Public transport business models

ShepherdPie

I don't see a issue with ex military high rank be the CEO. first some of them have degree in these field ie mech eng and next they need not be hand on. They just need to use their leadership n screw the below staff to work harder and create a win win situation.

Problem is always some ex military guy gets parachute into some juicy positions. Look at transport and manpower. To top it off, 8 more directors were appointed after a new CEO was appointed of which 4 are also ex military.

So in a time of chaos, instead of looking into more crucial matters, more sky divers were sent in??

And what does this reflect on the previous reign of management? One CEO doing 9 pax job??

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

I don't see a issue with ex military high rank be the CEO. first some of them have degree in these field ie mech eng and next they need not be hand on. They just need to use their leadership n screw the below staff to work harder and create a win win situation.

Lastly if they can be CDF they are really somebody not some Tom Dick Henry.

SAF Regular or small didi with no outside working exp spotted. [laugh]

Hey, every Singaporean man served NS and we have seen how many of these SAF sign truly have leadership qualities... LOL.

1) Academic qualifications matter when u just graduate. When u have worked in SAF for 10+ years, whatever you have learned would have been outdated. you seemed to take the gov's good academic = good leaders brainwash real seriously..

2) In the real world outside SAF, you need more than your academic qualification and be able to "screw"your staff below you to run an organization. In the outside world, you lead and make ppl work by managing them and earn their respect. A good leader NEVER EVER just screw his man to make them work. Unlike in SAF, if you do well in A Levels, get a scholarship pass out of OCS and u get a rank that allows u to lead by pulling rank.

CDF = somebody... Sure..... Talk to SIA, NOL and ask them how much success their Generals and BGs led them to...

Edited by Royho1979

talking about this..

i got an ex colleague retired army then do OM took over my half workload away

dont know how lead pple,tot still in army,kana suan by my cleaning supervisor..no pple even my tech respect him coz use mouth work..end up 1 month resign

another one lagi best,OM in other sch,kana complaint by friend and workers to MP around the sch premises,reason is bo tai bo ji scold old cleaners and chased many cleaners away lol,supply man power but keep reject say not up to standard to work and ld my frend... siao one lol

1st Gear

Different leh. SMRT is is listed company. They need to answer to their shareholders.

Also, if not say cannot sustain, then how to justify (a possible) fare increase soon.

Also, why on one hand fine them, on another give them money. What the point of the fine then?

To improve long-term viability, Mr Kuek said that

1st Gear

Taiwan can do it without privatize..somemore about $0.80 fare, why cant we...

funny is ask them to learn about the peak hour free scheme..LOL..

we should learn from their system to maintain in such cost and improvise on the system and culture instead of telling them learn from us on free peak hour rides..lol

Profit-driven through cuts on maintenance etc resulted in frequent breakdowns.

Now that they need to do major repairs and maintenance, they complain drop in profitability.

Well, they are just paying their dues, which IMO is long overdue.

SMRT, please save all that crap about "unsustainable" model.

They should nationalize public transport that has little chance of all out competition. Earned big money, shareholders take, got heavy capital expenditure, government digs out from pocket, even 3 years old also know the system is not sustainable. The privatization did not result in better services and cheaper fares, at least relative to the best we see around the world.

Supercharged

Again another failure at privatization... No competition No improvement, they were posting profits years after years after years and even got themselves listed.

Now says not sustainable? Then when WP suggested Nationalizing Public Transport before, it was shot down like there's no tomorrow? Are they really thinking for Singaporeans, are they really working towards our benefits?

Things are falling apart as time passed, the promise broken and brainy ideas are crap. Everything privatized to improve efficiency, so how successful it has been?

Well, I'm not the judge, leave to everyone to decide.

So many years of 100+ million annual profits all diam diam, sekali one quater of loss only it becomes "unsustainable". Very good.

U go chk who r e biggest shareholders.

U think ty going to accept falling profits. Ty only wan to see profits keep going up up n away.

And ty r e same pple who determine what is e profits.

Ty hv been playing this wayang kulit game fr so long already. Heads ty win n tails we lose.

If only my salary so easy to keep going up up n away.

This CEO gives other CEOs from Singapore a bad name.

Now the whole world will associate Singapore with incompetence. Instead of retooling, rejig, reorganise, motivate, cut the waste, layoff useless baggage, this guy just hollers that they don't have enough profits so must raise fares.

If its so easy to be a CEO I don't see why his pay is in the millions when an ah beng business owner can do a lot better?

Sorry I don't see meritocracy at work here. More like cr***y.

All e cronies must b taken care of. Otherwise in future nobody wil support them ty gone case liow.

Then p8p can only b found in our history books.

Bro dun pray pray hor he no MG but LG when retired:

(Source: http://www.mindef.gov.sg/imindef/mindef_we...t_Us/Ranks.html )

The sa liap qi one on the extreme right was his former rank.

Wow looks very impressive.

I wonder how many of our generals hv proven themselves in battle? (And we hv so many generals.)

Not battle in e boardroom but on e battlefield?

I heard other countries generals must hv proven themselves in battle b4 can promote to general rank.

Twincharged

So many years of 100+ million annual profits all diam diam, sekali one quater of loss only it becomes "unsustainable". Very good.

SMRT really kpkb to the max...

Twincharged

unsustainable at 80 million profit ? so to be sustainable is 1B profit ? please do the right thing and delink public service and private ownership...

greed of public private companies know no bounds

Twincharged

i think the mg general should just tell the pappies straight that the population now and population target for 2030 is unsustainable for their trains and tracks.

yeah, SG needs 9.9 million and no cars allowed except for ministers in order to generate a decent return for SMRT shareholders.

Twincharged

wont one lah [:p] the majority shareholder is very power [lipsrsealed]

surely they wont ownself shoot ownself one right? [:p]

why not.. anyway left to right only mah. shareholders' loss is ah gong's gain

OT abit.. HDB makes huge losses too leh

Twincharged

the bus business is losing quite a lot of $ for SMRT.

Bus losses widened to S$30.8 million in the last financial year, from S$11.6 million due to higher operating expenses, in particular, the increase in staff costs from salary increment of bus captains, higher headcount and restructuring of drivers

↡ Advertisement