THINKWARE / INAVI Users, Come In

Picnic06-Biante15

Upcoming Thinkware Q800 Pro (replacing F800 pro).

Everything seems to look the same with the exception of front camera recording upgraded to 1440p (2K video) while rear maintained 1080p.

Based on the video, it will be launched @ Mar'19 and another video (not linked here), Korea and Singapore will be first to deploy.

New launch.... 2K resolution only?? How come ?? Should minimally be on par with competitor blackvue’s 4K resolution.
↡ Advertisement

New launch.... 2K resolution only?? How come ?? Should minimally be on par with competitor blackvue’s 4K resolution.

Not sure why, rather small incremental upgrade. Perhaps, they believe reliability more than features for their customers.

Anyway, from CES, they have demo a 4-channel prototype dashcam. Basically, beside front and rear cam installed in your cabin, there's an additional 2 camera installed outside of your cabin.

Based on the video, the shape was designed in such a way not to accumulate water during rainy weather. However, the angle that it's shooting looks limited to me.

Well, whether that 4-channel prototype going to be commercially available, only time will tell.

Neutral Newbie

Hi, just installed a thinkware F770 with firmware 1.08. The cam came with a thinkware 16gb micro sd card. Was reading about compatibility issue.

Can anyone advise which brand’s micro sd cards can work without issue?

I have a thinkware F50 camera by Borneo motor.

Can I know the installation cost to convert it to parking mode (with a battery pack)?

I also looking 128GB... not sure which to buy is safe.

Hi, just installed a thinkware F770 with firmware 1.08. The cam came with a thinkware 16gb micro sd card. Was reading about compatibility issue.

curious which 128GB to buy for this too.

Finally after driving this car for 1 year and 3 months I went to fix the dashcam yesterday morning - Thinkware Q800 Pro

J2pytY6.jpg

cCpPt7D.jpg

Installing the front camera

0EOgNF1.jpg

Covering up cable

3ghuhnk.jpg

Running cable for back camera

mPuzrZ3.jpg

puM8ZQH.jpg

Installing back camera

xLdL3vd.jpg

Running cable to power source

xbMFPI1.jpg

Connecting to power source

FwDyZh4.jpg

Finally, front camera

Vb1qOXl.jpg

View of front camera

b62elvO.jpg

Back camera

OJA4EmF.jpg

View of back camera

TaoGJxR.jpg

Edited by steveluv

i was told Q800 pro unlike Blackvue, dont have to install Power Magic Pro as it has its own voltage cut off functionality?

Where did you purchase and install? DMC seems ex as compare to other dealer like KCG?

• Praise 1

I use the F750 front and rear cams.  Had it 3 years.

Has all the features of the Q800pro but only 1080 full HD which is actually very good.

It also has a parking cut off and a low voltage cut off.

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, Extremme said:

i was told Q800 pro unlike Blackvue, dont have to install Power Magic Pro as it has its own voltage cut off functionality?

Where did you purchase and install? DMC seems ex as compare to other dealer like KCG?

I live in Bangkok I installed here, for 32G memory card costs 13,900 baht ($615) for 128G card costs 14,900 baht ($660).

5 hours ago, Extremme said:

Yeah Q800 Pro is on the high side. They recommend me X700 which has almost the same feature too. I might go with x700

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Extremme said:

Yeah Q800 Pro is on the high side. They recommend me X700 which has almost the same feature too. I might go with x700

May I ask you what us the cost in Singapore? Front and back cameras? (In Thailand customer can choose to have only front if they want). What is the memory card size?

11 minutes ago, steveluv said:

May I ask you what us the cost in Singapore? Front and back cameras? (In Thailand customer can choose to have only front if they want). What is the memory card size?

Think for Q800 pro , I was quoted 799 for front and rear plus installation . For sdcard I think it’s 32gb

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Extremme said:

Think for Q800 pro , I was quoted 799 for front and rear plus installation . For sdcard I think it’s 32gb

Oh that’s rather expensive I would have thought imported electronics will be more expensive in Thailand 

↡ Advertisement