Used car price went up? How? How? How?

TJX

Turbocharged

Was looking at aGS300 last month at advertised price of $115k. Was thinking of waiting aft the 60 days full loan grace period before I check it out as I think price should come down. Juz went in to check and found dealer up the price to $125k!!!! What is happening???!?! R they trying to chop carrot on last min shoppers??

↡ Advertisement

Was looking at aGS300 last month at advertised price of $115k. Was thinking of waiting aft the 60 days full loan grace period before I check it out as I think price should come down. Juz went in to check and found dealer up the price to $125k!!!! What is happening???!?! R they trying to chop carrot on last min shoppers??

Heard from my friend...the 2nd hand car dealer now is doing new tricks...donno if it is good to talk about it here.....

Simple, up the price so that YOU will kancheong spider, so go there nego and he sell it at $115k to you.

Agree. When price down, ppl will wait for it to get lower. When price up, ppl will get kancheong and start chasing.

Supersonic
(edited)

kancheong spiders are ought to be chopped ... used car dealer has no mercy .... chop chop chop ar

sell the car to you liao ... next month ... close shop [laugh]

Edited by Wt_know

(edited)

Now is a waiting game for cash rich buyers.. Since left only abt a mth or so for the 60days grace, of course they wanna chop the full loan buyers while they can ma.. Game starts aft the grace period.. Which dealer wanna hold on to a 3L car for a long time? They are losing $ on road tax, interest n a lot to park the car :)

Unless u have a car to trade in.. Buy high, trade in high.. buy low, trades in low.. its a cycle thing.. Don't think most dealers are keen to take in trade in.. Most of them clearing stock I guess.. Don't think trade in price will be gd now.. Btw if anyone were to make a purchase now, discover gotten a lemon... N dealer already close shop.. Left wit LLST Liao..

Waiting perhaps is the betta option I suppose :)

Edited by Leijasper

Now is a waiting game for cash rich buyers.. Since left only abt a mth or so for the 60days grace, of course they wanna chop the full loan buyers while they can ma.. Game starts aft the grace period.. Which dealer wanna hold on to a 3L car for a long time? They are losing $ on road tax, interest n a lot to park the car :)

Unless u have a car to trade in.. Buy high, trade in high.. buy low, trades in low.. its a cycle thing.. Don't think most dealers are keen to take in trade in.. Most of them clearing stock I guess.. Don't think trade in price will be gd now.. Btw if anyone were to make a purchase now, discover gotten a lemon... N dealer already close shop.. Left wit LLST Liao..

Waiting perhaps is the betta option I suppose :)

I don't think dealers will give you a good trade-in price now. Most likely paper plus body nia. So, you will still lose if you buy now even with a car to trade in.

Yeap, used car dealers now only willing to take in paper value + body value. They don't dare take in at a profit to buyer liao. It's just too risky.

I believe the used car prices will drop after the 60days exemption for stocks bought by the dealer before XX Feb is over. Just wait.

used car dealers got :

1. kancheong dealers

2. not-kancheong dealers.

used car buyers got :

1. kancheong buyers

2. not-kancheong buyers

believe most dealers still selling on high side sniffing and targeting more the kancheong buyers....their higher prices indicates clearly that they have no interest in buyers who have some money on hand looking for good bargains.....for them at this moment, they are lagi happy if you are financially harddup as then they can earn more from the car price and loan.

you know your personal finance best so you decide which used car buyer you are and which used car dealer you want to buy from...simple as that lor. [;)]

yah looking for a 2nd car for mum, noticed that the prices are not going down.....guess will waiting still the grace period is over.

anyway dun think it will cost that much to get a 2nd hand car for a few years usage.

kancheong spiders are ought to be chopped ... used car dealer has no mercy .... chop chop chop ar

sell the car to you liao ... next month ... close shop [laugh]

Like what you say very nice liao lor

worse scenario, sell car to this bro

next day close shop

hahahahahaaa

jk jk

Agree. When price down, ppl will wait for it to get lower. When price up, ppl will get kancheong and start chasing.

Yeh, whenever I enquire about a car, the next day, the price will go up. Seems like most dealers using this technique.

Neutral Newbie

maybe got people trying for loan la...

asking for bank loan eg.. 110%

bank loan only 85%.

so maybe 85% is 110k.

Ya. So the solution is not to bother. Just wait it out. Frankly, many smaller car dealers are gonna to wind.

Although I really do hope that the used car dealers in AML and The Grandstand don't be like SimLim Square, where one boss actually owns multiple shops.

maybe got people trying for loan la...

asking for bank loan eg.. 110%

bank loan only 85%.

so maybe 85% is 110k.

these are very common...

↡ Advertisement