Anyone driving the latest Ford Focus

Ssbcc

Supercharged
(edited)

I always check OMV from LTA website. The latest for Ford Focus Trend/Titanium are 13555/16665 in Feb 2013. SGcarmart states that they are made in Germany. Is this correct? The OMVs are really low if you take into account the country of make and car specs versus other similar German cars. Hence their profits margins seem bigger comparatively.

Even Mondeo 2.0 OMV also quite low at 21133.

Ok, my comments on the car. It didn't remain on my shortlist due to the interior design. It feels too plasticky and non-modern, especially the centre console and dashboard and driver panel. Another design flaw is the position of the aircon vents. They are blowing direct onto the drivers hands on the steering wheel. But car performance and comfort are quite good. Another problem is the small boot opening.

seems like the good and bads about the car haven't changed all these years. I owned an mk2 from 2004 - 2008

good - top notch handling, reliability and easy maintenance

bad - non-inspiring interior, slow pick up due to small engine lugging a heavy chasis, not so good fuel economy.

some say ford needs tender loving care. from my 4 years experience of owning and maintaining one, I beg to differ. parts are plentiful and they don't break down easily. best is, the AD warranty covers most of the things unlike other ADs who have a lot of excluded items or ownership status. for me the only consideration that I let go of that I need something that picks up speed faster.

Edited by Acemundo
↡ Advertisement

Ford handling is good and stable .. pity its not a popular brand

Not a pity at all :D I'm a ford owner, and I hope it never gets popular over here.

With the latest generation of Focus & Fiesta, everyone is keeping eye on these two model.

Hopefully, fusion/mondeo will come later in y2014.

Don't forget, ford has achieved the best engine for the year on 1.0 Ecoboost

don't think the kuga will come here. too close to the galaxy.

Having been driving the new focus for 1 yr+ already.

FC better than the previous mk1. I mostly city driving and average around 9.5l/km

Driving pleasure is good, (mk1 still better) comfort, noise, safety is better than other 1.6 cars.

Engine performance is average, but better than the mk1.

all in all, with all the goodies in, quite value for money.

Summary : A driver's car, with better than average comfort, and safety and electronic toys. A cheaper alternative to the BMs and Audis with similar traits.

Once you drive a focus ( or most Fords), you will find it hard to find pleasure in driving the toyotas and hyundias/kias.

don't think the kuga will come here. too close to the galaxy.

Having been driving the new focus for 1 yr+ already.

FC better than the previous mk1. I mostly city driving and average around 9.5l/km

Driving pleasure is good, (mk1 still better) comfort, noise, safety is better than other 1.6 cars.

Engine performance is average, but better than the mk1.

all in all, with all the goodies in, quite value for money.

Summary : A driver's car, with better than average comfort, and safety and electronic toys. A cheaper alternative to the BMs and Audis with similar traits.

Once you drive a focus ( or most Fords), you will find it hard to find pleasure in driving the toyotas and hyundias/kias.

I thought the latest Focus is mk3 liao?

anyone can advise the 10k, 20k, 40k servicing charges for focus? rather than me having to hop over to ford forum and register myself. :)

Supercharged
(edited)

anyone can advise the 10k, 20k, 40k servicing charges for focus? rather than me having to hop over to ford forum and register myself. :)

when I was driving the mk2, I only went back regent motors (now called vantage automotive) for servicing every 20000km that allows me to keep my warranty.

the good thing also is they allowed me to bring my own engine oil so I saved quite a bit instead of using those overpriced shell helix ultra engne oil.

I can't recall the charges liao but actually I still keep the price table at home.

10k is real cheap even after factoring in own cost of supplies incurred on my own.

20k should be around 300-400

40k should be aound 400-600 (using their oil if I recall correctly)

Edited by Acemundo

Focus is a good car but not so popular here.

Quite true Ford is really a very good car.

Test drive it comparing to my Altis 2012. Its handling its superb, u dont feel a thingy when you do corners or turn.

Its also quite worth it to buy considering its omv is the 17 to 18k range.

its also German made so the built quality is way better than my Altis.

Pity i could not switch to one for the trade in price for my Altis was too low

Quite true Ford is really a very good car.

Test drive it comparing to my Altis 2012. Its handling its superb, u dont feel a thingy when you do corners or turn.

Its also quite worth it to buy considering its omv is the 17 to 18k range.

its also German made so the built quality is way better than my Altis.

Pity i could not switch to one for the trade in price for my Altis was too low

Let's jump start this Ford Focus...

Any 2015 F.F owners out there ? I will be collecting my estate by next week and looking forward to it

Let's jump start this Ford Focus...

Any 2015 F.F owners out there ? I will be collecting my estate by next week and looking forward to it

Which model did you buy? I'm hoping for the 1.5 ecoboost model to be launched here. Anyone got any news regarding when will they bring that model in?

Which model did you buy? I'm hoping for the 1.5 ecoboost model to be launched here. Anyone got any news regarding when will they bring that model in?

I got the Focus Estate-Trend.. It is running on Duretec +powershift.. I doubt so they will bring in the 1.5 Ecoboost and this will upgrade to CAT B COE and fighting with all big players...

↡ Advertisement