43% of used cars qualifying for full loans sold at halfway m

Duckduck

Moral of the story, just make alot of noise and kpkb and you might get what you want. No harm for the used car dealers to try asking the gov for more concession........ Talk is free. You ask, you may get it. You keep quiet, 100% you get nothing.

↡ Advertisement

Hmmm

1. I doubt the Govt will introduce new loan policies for used or new cars after the 60day period. Does not make sense and is poor policy making.

2. Many people would have acted on the 60day grace period and made a purchase with the Govt clearly making the policy post the 60day period clear (higher deposit and shorter loan period)

3. If they suddenly announce a different policy, I am sure there will be hundreds of buyers who will be unhappy as they could have delayed their purchase.

4. This reflects badly on the thought process of the policy makers and in future policy announcements will be greeted with uncertainty ( ie will they or wont they change it).

5. They govt will have to stick to the policy for at least a year

6. Car dealers of course will hope otherwise. They have eaten their breakfast, lunch and dinner for the next 2 years already. So they will complain when there is no food tomorrow.

7. Also the tweaking was done to bring the CPI down. A high inflation "number" is not good.

Are you from the MAS?

Out of the blue, the MAS came out with restricted loans. I dun see why they won't change their policies like flipping prata every now and then.

Psss... It's Amoeba. [:p]

ooooh...now into english, ...stick to cunnilingus...not cunninlinguist [laugh] [laugh]

Supersonic

Moral of the story, just make alot of noise and kpkb and you might get what you want. No harm for the used car dealers to try asking the gov for more concession........ Talk is free. You ask, you may get it. You keep quiet, 100% you get nothing.

Seems like the gov is 'helping' the used car dealers?! [rolleyes]

Grow up lar.....ppl open shop to make money not to do charity.

Always say ppl making tons of $$$. Carrot you lar carrot him. Cut throat prices, rocket high prices etc.....

Buisness so easy to do why are you still holiding to your job?

Just do it as what Nike mention.

Open shop lor.....can be workshop,tyre shop,accessories shop or even a used car dealer.

Since sound so pro and know so much things about automobile. Give it a try as you only live once.

What????? No money ar???? Then [lipsrsealed][lipsrsealed][lipsrsealed] and suck tumb lor.

What to do........try harder next life(if there is).

(edited)

Grow up lar.....ppl open shop to make money not to do charity.

Always say ppl making tons of $$$. Carrot you lar carrot him. Cut throat prices, rocket high prices etc.....

Buisness so easy to do why are you still holiding to your job?

Just do it as what Nike mention.

Open shop lor.....can be workshop,tyre shop,accessories shop or even a used car dealer.

Since sound so pro and know so much things about automobile. Give it a try as you only live once.

What????? No money ar???? Then [lipsrsealed][lipsrsealed][lipsrsealed] and suck tumb lor.

What to do........try harder next life(if there is).

do you know the meaning of honesty and business ethics?

from reading your posts, i bet you dont

Edited by Generator

Hypersonic

A dishonest one too...haha. That's why when people say the truth abt him, he get angry. :D

(edited)

Frankly, if I were to be a used car dealer, and when taking in a used car with COE of below $15k VS the current levels of COE prices, I'd want to go as far to make the used car seller to my company as happy as possible by taking in the car price at paper+body (min value) + $10k upwards (depending on the condition and mileage of the car), and then I advertise the sale for at least another $10k more for what I took in. Well, the new car prices are sky high anyways, and even with a $10k profit to the seller whom I took in the car for, and subsequently $10k to me when I sell the car, everybody is happy. The seller of the car to me stands to profit, I stand to profit, the buyer of the used car profits as he don't have to pay such a high price compared to buying brand new (The brand new car would be in excess of $100k anyways).

But the situation has now changed. Dealers who took in at $10k profit previously, are now facing a dilemma thanks to the new financing restrictions. Suddenly, not many people are willing to cough out so much for a less than 4yrs old used car. You realised that the fast selling models are cars with about 2yrs left on their COE.

In fact, dealers may be forced to even eat into their profits from previous sales; Meaning to say, they took in the car say at $50k (paper+body of car value was $40k, giving the ex-owner a $10k profit), thinking that they could sell it on for $60k. But now with the new rules, the dealers may only be able to sell at $45k (eating $5k into their previous profit), before anyone would be willing to be interested in the cars they're selling.

At the end of the day, there's a willing seller and a willing buyer. So really, no complains.

Edited by Proton_neutron

Red eyes lar.......

Stay in forum and talk c--k better can pass time. It free!!!

This thing scare ppl earn that thing scare ppl earn. Like that die liao lor.....

All parts buy from stocklist and want $10 labour. Marlboro also $12 liao.

Take public transport only pay $1 want top notch service.

Everyday only TCSS KPKB over forum lor.

Alot of thing dont need to think too much de........very stress.Will age very fast.

There are more things to worry than prices of some product.

1st Gear

ooooh...now into english, ...stick to cunnilingus...not cunninlinguist [laugh] [laugh]

i slap u ah.. <_<

Neutral Newbie

Mate

1. Nope not from the MAS.

2. Just wanting to see COE's drop to a sane level so I can pick up one. Yes I have vested interest.

3. They can't flip policies like prata. That makes Singapore Govt what it is. Reputation.

4. This video link is a perfect parady of the Buyer, Seller and Gov.

5. Hope you like it :

(edited)

Mate

1. Nope not from the MAS.

2. Just wanting to see COE's drop to a sane level so I can pick up one. Yes I have vested interest.

3. They can't flip policies like prata. That makes Singapore Govt what it is. Reputation.

4. This video link is a perfect parady of the Buyer, Seller and Gov.

5. Hope you like it :

Please explain then, why suddenly our government wanna introduce financing restrictions for cars? The banks were super unhappy. Then they suddenly intervene with and regulate in-house financing companies.

In any case, the government already declared that these measures are just temporary. So they will next suka suka come out new policies.

Don't you worry.

Edited by Proton_neutron

Red eyes lar.......

Stay in forum and talk c--k better can pass time. It free!!!

This thing scare ppl earn that thing scare ppl earn. Like that die liao lor.....

All parts buy from stocklist and want $10 labour. Marlboro also $12 liao.

Take public transport only pay $1 want top notch service.

Everyday only TCSS KPKB over forum lor.

Alot of thing dont need to think too much de........very stress.Will age very fast.

There are more things to worry than prices of some product.

i dont think you are a very successful person in your career

pardon me if i am wrong.

i like to TCSS KPKB but i bet i earn more than you

↡ Advertisement