Public transport business models

ShepherdPie

Hypersonic

indeed..public transport should be nationalized

if they want to enbloc my shares, they must pay me lots of marnie :wub::wub::wub:

↡ Advertisement

if they want to enbloc my shares, they must pay me lots of marnie :wub::wub::wub:

Enbloc your shares? Wait they declare bankrupt and wipe off shareholders marnie then Ah gong come out to nationalise SMRT. [wave]

Taiwan can do it without privatize..somemore about $0.80 fare, why cant we...

funny is ask them to learn about the peak hour free scheme..LOL..

we should learn from their system to maintain in such cost and improvise on the system and culture instead of telling them learn from us on free peak hour rides..lol

Taiwan dun hire ex-generals and colonels and other military guys who knows nothing about the public transport industries to run the show. These people are paid salaries closed to their Superscale salaries they used to earn in the military but know nothing and thus will need people who knows the industry to handhold them while they learn on the job.

In short, u need 2 person to so the job of one and between the 2 person, one is earning Superscale-ish salary. When your management is bloated, and very highly paid and unproductive, profitability will surely suffer.

Or they can refuse to raise fares and increase the maintenance regulatory requirements for 2-3 years, let the company report 2-3 years of losses then when share price drop to 20cents , offer your 25cents.

Hypersonic

Enbloc your shares? Wait they declare bankrupt and wipe off shareholders marnie then Ah gong come out to nationalise SMRT. [wave]

wont one lah [:p] the majority shareholder is very power [lipsrsealed]

surely they wont ownself shoot ownself one right? [:p]

Hypersonic

Or they can refuse to raise fares and increase the maintenance regulatory requirements for 2-3 years, let the company report 2-3 years of losses then when share price drop to 20cents , offer your 25cents.

i really dont think so lah :huh:

ah gong pte ltd is majority shareholder, surely wont sabo ownself one lah [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Supersonic
(edited)

wah simi taichi ar?

because of free ride for the morning and $0.50 discount? LOL ...

Edited by Wt_know

you seem to be in the industry know. any predictions as to how they will respond to the aging infrastructure ? or is it a downhill spiral now since the maintence has been neglected for profits in retail for so long.

No lah, I'm not in the industry.

The heavier trains were reported in Asiaone during the 2 massive breakdowns in Dec 2011. It was speculated that the heavier trains led to more vibrations which in turn dislodged the third rail. I'm just guessing that with increased frequency, more passengers (notice almost every trip is nearing crush load during peak hours) and heavier trains, something is bound to give way.

Turbocharged

Based on current model (where you realize you cannot make maintenance a footnote in the company's To Do List), it becomes a bottomless pit that needs constant pumping in of fresh fund.

So you say, share price lau sai or not?

i really dont think so lah :huh:

ah gong pte ltd is majority shareholder, surely wont sabo ownself one lah [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

But Ah Gong is the one paying for the En Bloc wor <_<

If not sustainable, they can make SMRT a division of the SAF !

Yah lor! There are no lack of lobos NSF to work as mechanics or even drivers for SMRT.

No need to pay salary some more maybe just a token sum to SAF at the end of the year.

Turbocharged

Need to bankrupt meh? Stop the free grants bec they are not sustainable.

Let the price drift lower to 50c and then offer 20% premium at 60c for the rest of the shares they don't already own.

Hypersonic

the bus business is losing quite a lot of $ for SMRT.

Bus losses widened to S$30.8 million in the last financial year, from S$11.6 million due to higher operating expenses, in particular, the increase in staff costs from salary increment of bus captains, higher headcount and restructuring of drivers

got lah, the other time, the big breakdown, the break glass one

got those siao train one from donno which website one got say about the heavier train

but mrt people did not buy the train, they just drive it around and collect marnie [grin]

it was lta who bought the train

so cannot blame mrt people [:p]

That case I only concern the good heart person who broke the train window got kana fine a not. When the mrt ventilator spoil but is at MRT goodwill that the good guy never kana fine. So lucky

Come on la the people these day so much heavier than the time the track was design for and the [scholar] [scholar] [scholar] cannot foresee such weight, age and damage = failure.

Taiwan dun hire ex-generals and colonels and other military guys who knows nothing about the public transport industries to run the show. These people are paid salaries closed to their Superscale salaries they used to earn in the military but know nothing and thus will need people who knows the industry to handhold them while they learn on the job.

In short, u need 2 person to so the job of one and between the 2 person, one is earning Superscale-ish salary. When your management is bloated, and very highly paid and unproductive, profitability will surely suffer.

I don't see a issue with ex military high rank be the CEO. first some of them have degree in these field ie mech eng and next they need not be hand on. They just need to use their leadership n screw the below staff to work harder and create a win win situation.

Lastly if they can be CDF they are really somebody not some Tom Dick Henry.

↡ Advertisement