Single vs Double overhead cam

Panhard

Ya agree! Was. Looking at both specs sheet, noticed the difference on these areas.

How do you find the QC of Thai made cars?

looks wise, interior is simple. no fancy fancy stuff. just knobs and buttons for A/C (changed my HU).

Performance and engine, the reason why i bought the city even though built in thailand was cos i read somewhere that the engine is still MIJ, only the body MIT. So what I guessed at the time of buying was that reliability of engine should be good (which till now proves me right). 5 speed gearbox (compared to others of similar class, mostly using 4 speed 3 years ago), decent power and torque with good fc. was a value for money buy at that time.

you're not buying new right?

looks wise, interior is simple. no fancy fancy stuff. just knobs and buttons for A/C (changed my HU).

Performance and engine, the reason why i bought the city even though built in thailand was cos i read somewhere that the engine is still MIJ, only the body MIT. So what I guessed at the time of buying was that reliability of engine should be good (which till now proves me right). 5 speed gearbox (compared to others of similar class, mostly using 4 speed 3 years ago), decent power and torque with good fc. was a value for money buy at that time.

Engine could be made in Japan but is it assembled in Japan as well? It is important that we note this as well.

(edited)

After yesterday's news of a city being badly crushed by falling tree killing the passenger.

He is re-thinking! [:(]

Edited by Panhard

My buddy is considering buying new. Cos he cash rich. So current Coe price not an issue.

Also car weight.

Engine size is a factor right? If it's 1L light car, isn't it better with DOHC so it won't struggle at highway.

There r many factors to consider n how ty were configured n if all r compatable.

Thats what makes a car good.

Some cars wh lower hp or torque can outperform a more powerful car.

My buddy knows nuts about cars. So helping him decide on a better buy. Would like to hear from you guys. Which would you choose.Vios or city?

My buddy knows nuts about cars. So helping him decide on a better buy. Would like to hear from you guys. Which would you choose.Vios or city?

why not Nissan Sylphy? People often misunderstand about Nissan cars, thinking that it is a neither here nor there car (i.e. want performance cannot compare to Honda, want reliability cannot compare to Toyota).

But they are wrong. Nissan cars now are better designed now with focus on comfort. FC and reliability are also not bad as compared to the other Jap brands.

When i was younger i also looking at engine performance.....dohc...sohc etc.....

As one get older.......start looking at safer, comfy car. Engine become a given and less important.....hahaha

After yesterday's news of a city being badly crushed by falling tree killing the passenger.

He is re-thinking! [:(]

The size of that tree...only a tank can save you.

↡ Advertisement