TP advocating black cameras

RadX

Reported that TP is looking into lower premiums for those with in vehicle cameras.

Also reported that heavy vehicles to have cameras.

A good move and hope it will pave the way for no more nonsense claims

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Reported that TP is looking into lower premiums for those with in vehicle cameras.

Also reported that heavy vehicles to have cameras.

A good move and hope it will pave the way for no more nonsense claims

It's a double edged sword .... I'm sure those at fault will never want to share the video onboard ... Unless they kuku, didn't even know their fault... Those deserve self snooke... [:p]

Twincharged

Each cam 10% discount. Congrats

liddat, put 10 cams then no need to buy insurance liow ?? huat ah !!

Turbocharged

Each cam 10% discount. Congrats

But how are they going to control insurers? Insurer can just tweak their formula , add 10%, into the quote then give u 10% discount... [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

i have got 3 working cams in my car ... wonder if get even more discount ??

What are you? A PI?

But how are they going to control insurers? Insurer can just tweak their formula , add 10%, into the quote then give u 10% discount... [laugh]

Yah man...just renewed my car insurance premium....last yr paid $600+ this yr paid paid $800+....reason being minimum premium must be $750....

so what was added to me compulsory was NCD protector....

I tot last yr GIA reported car insurance finally making profits.....but yet this sort of pattern come up.....

Consumer still at a loss......

I believe this would be use to exonerate people when investigating incidents, accidents and claims. It would be useful. Those with it surely benefit much. My vehicle has one.

Supercharged

something off topic

for those who are using DVR. please get yourself a class 10 memory card. It really works like a charm..

I have been using a class 4 until yesterday.

The quality between 2, is significant.

Twincharged

I guess this will save them even more more money than the discount they give. Since they have the video footage, the insurer no need to invest so much time/money into investigating the claims.

Twincharged

something off topic

for those who are using DVR. please get yourself a class 10 memory card. It really works like a charm..

I have been using a class 4 until yesterday.

The quality between 2, is significant.

Actually depends on your camera also. If using those old and low res cameras then don't really need class 10. If HD then better get class 10. My old camera bought 5 years ago no difference between class 4 and 10 since the file size also quite small.

(edited)

I really hope that TP make it a compulsory that all vehicles Shld have a built car in-cam camera before they are allowed to be on the road. Then it must go for a half yearly or yearly check when they go for their car servicing and everybody and every damn vehicle on the road will have a fair ground and nobody can anyhow chut stunt liao. The camera can only be touch and be seem by the Authority and the insurance company for their expedition of claims. Then all the vehicles regardless if what make or whatever Size will all be safely driven and make the roads a safe place to be.

Edited by Abachee
↡ Advertisement