• Flexible expandability

• A new rendering engine that pushes the limits of the PS3

New Physics Engine

• New suspension and kinematics model

• New tyre model

• New aerodynamics model

• Technical partnership with Yokohama Rubber and KW Automotive

1200 Cars, abundant custom parts, and on-going DLC

• From historic cars to the latest racing cars, the game contains a total of 1200 cars.

• Multiple aerodynamic parts and custom wheels will be available for almost all cars.

• Players can create their own personalised custom car in the game.

• Cars will be continually added online

33 locations, 71 layouts

• 33 Locations and 71 layouts will be provided from day1 (7 more locations and 19 more layouts than GT5)

• More new tracks will continue to be provided online

New Course Maker

• Massive scenery spanning several tens of square kilometers

• A new course generation algorithm

Community/Club/Race Organizer

• Players can form their own communities

• Various community levels from local and domestic to global

• Players themselves can create and manage their own online events

New User Interface

• Balancing directional key operation and touch operation

• Quick response

• Shortening of loading times

Multi Device Compatibility

• PlayStation

Edited by Mockngbrd
↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

somehow i dun feel that these sims are realistic without a proper damage/ crash system.

grid is kinda arcade but i found the crash system refreshing.. makes u think twice about bumping other cars or the barriers.

Twincharged

Try racing online in GT5 with damage turned on.

i havent tried that... let me dig up my disc and try it! thansk

somehow i dun feel that these sims are realistic without a proper damage/ crash system.

grid is kinda arcade but i found the crash system refreshing.. makes u think twice about bumping other cars or the barriers.

True, but GT's sim focus on the realism of the cars and tracks itself, but have always shun away from car damage. Their excuse was that the car manufacturers did not want to see their cars being damaged. <_<

I have read that a racer drove in GT and one of the real world's track (think is Le mans) and the timing was 0.4s apart. Also, there are gamers who became professional racers after playing GT.

So, GT is as close as you get to racing in real life, except when you bump into things. [laugh] [laugh]

Some won't find it fun.

I have read that a racer drove in GT and one of the real world's track (think is Le mans) and the timing was 0.4s apart. Also, there are gamers who became professional racers after playing GT.

So, GT is as close as you get to racing in real life, except when you bump into things. [laugh] [laugh]

Some won't find it fun.

Gamers would be gamers & racers would be racers.

It's not possible as shown by top gear:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olWCXfwTvhI...be_gdata_player

True, but GT's sim focus on the realism of the cars and tracks itself, but have always shun away from car damage. Their excuse was that the car manufacturers did not want to see their cars being damaged. <_<

Some won't find it fun.

GT5 do have a visual and mechanical damage system. the doors can fly out and the car may not drive straight once you knock into anything. But only "premium" cars in the game have visible damage as this feature uses alot of memory.

I wonder why they want to have GT6. Can't they just add in DLC for GT5?

Twincharged

GT5 do have a visual and mechanical damage system. the doors can fly out and the car may not drive straight once you knock into anything. But only "premium" cars in the game have visible damage as this feature uses alot of memory.

somehow i find the crash more satisfying in grid..

can wreck until the car can't move... [laugh]

post-30035-1368682919_thumb.jpg

post-30035-1368682942_thumb.jpg

post-30035-1368682960_thumb.jpg

I read that it is only in arcade and like you said, only a few selected cars can. So probably they feel that the damage system not realistic for the single player sim.

I want it..

Twincharged

I guess they got to have a balance between realism and a game. If too realistic then some might be put-off because they can't even complete a race at all. I guess maybe they should let the players decide what they want by having a setting which the user can choose.

Sony has a PlayStation 4 version of Gran Turismo 6 "in mind for the future," the company said today during a London event where the game was announced earlier this morning.

"We have a PS4 version in mind for the future" Polyphony Digital president Kazunori Yamauchi told GameSpot.

