Authorised Dealers no longer offering manual options??

Zxcvb

No la. You read wrongly. It's 21k deposit instead of the usual 11k.

The SE did tell me it cost $10k more and need to indent,  not need to pay 21k deposit leh.

Mkl22 and  Kangadrool  say i read wrongly, so i attached the conversation please enlighten me if i read wrongy.

to those kind bros out there, if can recommend me a Kah Motors SE hu would sell the 1.5RS CVT the same price as the 1.5RS MT ?

I will be thankful.

post-140014-0-37554100-1459351173.jpg

i understand how sucky it is to feel when looking for manual cars in Singapore. i too was looking for manual cars and ready stock was only Nissan Almera or Hyundai Accent. Most SE just laughed at me when i said i want Manual and said just buy Automatic...

in other countries, the manual cars are always cheaper than the automatic version. so I gave up looking around in Singapore and looked at what car models are outside of Singapore and fits my budget, large, diesel and manual, and imported the car i truly want. and it's much cheaper than paying the dealers in Singapore. 

Edited by Lab4games

Twincharged

u listen correctly anot? Think it's additional deposit 10K. They scared indent for you, car comes in, u run road.

No la. In Singapore, most cars cost more if getting the manual version. Many years ago when I was looking for new car already like that. But not 10k more la. Most was between 4-5k more for manual.

Thanks for bumping this thread.

Today, I finally realised AD stands for Authorised Dealers (not auto dealers).

Still dunno what PI or SE stands for.

No la. In Singapore, most cars cost more if getting the manual version. Many years ago when I was looking for new car already like that. But not 10k more la. Most was between 4-5k more for manual.

That's only true if you order from AD or PI. I got my manual car cheaper.

Parallel importer

Sales executive

Edited by Lab4games

PI stands for Parallel Importer

SE stands for Sales Executive i guess

Back to the topic, i always thought the manual cars would be cheaper but i guess times have changed since my dad's era ( i'm still a student studying but i read this forum a lot )

The SE did tell me it cost $10k more and need to indent,  not need to pay 21k deposit leh.

Mkl22 and  Kangadrool  say i read wrongly, so i attached the conversation please enlighten me if i read wrongy.

to those kind bros out there, if can recommend me a Kah Motors SE hu would sell the 1.5RS CVT the same price as the 1.5RS MT ?

I will be thankful.

Try to nego? I suppose they don't keep it in stock and the $10k is the cost to bring in one unit specially for you?

Anyway as already mentioned, last time people don't mind driving manual here (less traffic, less hassle), so manual is the norm and therefore cost cheaper than auto. Last time automatic is an atas option.

Nowadays automatic is the default because everybody don't want to drive manual, therefore manual is now the rare and premium option.

Try to nego? I suppose they don't keep it in stock and the $10k is the cost to bring in one unit specially for you?

Anyway as already mentioned, last time people don't mind driving manual here (less traffic, less hassle), so manual is the norm and therefore cost cheaper than auto. Last time automatic is an atas option.

Nowadays automatic is the default because everybody don't want to drive manual, therefore manual is now the rare and premium option.

Where got, my accent 6 speed mt isb$2k cheaper than its cvt cousin.

I came across an article on sgcarmart about the 2014 honda jazz offering 6 speed manual gear box.

So i contacted Kah Motors, got a shock of my life that for the 6 speed manual version i have to cough up another 10k more.

Last time when i bought my 1.6mt civic in 2010, manual was cheaper never thought that the manual is now a premium.

I always love manual cars like some Bro says the feeling of controlling the gears makes driving fun. No power juz down gear, got speed liao up gear.

Such fun is now a premium

Accent also offering 6 speed manual transmission at $2k cheaper than its cvt sibling.

I am not the exclusive person, so far they manage to sell only 2 units of the manual jazz. I dun tink i wanna nego cos like you said they are very reluctant, probably gt another car like the swift sports or WRX (if COE drops further).

Manual cars are quite troublesome during traffic jams. But come to think of it, if you can drive manual your driving skills are pretty sharp. Also when you you go oversea for car rental, you have more options. In countries like Indonesia or Europe, manual is the norm. Lastly manual GBs can take alot of punishment before they "ke" not like auto GBs.

• Praise 1

Did you call and ask in person or not?

I remember I was at Honda showroom and I asked the lady there. She confirmed that it's 10K additional deposit and not additional over the auto version.

I will be thankful.

I remember I was at Honda showroom and I asked the lady there. She confirmed that it's 10K additional deposit and not additional over the auto version.

Bro you can PM me the SE you spoke to?

Maybe that guy blur blur de

I don't remember the name of the SE sorry.

I just walked to the SE counter in the showroom and asked about the Jazz RS manual. The lady told me same price with the auto, but for manual need to pay 20K deposit and need to indent as well.

Since two other peeps here can confirm the additional 10K is for downpayment and not overall car price, suggest you call Kah showroom to check with the SE on duty.

If the SE that sent you whatsapp is wrong, suggest you change another SE la.

Bro you can PM me the SE you spoke to?

Maybe that guy blur blur de

I am not the exclusive person, so far they manage to sell only 2 units of the manual jazz. I dun tink i wanna nego cos like you said they are very reluctant, probably gt another car like the swift sports or WRX (if COE drops further).

Manual cars are quite troublesome during traffic jams. But come to think of it, if you can drive manual your driving skills are pretty sharp. Also when you you go oversea for car rental, you have more options. In countries like Indonesia or Europe, manual is the norm. Lastly manual GBs can take alot of punishment before they "ke" not like auto GBs.

if the clutch system of the manual is properly taken care of, I find during traffic jam, not much different, in fact down slope, I can just slowly roll along, save fuel some more

the only problem is not easy  to free your left hand to do some thing else ( unless u very experience )

but if u driving for example a kangoo van with bad clutch, the experience is indeed nightmare

• Praise 1

I agree, that it should be additional 10K deposit rather than the price list in logical sense.

They are already selling the manual version at same price as auto, which to me amount to "profiteering" as the manual is lower cost. Assuming if yours is the first manual unit to be brought in just for you, additional homologation charge more or less negated by lower OMV.

10K over the price of auto is outright daylight robbery or just to say "NO' in the nicest and nastiest way. 

• Praise 1

Twincharged

I will be thankful.

my bad. i checked with another Kah motor SE.

1. deposit 22k.

2. price is 100999. which is 10k more than CVT model of 90999.

3. 4-6mths indent time.

↡ Advertisement