Malaysia Audi A6 Hybrid is cheaper than normal A6.

Leafable

Is Singapore government missing something? Or just bladening obvious they are sucking the fuel company tits?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

No Tax for Hybrid vehicle in Msia for cars under certain CC. So A6 might fall into the no tax. In MY, govt pay for the fuel, so they encourage Hybrid. In SG, Govt spend so much for public transport, they won't bother about pte transport.

• Praise 2

(edited)

Still shouldn't they be thinking about encourage people to be clean in everyway? Well fuel duty always say it all.

Edited by Leafable
  • Praise 1

Still shouldn't they be thinking about encourage people to be clean in everyway? Well fuel duty always say it all.

Why should they since they earn from the tax thru sales of Petrol? I'm driving a hybrid and I pay the same road tax as normal cars, you think govt cares?

• Praise 1

Same as HK. Hybrid cars are cheaper than normal cars as gov wants people to go green. Singapore gov just want money. Simple Maths.

Yes, those CEVS rebate are all b-------t which take from left pocket and put it in right pocket, don't benefit much from getting green cars, which is why you still see not much Hybrid running around. Just go MY for a round, you will see Prius everywhere...

No Tax for Hybrid vehicle in Msia for cars under certain CC. So A6 might fall into the no tax. In MY, govt pay for the fuel, so they encourage Hybrid. In SG, Govt spend so much for public transport, they won't bother about pte transport.

In SG, their is so much tax in petrol that why the government hate hybrid.

• Praise 1

Why should they since they earn from the tax thru sales of Petrol? I'm driving a hybrid and I pay the same road tax as normal cars, you think govt cares?

you are lucky they did not ask for higher tax cos your car has 2 engine. one petrol, one battery!

i very much wanted to try a hybrid but the extra cost now just dont make sense to me.

• Praise 3

you are lucky they did not ask for higher tax cos your car has 2 engine. one petrol, one battery!

i very much wanted to try a hybrid but the extra cost now just dont make sense to me.

Yes I'm lucky, those drive big cc Hybrid have to pay more, u might wanna check out those estima hybrid, they pay more road tax for their car.

Supercharged

It is not fair to say like this as singapore gov going green too. You can see most of the hybrid cars got 15-20k cevs rebate

What rebate ??? Do the maths. It's from our parf value. So u save like 2-5k max.......over 10 years and prob buy the car at a much higher price too

• Praise 1

What rebate ??? Do the maths. It's from our parf value. So u save like 2-5k max.......over 10 years and prob buy the car at a much higher price too

Also take note the rebate passed on to us or not we don't know, it might just be more profit to the ADs...

Neutral Newbie

People have to gain something by purchasing costly hybrid vehicles. As people purchasing hybrid vehicles going green and this is the government policy to spread awareness among people through some profit and loss of buying hybrid and non hybrid vehicles.

• Praise 1

We should really protest the whole CEVS scheme. The govt must think we're idiots to allow the CEVS rebate to eat into ARF. But when it comes to CEVS penalty, it doesn't add-on to the ARF? [mad]

Imagine your green car is really worthless after 10 years! No country will take it as an export as your battery is expired by then. You'll have to pay someone to dispose of it, than get anything back.

So no thank you. I'm going to stick to buying a 2nd hand fuel-guzzling, high-carbon emitting road ripper thanks to the govt's encouragement. Don't blame me, mother earth! Blame the voters! [drivingcar]

We should really protest the whole CEVS scheme. The govt must think we're idiots to allow the CEVS rebate to eat into ARF. But when it comes to CEVS penalty, it doesn't add-on to the ARF? [mad]

Imagine your green car is really worthless after 10 years! No country will take it as an export as your battery is expired by then. You'll have to pay someone to dispose of it, than get anything back.

So no thank you. I'm going to stick to buying a 2nd hand fuel-guzzling, high-carbon emitting road ripper thanks to the govt's encouragement. Don't blame me, mother earth! Blame the voters! [drivingcar]

Govt always assumes the people are stupid when they implement their policy. They only think we enjoy the upfront rebate without further foresight down the line.

In a certain way they encourage this behaviour too. It really speaks a lot about their white tower mentality.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1