"But for this holiday season we thought that it would be best for users to release the PS3 version," he added. "I thought the best scenario would be for the game to come out, and we're planning to have new content, and DLC every few months."

The PlayStation 3 version of Gran Turismo 6 is due out this holiday season. As for when a potential PS4 version could arrive, Yamauchi said it may not be for some time.

"Once the players have thoroughly played out the game, if the PlayStation 4 version just came out naturally in the process, we think that would be the best scenario for the game," he said.

Regarding whether or not player progress could be applied from the PS3 version to the PS4 version, Yamauchi said this would "probably" be the case.

Separately, Sony announced today that a demo for Gran Turismo 6 will launch in July. No further information about the pre-release trial was divulged.

Some won't find it fun.

They said that last time regarding the crush.....until Forza came out, (the first one) produce a sim, & have damage. In affct most decent car games (including PC sims) have damage, so what they said was weak sauce.

I used to be a fan of GT, but after playing Forza, I never looked back. I wanted initially to buy a PS3 for GT5, but after suffer poor feedback, & backlash from people, I am happy I did not need a PS3.

I think for GT6, it seem that are adding stuff that should have been in GT5, (Which have been for a while in Forza series) but lets see when its out...

(edited)

They said that last time regarding the crush.....until Forza came out, (the first one) produce a sim, & have damage. In affct most decent car games (including PC sims) have damage, so what they said was weak sauce.

I used to be a fan of GT, but after playing Forza, I never looked back. I wanted initially to buy a PS3 for GT5, but after suffer poor feedback, & backlash from people, I am happy I did not need a PS3.

I think for GT6, it seem that are adding stuff that should have been in GT5, (Which have been for a while in Forza series) but lets see when its out...

But in terms of sim accuracy, still can't beat GT.

However, GT's AI suck balls, so I mainly use it to play time trial.

After a while will sian, so will play arcade racers but I don't like those NFS... i play motorstorm :D

Edited by Nicholas

I've a GT5 too, the realism is top notch [thumbsup]

After a while will sian, so will play arcade racers but I don't like those NFS... i play motorstorm :D

Sim is thought to be better in GT5, but not by far. Yes, its one of the only few things (inlcude weather effect & Day/night cycle) that GT have an edge.

Of course, GT have a much better fan base due to its long history, but Forza have been the highest rating racer since the first game for a reason.

Every other areas, Forza sweep away GT5. In fact, many hardcore GT fans actually got into Forza series after GT5 dissapointed them (or get tired of GT5 long delays) , & are surprise how much more polish Forza is. Not to mention the developers of Forza are more active, & even held regular races with fans & give out free unicorn cars for online contests regularly. They also regular ask for feedback what fans wanted for he next game, & what car to add as DLC. People who are Forza fan & convert to regular GT5 players are far rarer.

But if you have only PS3, then I guess GT is still the best sim you can get. Anyway, its interesting to see how GT6 will be when it is released. After the dissapointemnt of GT5, they need to delivered big time!

Sim is thought to be better in GT5, but not by far. Yes, its one of the only few things (inlcude weather effect & Day/night cycle) that GT have an edge.

Of course, GT have a much better fan base due to its long history, but Forza have been the highest rating racer since the first game for a reason.

Every other areas, Forza sweep away GT5. In fact, many hardcore GT fans actually got into Forza series after GT5 dissapointed them (or get tired of GT5 long delays) , & are surprise how much more polish Forza is. Not to mention the developers of Forza are more active, & even held regular races with fans & give out free unicorn cars for online contests regularly. They also regular ask for feedback what fans wanted for he next game, & what car to add as DLC. People who are Forza fan & convert to regular GT5 players are far rarer.

But if you have only PS3, then I guess GT is still the best sim you can get. Anyway, its interesting to see how GT6 will be when it is released. After the dissapointemnt of GT5, they need to delivered big time!

Yes you are right, of course, with Forza being better in many ways. All I'm saying is, it's as real as you get to real life that even real racers use GT to practice. [;)]

↡ Advertisement