Between Hyundai Elantra and Toyota Altis.....

Dechachng

(edited)

no incongruity, as downtown is where the money is. Elantra/Altis buyer park at home and take MRT to town office? hoho.

You're counting the SK registered cars? I took a walk in my office carpark, and the change is quite strinking, all the SJ series cars are mostly Jap brands. On the way home, most of the SK series cars i saw on he road are either BMW, Merc or VW [laugh]

I wonder , if 500+ registered for toyota and 120 plus for Hyundai and one can claim he sees the SK series of elantras yet fails to see japanese makes . Laugh? At what? Self denial? [shakehead]

http://www.lta.gov.sg/content/dam/ltaweb/c...egn_by_make.pdf

Edited by CH_CO
↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

I wonder , if 500+ registered for toyota and 120 plus for Hyundai and one can claim he sees the SK series of elantras yet fails to see japanese makes . Laugh? At what? Self denial? [shakehead]

http://www.lta.gov.sg/content/dam/ltaweb/c...egn_by_make.pdf

cool it, bro....I am not a car surveyor and i happen to be driving a Toyota now and waiting for a Toyota COE. Just feel that if the Japs don't wake up, the MIK will outsell them soon.[laugh]

(edited)

cool it, bro....I am not a car surveyor and i happen to be driving a Toyota now and waiting for a Toyota COE. Just feel that if the Japs don't wake up, the MIK will outsell them soon.[laugh]

Dude , i have heard that for the past 5 years since i bought FIT , i have yet to see that happening. I had goons telling me their make is the best in the world and they will take over the world with their priced FORTES and now i only see kia selling lesser than 100 up til now while altis is still shipping. That is still a far fetched dream , given the current scenarios , only the cash rich uncles would be able to afford rides. By the way , i don't go around telling others how many i see writing others off without checking the actual numbers. Most of the time , those buying MIK are borderline cases.

Given current conditions , the borderliners won't be able to buy them. Good , lesser crap from them telling the whole world their make is the best when their choices are limited that few models.

Edited by CH_CO

but now Altis is make in Thailand...while Hyundai in korea...

is the altis built now not as good compare to korea made?

cheers

altis is MIT for a long time mate!

Dude , i have heard that for the past 5 years since i bought FIT , i have yet to see that happening. I had goons telling me their make is the best in the world and they will take over the world with their priced FORTES and now i only see kia selling lesser than 100 up til now while altis is still shipping. That is still a far fetched dream , given the current scenarios , only the cash rich uncles would be able to afford rides. By the way , i don't go around telling others how many i see writing others off without checking the actual numbers. Most of the time , those buying MIK are borderline cases.

Given current conditions , the borderliners won't be able to buy them. Good , lesser crap from them telling the whole world their make is the best when their choices are limited that few models.

You did well by quoting car statistics

This topic compares two cars. what has income to do with it?

Supercharged

Dude , i have seen two corrollas driven til scalp , one ended up in batam as a cab and the other was sold to another which extended . Both were is good working condition even after 10 years and could easily drive for another 10 . Easily over 250kkm for both and if one claims it is reliable why the need to change?

Reliability is not the ONLY factor when buying a car. If it was, VW would not be the Top 5 selling brands here.

Supercharged

The statistics includes Toyota Lexus bro... unless MIK has their own luxury brand which is at the same league as Lexus, BMWs, MERCs, there is no way they can pass Toyota.

MIK buyers doesn't mean borderliners and has nothing to do with this thread too...

Each car brand has its value and supporters, no need to compare. In terms of design, MIK are really winning MIJ with distinctions. In terms of engine reliability, I would say it is still MIJ over MIK anytime.

But resale value, it really depends on market's perception which affects OMV just like Toa Payoh HDB, Orchard Condo is always higher COV value than Woodlands HDB, Bt Batok Condo.

So I say nothing to compare, go with your hearts... as long the vehicle served your purpose of buying it then it has achieved its value.

For me, as a family man, it's always safety, comfy, space for 4 and less breakdown. With that being said, both cars dun meet my objectives...

Supercharged

Reliability is not the ONLY factor when buying a car. If it was, VW would not be the Top 5 selling brands here.

Agree, other factors come in...

