Suspect wheel bearing problem. Any workshop to recommend?

Fivegear

End 2015 is still a good 10 months at least. Should change. Imagine something turning at high speed but not smoothly. The issues will get worst. Can be dangerous as well if it give way and may cause u to loose control.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Thanks Bros. So look like change is safer. Anybody knows roughly what it will cost for VJ230 rear wheels?

Bearing is about $120.00/pc, made in Japan after market, labour is around $50.00 per side.

Today, WS told me that my rear wheel bearing up lorry Liao. Both sides.

What he did is jerk up car, he hold the spring and spin the wheel. Got vibration on the spring. And I can hear abit of sand or metal bits noise from the spinning wheel.

Is this the proper way to diagnose?

The symptom I having now is noise coming from the back when I drive. I always thought it's my tyres.....

Edited by Jusnel

Bearing is about $120.00/pc, made in Japan after market, labour is around $50.00 per side.

May I know if you have any reliable WS to recommend? Thanks.

Neutral Newbie

Whatever it is , just do not send to Wee Hoe Workshop.Current location. tel no 68580019. 19 kim chuan terrace. Do at your own risk. I Just bought my car from dealer and have some oil leak problems, trusted the dealer and send my car there. For two days for simple repair where my usual mechanic would have done it within hours . Also repair/problems was not fixed and create some additional problems after two days. Messed up the car interior . Very bad experience with them. Totally unprofessional mechanics and owner.

Careful ! so you don't experience this bad experience .

For fast efficient service , can try Chip soon at Tampines or Riverview Auto at AMK.

• Praise 1

Whatever it is , just do not send to Wee Hoe Workshop.Current location. tel no 68580019. 19 kim chuan terrace. Do at your own risk. I Just bought my car from dealer and have some oil leak problems, trusted the dealer and send my car there. For two days for simple repair where my usual mechanic would have done it within hours . Also repair/problems was not fixed and create some additional problems after two days. Messed up the car interior . Very bad experience with them. Totally unprofessional mechanics and owner.

Careful ! so you don't experience this bad experience .

For fast efficient service , can try Chip soon at Tampines or Riverview Auto at AMK.

Thanks for the info.

just bought wheel bearing for my kangoo from stockiest at $51/pc (inc gst).

going to a workshop at bt batok to change it, labour at $40/side.

but im changing only 1 side (rear) as its making terrible noise + whatever metal noise (very loud).

van scrapping in dec, so just change what is necessary.

Neutral Newbie

Need to urgently replace my front wheel bearing for Mazda 3 SP 2007.

Was quoted $53.50/pc from stockiest for NTN wheel bearing.

Can someone recommend a workshop in the area of Sin Ming / AMK?

Just got my front wheel bearing changed. If keen, can contact Michael at 90042443 for bearing, SKF. He can recommend a WS too. Good chap.

Btw, I found him from forum. Not related to him. Because his services are good, I want to give him some recommendations. Cheers

I suspect my bearing also spoiled, everytime in MSCP have this grinding sound, but when outside crusing on expressway dun have already. is it dangerous not to change? or hazardous? My mechanic didnt say its important

Neutral Newbie

I suspect my bearing also spoiled, everytime in MSCP have this grinding sound, but when outside crusing on expressway dun have already. is it dangerous not to change? or hazardous? My mechanic didnt say its important

Get the vehicle check to see if it is the wheel bearings that cause the sound. While it may not be a safety issue (not sure), there are instances that the bearing was jammed and caused damages to the wheel system like the drive shaft etc.

Get it check first.

i am driving Altis, nearly 7 yrs old, mileage 148k. Was told need to change the following during servicing by BM:

1) Change Engine mount, $1.1k

2) Both front lower arm brush, $1.2k

3) Rocker Cover gaskets & chain tesioner oil leak, $250

4) Front wheel bearing, $450

Is the price on the high side? Any outside workshops to recommend? I think front wheel bearing need to change ASAP. What about engine mount, front lower arm brush and rocker cover gasket?

i am driving Altis, nearly 7 yrs old, mileage 148k. Was told need to change the following during servicing by BM:

1) Change Engine mount, $1.1k

2) Both front lower arm brush, $1.2k

3) Rocker Cover gaskets & chain tesioner oil leak, $250

4) Front wheel bearing, $450

Is the price on the high side? Any outside workshops to recommend? I think front wheel bearing need to change ASAP. What about engine mount, front lower arm brush and rocker cover gasket?

Wow that's really high. BM knife very sharp lol.

I think if you go to stockists and get the parts and give to a workshop to do, it will be much much cheaper.

↡ Advertisement