Suspension Arm Bushing

Siewss

My front suspension arm bushings are worn and I've been advised by the AD to change the who suspension arm assembly which cost a total of $800+.

I believe I should be able to change out the bushings instead but I'm not sure if there are workshops who can do this. Any advice?

↡ Advertisement

Hi, I'm just got my 5 yr-old axio and during 70km servicing, the workshop i went to also told me the whole front lower control arm must change due to worn out bushing, but because they cannot get the bushing, the only choice is to change the whole arm. Costs about $550 (include labor). However, I KIV the parts change because I don't feel any problems when turning or tyres loose issues. So I went to get a second opinion and found out my bushing still looks good. You should get a second opinion from another workshop or from a mechanic friend..

my E class merc engine mount changed by my mechanic only charged me $80/ labour,

mounting bought fm stockist less than 200/ U tell me B/B car cost higher ? dun be a carrot bro !

Neutral Newbie

If you are looking for something affordable, You may try out used car parts services in your vicinity. I have been doing the same for my cars and get a lot of savings by doing the same. There is this portal from where I frequently shop for used stuff online automotix.net/usedautoparts.html I always get the original OE parts with a year's warranty delivered at no extra cost. Check them out, they will be quite useful.

My front suspension arm bushings are worn and I've been advised by the AD to change the who suspension arm assembly which cost a total of $800+.

I believe I should be able to change out the bushings instead but I'm not sure if there are workshops who can do this. Any advice?

what car you driving?

I'm driving Trajet buy the bush from Spore stockist it cost only $20-30 per bush.

Bring to JB WS they charges RM25 per bush, machine press menthod.

cheers

i also ask a AD and outside workshop on the pricing for suspension arm bushing and seems like both of them also advise to replace the whole control arm... no longer sell the bushing as a standalone.

i also ask a AD and outside workshop on the pricing for suspension arm bushing and seems like both of them also advise to replace the whole control arm... no longer sell the bushing as a standalone.

ask the stockist. not the workshop. To them, of course change whole arm easier, less work to do

should be share same parts as normal MZ6 right?

Hi, I'm just got my 5 yr-old axio and during 70km servicing, the workshop i went to also told me the whole front lower control arm must change due to worn out bushing, but because they cannot get the bushing, the only choice is to change the whole arm. Costs about $550 (include labor). However, I KIV the parts change because I don't feel any problems when turning or tyres loose issues. So I went to get a second opinion and found out my bushing still looks good. You should get a second opinion from another workshop or from a mechanic friend..

Mine's really worn. I can hear metal surfaces grinding together everytime I take a sharp right hook. I was informed by the AD service advisor 2 services ago but decided to put off the suspension arm replacement till I find a more cost efficient solution.

find another trustworthy workshop to diagnose the problem.

I'll probably do that. I've been pushing it off because of other priorities. It's equally important that I don't end up replacing many more item than I bargain for from a simple diagnosis.

If I'm not wrong a lot of car suspension arms have the rubber moulded to the metal. In other words you have to replace the entire arm upper or lower.

Car makers want to make money out from parts. They will make it such that you cannot buy aftermarket bushing and replace them. Aftermarket company make money, car maker loose money. Hence they pour molten rubber into the bushing area to make it not replaceable.

If you are looking for something affordable, You may try out used car parts services in your vicinity. I have been doing the same for my cars and get a lot of savings by doing the same. There is this portal from where I frequently shop for used stuff online automotix.net/usedautoparts.html I always get the original OE parts with a year's warranty delivered at no extra cost. Check them out, they will be quite useful.

I'm afraid my car's rather rare, so searching for used parts will pose a real challenge. However, I appreciate your sharing, and will try searching at the sites you recommended.

Yes, it's quite rare.

Today, replacing the bushing is akin to repair, but most workshop prefer to replace. Easier, faster and definitely higher margin.

should be share same parts as normal MZ6 right?

Actually I'm not sure, but mine's all wheel drive and I suspect the suspension arm's set up and geometry are different, and I think the setting's not very pliant.

Don't be a carrot.. you can youtube and understand where and how a control arm bushing works and can be easily replaced... 

For conti cars all 4 bushing replaced only cost ard 300 SGD... including labour...

I alway trust servotronic (mr Philip) to get these maintenance part done properly...

↡ Advertisement