Instant noodle sales top 100 billion units a year

Jman888

[sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

how many package do you eat in a month?

Instant noodle sales top 100 billion units a year

AFP | Fri Apr 26 2013

"The results show that instant noodles have become a global standard dish," said Norio Sakurai, an official with the Osaka-based association.

Tokyo - Global sales of instant noodles have topped 100 billion units annually, an industry group said Friday - more than one monthly serving of the portable meal for every person on the planet.

Five decades after the easy-to-cook food's launch, sales climbed again last year with China, Indonesia and Japan rounding out the world's top-three consumers, according to the Japan-based World Instant Noodles Association.

"The results show that instant noodles have become a global standard dish," said Norio Sakurai, an official with the Osaka-based association.

"We think global sales will continue growing particularly in some developing nations."

Of the 101.4 billion units sold worldwide last year, China, including Hong Kong, accounted for 44.0 billion servings, followed by Indonesia with 14.1 billion units, Japan at 5.4 billion units and Vietnam close behind with 5.1 billion units.

Instant noodles, which come dried or pre-cooked and can be boiled quickly with accompanying flavour packets, were invented in Japan by Momofuku Ando, founder of major noodle maker Nissin Foods, in 1958.

↡ Advertisement

very cheap to feed/maintain though [:(] [:(]

Teenage Girl Has Been on a Noodle-Only Diet for 11 Years

By Spooky on April 10th, 2013 Category: Foods

georgi-readman.jpg

Georgi Readman, an 18-year-old teenager from the Island of Wight, England survives only on cheap instant noodles, because she is afraid to eat other foods. The young hairdressing student goes through about 30 miles of noodles every year.

Georgi Readman got hooked on instant noodles when she was just five years old, after watching her older brother eat them, but they became her only source of nutrition after suffering a case of severe food poisoning at age eight.

From that point on she couldn't bring herself to eat any fruits or vegetables, and only occasionally diversified her diet with small bits of potatoes and chicken. Whenever she goes out shopping, Georgi

I only long long eat one time.

once a while you just have craving for that [laugh] [laugh]

Is that the actual person in the pix? She looks healthy and chio to me.... -_-

very cheap to feed/maintain though [:(] [:(]

Teenage Girl Has Been on a Noodle-Only Diet for 11 Years

By Spooky on April 10th, 2013 Category: Foods

Georgi Readman, an 18-year-old teenager from the Island of Wight, England survives only on cheap instant noodles, because she is afraid to eat other foods. The young hairdressing student goes through about 30 miles of noodles every year.

Georgi Readman got hooked on instant noodles when she was just five years old, after watching her older brother eat them, but they became her only source of nutrition after suffering a case of severe food poisoning at age eight.

From that point on she couldn't bring herself to eat any fruits or vegetables, and only occasionally diversified her diet with small bits of potatoes and chicken. Whenever she goes out shopping, Georgi

Is that the actual person in the pix? She looks healthy and chio to me.... -_-

look normal from the outside, inside organ like 80 years old :huh:

they are selling 10cts to 20 cts per packet in indonesia, thats the cheapest food you can get.

we pay more than $2 per pack for those atas one from korea <_<

My favourite is still maggi's kari letup. Once in a blue moon, will eat 2 packets at a time.

my favourite is indofood's indomie. I will always add a hard boiled egg when I eat that. [laugh]

my favourite is indofood's indomie. I will always add a hard boiled egg when I eat that. [laugh]

Hmm... Never tried that before, will try it some time....

Back in poly time, me and my room-mate used to cook and share 5 packets of myojo mee-pok. When comes to sweep the floor, can collect a lot of hairs.... [laugh]

I only eat instant noodels quite frequently back in secondary days. After that very seldom eat instant noodles liao. [:p]

Turbocharged

Some people like sodomee :D

A conservative 10 cents profit for each pack means this is a 10 billion profit pa industry

also help the healthcare business by 100 times [:(]

you referring to the mee goreng?

↡ Advertisement