Taxi Driver Refuse To Help Passenger

2BDriver

The driver should not take up cabbie job with such mentality, however wrong of the passenger that I won't know, this is part of a cabbie service to be render towards passenger as value customer. :excl:

↡ Advertisement

this type of taxi driver really spoil our local taxi service standard. however, it is subjective because we don't know what actually happened before they start kpkb-ing.

How a small taxi loaded with such a bulky items ?

The taxi driver could have politely informed the passenger that he needs a bigger taxi and could have assist him in getting one. It will solve the problem... -_-

I think this is the story behind...

Cabby dumps paintings worth $6,200 on ground after passenger slams taxi door

AsiaOne | Monday, Apr 08, 2013

SINGAPORE - A Stomp contributor said this cabby dumped his luggage and two expensive paintings he had brought from Myanmar worth some $6,200 onto the ground at Changi Airport's Terminal 2.

The incident had occurred after he and the cabby had a disagreement about whether his two paintings would fit into the taxi.

Here is an eye-witness' account by the Stomp contributor:

"On the morning of Apr 6, at about 4.30am, I landed on a flight from Myanmar.

"I was carrying two expensive framed paintings, one checked-in trolley bag and my carry-on sling bag.

"At the Changi Airport T2 south taxi queue, about 30 minutes later, I waited for a station wagon taxi, thinking it would have no problems taking my two paintings and bags.

"But when I reached the taxi, he plain refused to take me on board, saying the frames don't fit.

"I assessed the size of his car and figured it would fit. The driver was just complaining throughout.

"As he was adamant on not even trying, I loaded the paintings into the back seat and my bag into the trunk myself, and shut the doors, ready to go.

"I got into the cab, but saw him throwing out my bags. When I got out he claimed that he wasn't going to take me, which is when I started filming the incident.

"You will see in the video that I loaded the bags a second time and he threw them out a second time.

"As he claimed that he had called the police, I waited about 10 minutes, no police came.

"I took another taxi, a smaller Comfort taxi whose driver was very friendly and had no trouble fitting everything in, and off we went.

"I had bought the two paintings from an Art Gallery in Yangon. One was for US$3,000 and the other was for US$2,000 a combined value of about $6,200.

"I had taken much smaller taxis in Yangon from the Art Gallery to my hotel and from my hotel to the airport, all without any trouble at all. So, it was my opinion that the Singapore taxi driver was simply unreasonable."

How a small taxi loaded with such a bulky items ?

The taxi driver could have politely informed the passenger that he needs a bigger taxi and could have assist him in getting one. It will solve the problem... -_-

why should he?? he dont get pay when he assist to find another one.

I think this is the story behind...

Cabby dumps paintings worth $6,200 on ground after passenger slams taxi door

AsiaOne | Monday, Apr 08, 2013

SINGAPORE - A Stomp contributor said this cabby dumped his luggage and two expensive paintings he had brought from Myanmar worth some $6,200 onto the ground at Changi Airport's Terminal 2.

The incident had occurred after he and the cabby had a disagreement about whether his two paintings would fit into the taxi.

Here is an eye-witness' account by the Stomp contributor:

"On the morning of Apr 6, at about 4.30am, I landed on a flight from Myanmar.

"I was carrying two expensive framed paintings, one checked-in trolley bag and my carry-on sling bag.

"At the Changi Airport T2 south taxi queue, about 30 minutes later, I waited for a station wagon taxi, thinking it would have no problems taking my two paintings and bags.

"But when I reached the taxi, he plain refused to take me on board, saying the frames don't fit.

"I assessed the size of his car and figured it would fit. The driver was just complaining throughout.

"As he was adamant on not even trying, I loaded the paintings into the back seat and my bag into the trunk myself, and shut the doors, ready to go.

"I got into the cab, but saw him throwing out my bags. When I got out he claimed that he wasn't going to take me, which is when I started filming the incident.

"You will see in the video that I loaded the bags a second time and he threw them out a second time.

"As he claimed that he had called the police, I waited about 10 minutes, no police came.

"I took another taxi, a smaller Comfort taxi whose driver was very friendly and had no trouble fitting everything in, and off we went.

"I had bought the two paintings from an Art Gallery in Yangon. One was for US$3,000 and the other was for US$2,000 a combined value of about $6,200.

"I had taken much smaller taxis in Yangon from the Art Gallery to my hotel and from my hotel to the airport, all without any trouble at all. So, it was my opinion that the Singapore taxi driver was simply unreasonable."

how big the painting?? will it block the rear view mirror or not??

how big the painting?? will it block the rear view mirror or not??

Rear view mirror is optional. I have driven small boxed 10-foot lorries which rendered the rear-view mirror useless.

As long as the paintings do not become flying projectiles when he brakes, it shouldn't be a big problem.

Giving benefit of doubt to taxi driver, we dun know what actually happen before the video was taken. It could be the customer was rude himself or say some ridiculous things.

The video also does not show taxi driver throwing out the stuff.

There is always 2 sides of the story.

Rear view mirror is optional. I have driven small boxed 10-foot lorries which rendered the rear-view mirror useless.

As long as the paintings do not become flying projectiles when he brakes, it shouldn't be a big problem.

Singapore being a nation of regulations, not sure what rules exist for transportation of bulky items that might block the rear view or side mirror.

Sometimes I wish Singapore can be more lax so that we dun worry here worry there.

Turbocharged

Giving benefit of doubt to taxi driver, we dun know what actually happen before the video was taken. It could be the customer was rude himself or say some ridiculous things.

The video also does not show taxi driver throwing out the stuff.

There is always 2 sides of the story.

Like dat whoever keep quiet will have benefit of doubt.

benefit of doubt to taxi driver?

taxi drivers like these shd be taken off the road...

knn the car also not belong to the taxi driver lor

Edited by Mockngbrd

Not the first time la, i noticed most taxi driver dont help in loading your luggage at the airport. Many times they just stand there and stare. Everytime when i took taxi from the airport when i came back from overseas, 3 out of 5 drivers dont help.

Not the first time la, i noticed most taxi driver dont help in loading your luggage at the airport. Many times they just stand there and stare. Everytime when i took taxi from the airport when i came back from overseas, 3 out of 5 drivers dont help.

Even if they don't load, they also shdn't throw ppl's luggage/items OUT of the taxi... this sort of attitude even worse den long ago HKG... Really cmi...

Edited by Mockngbrd

You carry only one hand-carry bag, how to help .... [laugh][laugh]

1. taxi should not have problem with the size of the paintings

2. why is the taxi driver so unhelpful esp at 4.30am, dun think there are many flights

3. maybe passengers will also tip the taxi drivers kao kao if his service is good

(doubt the passengers is stingy as is he is willing to fork out $6k for the 2 paintings)

4 PREMIER TAXI should sack this driver

(customer is not alway right but customer is important)

5 taxi driver attiude sucks, better he drive a bus

Edited by Yahgo22

you can doesnt mean ppl wont stomp especially on taxi.

1. taxi should not have problem with the size of the paintings

2. why is the taxi driver so unhelpful esp at 4.30am, dun think there are many flights

3. maybe passengers will also tip the taxi drivers kao kao if his service is good

(doubt the passengers is stingy as is he is willing to fork out $6k for the 2 paintings)

you wait long long. with singaporean type of mentality. if he willing to fork out the money for tips. he will had just get a limo taxi to drive him home

4 PREMIER TAXI should sack this driver

(customer is not alway right but customer is important)