High-rise littering

Jman888

The problem is how to catch these people, heard if the same unit been caught a few time, the flat will be confiscated. Then the fine should make it at $10K each , like the OPC fine or maybe jail for a week [laugh]

This one takes the cake :o

ZB_14_05_2013_CJ_1_21435815_21434775_wuxy_kwongkc_x1raja.jpg

High-rise littering penalties need to be "significantly raised": Dr Vivian

By Hoe Pei Shan

Since close circuit cameras to monitor high-rise littering was piloted in 2011, there have been 12 suspects apprehended and five prosecuted in court, said Minister for the Environment and Water Resources Vivian Balakrishnan today in Parliament.

Dr Balakrishnan, responding to questions from Nee Soon GRC MP Lim Wee Kiak said he is "not satisfied" with the high-rise littering situation, noting that about 8,000 complaints are received yearly but few cases brought to court, typically about 10 a year.

In order to improve the these rates, Mr Balakrishnan said the Government would "probably need to review penalties". Existing fines imposed currently range from $800 to $1,500, and these "need to be significantly raised", he said.

But Dr Balakrishnan added: "I don't think surveillance cameras are the final or primary solution to this problem."

↡ Advertisement

IMO this issue is when windows are faced at the open carpark and/or faced at where there's a lot of human traffic.

If I'm not wrong places where there are MSCP and have sheltered walkways have less complains.

Supercharged

Not only catch those litter bugs from high rise flats, but should also catch those potential killer litters like hang flower pots on aircon ledge or corridor edge, hang clothes with pole in a dangerous position, hang mattress out thru window to dry....

I think confiscated the flat is the best, then people will be scare.

What if it is rented? Some of these are foreigners and they simply don't care.

What if it is rented? Some of these are foreigners and they simply don't care.

cancel work permit , ban them from entering here for life..

Supercharged

cancel work permit , ban them from entering here for life..

Cancel work permit and fine the landlord (home owner). Then landlord next time will ensure his tenant will not throw litter anymore. [;)]

Supersonic

Cancel work permit and fine the landlord (home owner). Then landlord next time will ensure his tenant will not throw litter anymore. [;)]

Agreed, cancel their work pass and ban them from working here. Also fine the home owner.

actually.. if the whole flat let out.. you can't blame the landlord.. [rolleyes]

Twincharged

I think confiscated the flat is the best, then people will be scare.

u mean condo do not have littering?

sorry, i sua ku, stay in hdb [laugh]

Turbocharged

u mean condo do not have littering?

sorry, i sua ku, stay in hdb [laugh]

hands not long enough. usually will drop into their flower bay :D

Twincharged

hands not long enough. usually will drop into their flower bay :D

ohh.. then HDB shld start adding bay windows too... and raise the BTO price by another 10%

the fine must be heavy ($10K each) to stop this, the landlord is earning rental income from the tenants anyway :D

The windows grille drop is not accident? I thought it was, didn't read much about it. But if anyone is to dispose that by throwing downstairs really need to go IMH check up.

the fine must be heavy ($10K each) to stop this, the landlord is earning rental income from the tenants anyway :D

Go by weight of thiings throw. tissue paper weight $500

Supercharged

actually.. if the whole flat let out.. you can't blame the landlord.. [rolleyes]

Can blame...because he never screen the tenant properly... :D

↡ Advertisement