PRC Accident Car Burning Vigorously

2BDriver

It's time to reminding keep fire extinguisher in our car for fire emergency, wonder what brand of this burning car ? Damn scary !

↡ Advertisement

It's time to reminding keep fire extinguisher in our car for fire emergency, wonder what brand of this burning car ? Damn scary !

0:23 Balls of fire :ph34r:

Turbocharged

i was told sometime back but can't remember.. if you open the bonnet, the extra gush of air going in will cause the fire to grow even bigger.

how can we deal with it then, if *touch wood* happens?

spraying from the grill won't help right? if the fire source is deeper inside?

i was told sometime back but can't remember.. if you open the bonnet, the extra gush of air going in will cause the fire to grow even bigger.

If you meant using fire extinguisher... well, reserve it for small fires and spraying on people if they catch fire. If fire is so big, just get the hell away from the car.

Hmm.. and before that, buy fire insurance?

Turbocharged

ya.. i meant small fire..big one is considered gone case already

similarly, if you see only smoke coming from the bonnet, it may mean the air is lacking.. the moment you pop the bonnet, air gush in and fire will ignite.. like backdraft.

can't remember what is there to do.. just rinse water while waiting for the fire trucks to arrive (and pray they arrive in a minute)?

I just bought 2 canister of car fire extiguisher from ntuc, the fine print for instruction to use: spray at the bottom of fire source, I guess is to cut off oxygen air to cause burning fire [confused]

Turbocharged

Wont catch fire easy la..unless u totally no service ur car..

what about wire short-circuited due to age?

ya.. i meant small fire..big one is considered gone case already

similarly, if you see only smoke coming from the bonnet, it may mean the air is lacking.. the moment you pop the bonnet, air gush in and fire will ignite.. like backdraft.

can't remember what is there to do.. just rinse water while waiting for the fire trucks to arrive (and pray they arrive in a minute)?

I think most will say don't open but I would maybe open a bit then spray. Probably needs 2 person though.

If open a bit and it does gets bigger also bo pian. You don't do anything it will also get bigger.

Wont catch fire easy la..unless u totally no service ur car..

difficult to say, seems that not to far back there were incidents of cars burning on the road after some accidents or something. ...anyway nowadays cars have lots of plastics, rubbers etc, once it catches fire it will spread very fast, i dont think there will be time to DIY fire fighting with those small fire extinguishers...also i guess once the engine kena fire, if you really can put out the fire in time, it will also be a total write off....so wiser to take cover .

Supercharged

think the fire fighters will try to open the bonnet, if not able to open they will smash the grill or headlight to spray water.... but of course all this done with a fire hose on standby...