Should foreigners be allowed to protest in Singapore?

Cheesey74

COMMENT: Should foreigners be allowed to protest in Singapore?

By Kirsten Han | SingaporeScene

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

No. We have too many groups of foreigners here that we will end up having to take care of protests which are not even related to us.

can....why not! just dont forget to apply for permit for the rally/protest just like Sgian do. Singapore is just a causeway away from MY, why not just go back JB to protest lar, we have our own problem!

That is the problem when the floodgates are opened for any ah cat ah dog to come in just to hit the population target.

I don't recall any Ang Mors protesting back then before the floodgates are opened.

Anyway, these group of M'sians shouldn't be protesting at the Merlion Park. I believe it would be more effective had they done it on the grounds of the M'sian embassey. At least it won't be considered a "public" place and the polis at most will just stand at the gates waiting for further instructions.

Turbocharged

That is the problem when the floodgates are opened for any ah cat ah dog to come in just to hit the population target.

I don't recall any Ang Mors protesting back then before the floodgates are opened.

This, I agree.

Turbocharged
(edited)

Want to protest can, $1k per head. Proceedings go to the needy directly. We can then be a protest 'capital'. [laugh] i go there sell ice-cream .

Edited by Ingenius

Supersonic

can....why not! just dont forget to apply for permit for the rally/protest just like Sgian do. Singapore is just a causeway away from MY, why not just go back JB to protest lar, we have our own problem!

Exactly this.

In the current case, these are Malaysians who are in close proximity to their homeland. Why not take a bus down to JB to hold their protest there?

Even Singaporeans are not allowed to randomly hold protests at the Merlion so why should Malaysians have this extra privilege?

P.S. When we talk about whether we should allow these protests, we should always ignore whether the cause is just in our eyes or not.

Turbocharged

They should be thankful that we are providing them with employment opportunities here.

Now, we still have to provide them with a platform to protest.

Aren't we being too accommodating if we really do so?

Anyway, these group of M'sians shouldn't be protesting at the Merlion Park. I believe it would be more effective had they done it on the grounds of the M'sian embassey. At least it won't be considered a "public" place and the polis at most will just stand at the gates waiting for further instructions.

refer to Michael fay

Hypersonic

apply permit...........book a stadium............arrange for transport and refreshment........... [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

But who want to pay????............ [:p]

apply permit...........book a stadium............arrange for transport and refreshment........... [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

But who want to pay????............ [:p]

There is a price to pay for democracy, for freedom wat [:)]

Hypersonic

There is a price to pay for democracy, for freedom wat [:)]

my point lor................if anyone really love the country so much and wanted a change so much............they sld take the lead to do all the paper work and fund it.................cheap way not a good way.............. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

last time people pay with their life for democracy ........... [:p]

If they want to make statement they can do so at stake of their own embassy, eg bolehland embassy, rather than at stake of host nation

my point lor................if anyone really love the country so much and wanted a change so much............they sld take the lead to do all the paper work and fund it.................cheap way not a good way.............. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

last time people pay with their life for democracy ........... [:p]

ya lor! now we have to pay n pay for our democrazy! :ph34r:

↡ Advertisement