New Swift Sport ZC32S

Pandaeyes

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Hi guys

Anyone driving the above mentioned for the 6MT version? Any real experience comments? Reliable? No teething issues? Don't see many on the road. Wonder why. COE?

Thanks.

Edited by Pandaeyes
↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

Japanese cars,if stock,should be problem-free....this car not cheap,that's why so little on the road,yes,it is a good car.

Japanese cars,if stock,should be problem-free....this car not cheap,that's why so little on the road,yes,it is a good car.

I Remb I seen the ad two week ago going from 79k onwards brand new

Neutral Newbie

I test drove the ZC31 before but felt the suspension rather jumpy. But super revvy without mods.

used to drive the old ZC21, 1.5AT

quite a nice car to drive but the only thing is that you'll feel like you're sitting on a marshmallow when you go over humps [laugh]

so usually I try to slow down as much as possible but always get tailgated cause I have to slow down so much.

but its a fun car to drive :D

Clutched

Expensive? It seems cheaper than a Jazz. Around the price of a Vios.

(edited)

Hard to justify Swift sport in my view these days when run of the mill Polo or golf with their turbo, are faster.

In 2006 or so, it was one of the faster car of its size, & it make sense to buy it then, no to mention cars were cheaper also then.

But that bar have since raised.

Edited by Kiadaw

Neutral Newbie

I thought Polo are more expensive? And don't think the "normal" Polo are faster than SSS?

And its now not so easy to find a manual hatch these days. Yes, I am one of the few who still prefer manual over auto/DSG/selespeed etc anytime ^_^

(edited)

I've been driving a ZC32S 6-speed manual since Nov '12.

Great gearbox - Magnetic-like shift action and close ratios. Engine is abit limp <3000RPM, but take it above 4500 and you'll find lots of high-end torque all the up till 7200 redline. Sounds pretty good too, unlike many small NA engines that sounds strained when pushed beyond 5000RPM.

I think what's keeping it rare is its relatively high price, no thanks to COE. I could go weeks without seeing another ZC32S, but it's nice to be exclusive. :D

Edited by Disco

I thought Polo are more expensive? And don't think the "normal" Polo are faster than SSS?

And its now not so easy to find a manual hatch these days. Yes, I am one of the few who still prefer manual over auto/DSG/selespeed etc anytime ^_^

Ok, maybe I was wrong.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

I've been driving a ZC32S 6-speed manual since Nov '12.

Great gearbox - Magnetic-like shift action and close ratios. Engine is abit limp <3000RPM, but take it above 4500 and you'll find lots of high-end torque all the up till 7200 redline. Sounds pretty good too, unlike many small NA engines that sounds strained when pushed beyond 5000RPM.

I think what's keeping it rare is its relatively high price, no thanks to COE. I could go weeks without seeing another ZC32S, but it's nice to be exclusive. :D

So far any mechanical problems if rev hard?

Mods seem lacking here for this model too right?

If I do eventually get a zc32 we shd meet up. Even the swift forum is quiet on the zc32.

Edited by Pandaeyes

Neutral Newbie

I agree. I am attracted to the manual option. Other than FT86 there aren't any other jap manual ride.

I'm in the process of deciding still. I won't go for any Conti. Has my fair share of Conti problems before.

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys, I'm just curious when you talk about the model like ZC32S. I can't find this info on Suzuki SG website nor is it indicated on sgcarmart. Out of curiosity, if the 2012 Swift Sport 1.6 is ZC32S, then what is the model of the 2011 Swift 1.4A GLX?

(edited)

Hi guys, I'm just curious when you talk about the model like ZC32S. I can't find this info on Suzuki SG website nor is it indicated on sgcarmart. Out of curiosity, if the 2012 Swift Sport 1.6 is ZC32S, then what is the model of the 2011 Swift 1.4A GLX?

Haha. Yes, all this JDM-speak can be confusing.

The current 1.4 Swift is ZC82S.

Basically these codes serve as the prefix of the car's chassis number.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki_Swift

Edited by Disco

So far any mechanical problems if rev hard?

Mods seem lacking here for this model too right?

If I do eventually get a zc32 we shd meet up. Even the swift forum is quiet on the zc32.

So far so good for me, my mileage is about 12000km now. No complains from owners on swiftclubsg too. Given that the M16A engine is actually an improved version of the one in the ZC31, I'd think it's "tried & tested."

Availability of mods are reasonable, eventhough I'm still completely stock. Project S has quite a thoroughly legally modded ZC32, check their Facebook.

Overall, I've not once regretted buying this car at all.

I agree. I am attracted to the manual option. Other than FT86 there aren't any other jap manual ride.

I'm in the process of deciding still. I won't go for any Conti. Has my fair share of Conti problems before.

Likewise, the 86 would be the only car I'd consider if I was in the market for something bigger than 1.6.

Manual, NA, JDM. [drivingcar]

↡ Advertisement