CF Bonnet for A159..group order...

Toeyritztt

Few 159ers hv voiced their interests in getting CF bonnets....I've been looking at them too, but to bulk order needs a minimum. To custom-made will also need a minimum order, but at a cheaper rate. So, before we all get excited...I'll need the names of owners whom may be keen. We're possibly looking at about $900-$1k per bonnet, with a minimum order of 8pcs...so we shall see.... ;p

1. Toey

2. Hanzo

↡ Advertisement

is it a direct replacement from our current one? how much weight are we shaving off from the current stock? any chance for the boot also?

is it a direct replacement from our current one? how much weight are we shaving off from the current stock? any chance for the boot also?

Struts how?

Adjustable or need to replace?

WLE why got so much poisonous fumes

so basically looks like the our original bonnet, just that it's black with the CF patterns?

We've an option to 'show' the CF patterns in clear lacquers...or have it resprayed to our current car-body colour... I will choose to spray to bodycolour and maybe expose the CF a lil..hehehe

What u mean by 'direct replacement'? It wont be a swap...coz I am intending to buy a bonnet and send it to the factory to replicate the mould. Current bonnet is about 15-20kg? Not sure...hehe...but the CF ones can be a fraction of that... CF Boot...??? hhmmmmm... [sly]

Struts how?

Adjustable or need to replace?

WLE why got so much poisonous fumes

Struts can be transferred over. Maybe need just one strut..as the bonnet is light enuf to not drop.. or the old conventional way of hook-stand. hehe

I only worry about insurance.

I think no bonnet struts needed. Use the good old hook

To what I can recall, should there be a claim, for a broken CF bonnet...insurance co. will replace it with the original one. They wont acknowledge the CF bonnet...same applies for the bonnet or rims or exhaust...

Struts can be transferred over. Maybe need just one strut..as the bonnet is light enuf to not drop.. or the old conventional way of hook-stand. hehe

No need just buy a carbon fibre tube for stopper on a worn strut like this.

post-48721-1368628495_thumb.jpg

Works for me.

Few 159ers hv voiced their interests in getting CF bonnets....I've been looking at them too, but to bulk order needs a minimum. To custom-made will also need a minimum order, but at a cheaper rate. So, before we all get excited...I'll need the names of owners whom may be keen. We're possibly looking at about $900-$1k per bonnet, with a minimum order of 8pcs...so we shall see.... ;p

1. Toey

2. Hanzo

3. TM

And lets look at front quarter panels too?

To what I can recall, should there be a claim, for a broken CF bonnet...insurance co. will replace it with the original one. They wont acknowledge the CF bonnet...same applies for the bonnet or rims or exhaust...

what I mean is will the insurance company void our insurance if we happen to claim, because our bonnet has been modified?

what I mean is will the insurance company void our insurance if we happen to claim, because our bonnet has been modified?

dont think there is anything that void insurance as this mod is lta friendly. best to check with your own insurance underwriting...

What u mean by 'direct replacement'? It wont be a swap...coz I am intending to buy a bonnet and send it to the factory to replicate the mould. Current bonnet is about 15-20kg? Not sure...hehe...but the CF ones can be a fraction of that... CF Boot...??? hhmmmmm... [sly]

directly replacement mean i dont have to change anything on my current ride to suit the mounting etc

Hi Toey

Any progress on this since the meet up?

Hey TM,

So far, there's 2 names plus 1 anonymous owner ..so there's 3 orders for the CF bonnet.

Im talking to factory for some other possible CF parts as well... u hv any other panel in mind?

• Dislike 1

Hey TM,

So far, there's 2 names plus 1 anonymous owner ..so there's 3 orders for the CF bonnet.

Im talking to factory for some other possible CF parts as well... u hv any other panel in mind?

keep me posted if there is any outcome. i might be interested

↡ Advertisement