Higher Layoffs Seen in 2012

HP_Lee

u do not know me n my situation, so do not judge me this way. i know many might think that my performance is a problem that leads to retrenchment but i was not alone when company decided to retrench. n there were other big MNC that had retrenchment exercise n also a few smaller companies too. there were 13 of us retrenched in my first coy n i heard there might b another retrenchment coming, some of my ex-colleagues had packed their things in the box, prepared for the day to come. 1 of the colleague who got retrenched, he was the earliest to reach office n latest to go home everyday, even coming back on weekends to work. he is not that kind that works too slow n therefore needs to work longer hours, he just prefers to come back to office to work instead of working from home.

my second coy had 8 of us retrenched including the driver n had the coy car sold. some expats were sent back to head office, some expats from other branches were also sent back to head office. the office had to cut into half n rent out the other half to save more money. my whole dept were closed down, not only me in the dept.

honestly, i really am not the kind that is work smart or stay very late everyday but i had never made a serious mistakes during my stay there

do u still think that it's my problem being retrenched?

It may not necessarily be related to performance but most certainly related to role. Certain roles are higher risk than others. For example, in an acquisition, back office operations and support functions are likely to downsize as you don't need 2 group of HR or 2 group of finance. Roles which don't create value are also at higher risk.

There was a period of time (during the early 2000) where I was retrenched frequently. It was a bad time for my industry and I happen to work for startups which are less financially strong to ride through the tough times.

↡ Advertisement

Not curse you lah! This kind of thing must share share mah! [laugh]

Then you will know what it means and make you value your job more.

I also Kenna retrenched during the Asian financial crisis and 6 months without job.

Lucky for me, my family was still able to provide for me then.

Thinking back, it may not be that bad after all. Have I remained in that company, I am sure I would not have been able to drive now. [drivingcar]

You are right! [thumbsup] when he lost his job, boy was he sad [:(]

post-25827-1367249594_thumb.jpg

But hey! He got a brand new job and is a sure a happy man! [laugh]

post-25827-1367249751_thumb.jpg

Supercharged

i got retrenched twice within a year, could not find a job for 2 months now. this has never happened to me before, i have never out of job before in my 13 years in working society.

then u got to analyse the industry that you are in. too volatile? sunset?

(edited)

These are some which I hate to see in some companies. Is very common.

1. Boss here and boss there...

2. Bootlicker

3. Biased / favoritism

Read for more....

Bosses Bad habits

It does initially happened at where I work. But have cleaned up much of these issues.

Edited by HP_Lee

(edited)

During good times, you can find many "good bosses". During bad times, ji kay ku ji kay.

This is inconsistent. -_- Mean over-employed

Edited by HP_Lee
↡ Advertisement