Authorised Dealers no longer offering manual options??

Zxcvb

Turbocharged

The new Suzuki Swift Sport have manual option

https://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_overview.php?CarCode=12320

Currently, only the Suzuki Swift Sport and Perodua Bezza are avail in manual.

Stuttgart used to have the Porsche 911 GT2 avail in manual on a special indent basis.

The distributors I spoke to said there is no market for manual cars. People are taking class 3A instead of class 3 license. 

With a manual gear, incidents of runaway cars would be reduced.

If you depress the accelerator accidentally in a manual, the car would jerk and stall. It  won't bulldoze its way through. The clutch in a manual is a life saver.

https://stomp.straitstimes.com/singapore-seen/bmw-crashes-into-pillar-at-tiong-bahru-plaza

https://www.jukinmedia.com/licensing/view/12422

• Praise 2

Currently, only the Suzuki Swift Sport and Perodua Bezza are avail in manual.

Stuttgart used to have the Porsche 911 GT2 avail in manual on a special indent basis.

The distributors I spoke to said there is no market for manual cars. People are taking class 3A instead of class 3 license. 

With a manual gear, incidents of runaway cars would be reduced.

If you depress the accelerator accidentally in a manual, the car would jerk and stall. It  won't bulldoze its way through. The clutch in a manual is a life saver.

https://stomp.straitstimes.com/singapore-seen/bmw-crashes-into-pillar-at-tiong-bahru-plaza

https://www.jukinmedia.com/licensing/view/12422

I agree that many people are taking Class 3A instead of Class 3. Even lorries and buses now also come in automatic transmission. However, they should still cater some stock for people who love to drive manual.

At least I will be one of them in the queue. I consider myself a driver only when i am driving a car with 3 pedals. 2 pedals just feel like......... Daytona.

That merc (A-class/CLA/CLS?) in your profile pic, got 3 pedals option?  [drivingcar]

jkjk [:p]

I agree that many people are taking Class 3A instead of Class 3. Even lorries and buses now also come in automatic transmission. However, they should still cater some stock for people who love to drive manual.

At least I will be one of them in the queue. I consider myself a driver only when i am driving a car with 3 pedals. 2 pedals just feel like......... Daytona.

(edited)

There are still class 3 (manual) learners. How do I know? When I see the learner's car jerk and stall ("engine die" or "die car" for those who are Hokkien educated) when the lights turn green. I'm like why these ppl still waste time on a manual and waste other ppl's time (they are stuck behind this stalled learner's car). So many potential van/lorry drivers meh?

Move on with the times and dont obstruct the roads.

Edited by Watwheels

Twincharged

There are still class 3 (manual) learners. How do I know? When I see the learner's car jerk and stall ("engine die" or "die car" for those who are Hokkien educated) when the lights turn green. I'm like why these ppl still waste time on a manual and waste other ppl's time (they are stuck behind this stalled learner's car). So many potential van/lorry drivers meh?

Move on with the times and dont obstruct the roads.

can rent cheap cars when holidaying in europe lor.

anyway real men drive manuals!

i'll make my kids learn manual if there are still cars for them to learn in.

can rent cheap cars when holidaying in europe lor.

anyway real men drive manuals!

i'll make my kids learn manual if there are still cars for them to learn in.

LOL....., self driving cars coming soon...... most likely the kids never need to learn driving anymore.

Turbocharged

That merc (A-class/CLA/CLS?) in your profile pic, got 3 pedals option?  [drivingcar]

jkjk [:p]

UK Mercedes have manual transmission for their lower tier models. So why can't Singapore C&C want to bring in??? Plentiful of stick shift Mercedes/BMW/Audi running around England.

post-4330-0-17129800-1557145060_thumb.jpg

post-4330-0-21090300-1557144976_thumb.jpg

UK Mercedes have manual transmission for their lower tier models. So why can't Singapore C&C want to bring in??? Plentiful of stick shift Mercedes/BMW/Audi running around England.

attachicon.gifaclass_pricelist.JPG

attachicon.gifA180_manual.JPG

No demand.

99% of Strawberries gen carries a half f*** 3A licence.

Sell to who?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2