Faulty ERP unit when passing by ERP Gantry

Jackfoo

dear all,

who to write to as this evening when i passing by ERP Gantry the ERP unit suddenly display "Err" , i think i going to get a ticket for not paying the fee.

thanks in advance

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

dear all,

who to write to as this evening when i passing by ERP Gantry the ERP unit suddenly display "Err" , i think i going to get a ticket for not paying the fee.

thanks in advance

They'll ask you to go to inspection centre only.

Just tell them at the time of passing the gantry your IU had a green light on.

Sometimes my cashcard is the root cause for "Err" display. I have to clean the surface of the chip to get it working as norm. If the IU is faulty it will not even work and display the amount of your cashcard.

No need to write to anyone. Most likely they will sent you a letter to inspect your IU at any of the inspection centre.

dear all,

thanks in advance

It's LTA dude..

• Praise 1

Few months back same thing happened to me. Few days later received letter stating I have to pay 9 or 11 dollars (cant recall) for something like cashcard not inserting properly (I think)

dear all,

thanks in advance

always ensure the unit reads the balance amount before driving.

• Praise 1

We can always hear about faulty Mrt or bus but never heard our Erp gantry having any technical glitches and fail to deduct.

We can always hear about faulty Mrt or bus but never heard our Erp gantry having any technical glitches and fail to deduct.

this [laugh]

and i do agree LTA is very hard to appeal fines compared to TP.

Edited by Mllcg

Neutral Newbie

I just wonder did anyone take a look on your IU to check the deducted amount at ERP because who know that you will find that the amount deducted is incorrect as nobody is monitoring this?

Error can be due to expired cash cards. I encountered a few times due to expired cards. I gather that the IU will know the date and time once the car passes through a gantry (can be even carpark gantry) and will show an error. If I remember correctly, the payment will still be deducted, it's just that the card cannot be used anymore and it will show error whenever inserted into IU.

It did happen before and a lot of motorists ended up entering ERP zone free. But since it was free and did not cause any inconvenience it is easily forgotten, or rather, not play out of proportion.

i ever went past a gantry w/o IU when i was riding bike years back in poly... quickly went back to the shop which i purchased the bike from and demanded them to install IU for me... received letter and went to check, juz tell them i got put cashcard but it nv detect dan they took my "cashcard" which i claimed tat i used it to past the gantry dan they told me no issue on IU and my cashcard so they juz waive off any charges... haha...

aiya, IU oso electronics mah... will not function 100% well one, but oh well at least it nv really breakdown cos it is for them to generate huge revenues!!! not like some transport company which claim tat they lost revenue and brokedown often...

Neutral Newbie

Just go to any IU centre to get it fix. They will give you a 'memo or something' to use as evidence

when you fine comes. Err msg might not be IU problem, cud be your card expired. Thats wht

happened to me but Iu centre still give me a 'memo' to waive fine.

Turbocharged

dear all,

thanks in advance

Its likely Cash Card problem..... change the Cash Card..... and to avoid the summon ( which I suggest just pay and move on), you need to go to Vehicle Inspection Centre, let them check... if they find its IU Unit faulty, you can use the report to write to LTA to waive.... not sure about faulty cash card, believe LTA can give chance..... but its a farking hassle lar..... take a day off, go Viacom, queue up, check this and that.... sakli end up nothing wrong.... more telok....

Me last time drive past the CTE gantry also kena.... it just go beeeeep... I know siao liao.... end up is cash card faulty... but the damn thing is, use on shopping centre ERP no problem, drive through ERP gantry got problem.... NBzzzz....

Edited by Nlatio

Supersonic

dear all,

thanks in advance

happened to me once quite a few years back. no saman. LTA letter said something like 'make sure cashcard magnetic strip is clean' or something liddat. or i can choose to bring for inspection. the choice was obvious......

↡ Advertisement