(edited)

but now Altis is make in Thailand...while Hyundai in korea...

is the altis built now not as good compare to korea made?

cheers

By observation alone, it is obvious that the "inferior" MIT Altis outnumbers the "superior" MIK Avante/Elantra combined on the road. Go figure.

Edited by Toothiewabbit

By observation alone, it is obvious that the "inferior" MIT Altis outnumbers the "superior" MIK Avante/Elantra combined on the road. Go figure.

quite true...the numbers confirm everything... :D

Supercharged

Actually, VW outnumbered BOTH hahaaa

Supercharged

quite true...the numbers confirm everything... :D

Nope numbers can't confirm cos it includes Toyota Lexus... Looking at the table, I would say Lexus may be the one selling better because Top sellers are all luxury brands

(edited)

Oh, for the past ten years ? Or only for the last 2 years? One year of success doesn't point to anything , one example , Kia forte (kia doing 50 now and i don't think they are selling that many fortes).

As whether if reliability is important? Just ask those which bought a faulty VW , will they buy another VW ? Highly unlikely. They only had an improvement in sales due to the improvement in their technologies , given the current problems , sales are unlikely to be sustainable.

Another factor , VW is again a borderline conti to begin with , in Germany , they are priced the same as toyotas .

As for reliability , you also fail to factor in maintenance cost , FC and resale price . If reliability isn't important why is toyota the top seller in the world again? Stop dreaming dude.

Edited by CH_CO

It used to be Altis. Then Avante over took ALtis to be the top seller for 1.6L. Altis is still around w/ little change. Avante is gone/ replaced with Elantra. Which is the top selling model (not brand) for CAT A now? Is it Altis, vios or Polo for C180?

(edited)

You did well by quoting car statistics

This topic compares two cars. what has income to do with it?

Obvious reasons why you guys only picking on altis when there are so many 1.6L cars around , if it isn't income or price , why isn't jetta , sirocco , audi A3 or even a bmw 1 series compared? All are below 1.6 litre cars what? Isn't it obvious?

Edited by CH_CO

(edited)

The statistics includes Toyota Lexus bro... unless MIK has their own luxury brand which is at the same league as Lexus, BMWs, MERCs, there is no way they can pass Toyota.

MIK buyers doesn't mean borderliners and has nothing to do with this thread too...

Each car brand has its value and supporters, no need to compare. In terms of design, MIK are really winning MIJ with distinctions. In terms of engine reliability, I would say it is still MIJ over MIK anytime.

But resale value, it really depends on market's perception which affects OMV just like Toa Payoh HDB, Orchard Condo is always higher COV value than Woodlands HDB, Bt Batok Condo.

So I say nothing to compare, go with your hearts... as long the vehicle served your purpose of buying it then it has achieved its value.

For me, as a family man, it's always safety, comfy, space for 4 and less breakdown. With that being said, both cars dun meet my objectives...

Well are u telling me Hyundai only ships elantras and nothing else? Again , i have already pointed out why people only compare this two makes in my previous post. Seriously , some people here especially the MIK supporters die die wanna claim they can afford , them show me lor , buy a bmw 7 series and still drive your MIK everyday and keep your 7 series at home.

By the way the equus is the luxury model for MIK , the importers don't even wanna bring them in. Think for yourself the reason.

Edited by CH_CO

Neutral Newbie

actually i'm considering between the 3 cars below and most likely going for the Peugeot. I've seen quite a lot of reviews on the Altis and I30 but can't find any one the 308. Can any bros who have driven the Peugeot 308 before give some feedback? How is the after sales service etc

1) Toyota Altis 1.6 - feels reliable, but still 4sp gearbox and no fancy in-car stuff

2) Hyundai i30 - honestly the drive feels the same as the altis but not sure how it will be 5 years down. Has sunroof and other fancy gadgets in-car

3) Peugeot 308 - zippy and fun car. a bit bumpy compared to the altis and i30 but not as sluggish. i read that the pedals are off-centre but i don't really feel it. biggest concern is whether this is reliable and whether the maintenance is hassle free or not.

Will appreaciate if people can give more feedback on the Peugeot 308 (or other peugeot)!

Thanks guys!

↡ Advertisement