can expire?

appreciate your response. thanks!

(note: i am not working for Esso and this is not a commissioned market survey of any sort)

↡ Advertisement

hi all,

to those who pump Esso fuel, or have a Smiles card account but have not pumped Esso fuel for a period of time,

based on your own impression and knowledge, without going to the Esso website to check, do you know if your Smiles points can expire?

appreciate your response. thanks!

(note: i am not working for Esso and this is not a commissioned market survey of any sort)

Confirm will expire if you never top up after certain period. But they also good. Will sms u to let u know your points expiring soon and to do spend money on them.

Ok. Topic close. Question answered. [wave]

• Praise 1

Thx guys. The reason I asked is because I just found out that my 7319 points were gone. All reset to zilch.

You need to make a fuel purchase at least once in 12 months to keep your points.

I don't know since when this rule came out because I've not pumped esso for some time and the points are still there when I made purchases at NTUC Express.

So do take note ok, smiles points do expire, contrary to popular belief.

I've submitted an appeal for my points Liao. Hope the reinstate back. 7319 points leh.. Knn how many petrol vouchers I can redeem with that man. :angry:

• Praise 1

Thx guys. The reason I asked is because I just found out that my 7319 points were gone. All reset to zilch.

You need to make a fuel purchase at least once in 12 months to keep your points.

I don't know since when this rule came out because I've not pumped esso for some time and the points are still there when I made purchases at NTUC Express.

So do take note ok, smiles points do expire, contrary to popular belief.

I've submitted an appeal for my points Liao. Hope the reinstate back. 7319 points leh.. Knn how many petrol vouchers I can redeem with that man. :angry:

wow! that is $280 + balance 269 points. :o

300 smiles point for $10 Instant Fuel Redemption

750 smiles point for $30 Instant Fuel Redemption

http://www.essosmiles.com.sg/aboutsmiles_r...ption_fuel.aspx

Edited by Jp66

Have a question here regarding redeeming the smiles Points for fuel. If I use 750pts, the $30 of fuel is after discount or there's no discount on the sales price?

Got 2500pts and am thinking of redeeming fuel when price is still low

The point is used to offset your gross purchase first, which means before discount.

So, sometimes cashiers do discourage. However, if other items are not attractive or of no use to you, then must well use it to offset petrol purchase.

Do check with cashier if points can be used to purchase those sunglasses. I used it twice to purchase fitover sunshades. [thumbsup]  

Edited by Kangadrool

Have a question here regarding redeeming the smiles Points for fuel. If I use 750pts, the $30 of fuel is after discount or there's no discount on the sales price?

Got 2500pts and am thinking of redeeming fuel when price is still low

The redemption is applied after the discount.

For example, pump $100, 17% Esso MasterCard discount: net $83.

If redeem 750 points for $30, net payment is $53.

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

how to use esso points?? Any examples? The esso counter always change staffs then they themselves also dk. they only say you need a few hundreds of points to rebate for petrol spendings. Also how to apply for the esso master card, under which bank? sry im real noob. last time always pump SPC cause the discount 17%. Highest of all given the credit cards that my family has. However, i tried esso and the FC for esso is much much better than SPC. thus wanna switch now.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

how to use esso points?? Any examples? The esso counter always change staffs then they themselves also dk. they only say you need a few hundreds of points to rebate for petrol spendings. Also how to apply for the esso master card, under which bank? sry im real noob. last time always pump SPC cause the discount 17%. Highest of all given the credit cards that my family has. However, i tried esso and the FC for esso is much much better than SPC. thus wanna switch now.

Just tell the cashier that you want to redeem $30 with 750 points and they will do the deduction.

Apply for the ESSO Mastercard with DBS.

Neutral Newbie

Just tell the cashier that you want to redeem $30 with 750 points and they will do the deduction.

Apply for the ESSO Mastercard with DBS.

thank you very much !!!!!!

• Praise 1

It does expire. When can use faster use lor. Not like got interest rate for keeping also...

Smiles Points will never expire as long as you use your Smiles Card at least once every 12 months to make a purchase.

• Praise 2

I believe the Smiles points expire if there's no activity within 2 yrs.

That's what happened to me before.

Yesterday pump Esso, cashier told me the Smiles card no need to use already, as the points go into my DBS Esso card.

↡ Advertisement