Advise on change of rims / tyres package.

Dark_flan

I'm planning to change my aging & 15% thread balance tyres to a new set coupled with rims since cheaper to take both. Rim is battered and seems not balanced already as over 5 yrs old and a used rims at that time.

Just need to know where is the cheapest place in the West with a huge variety of rims to choose from.

Been to Stamford, Autobac and Hankook tyres and quoted at Stamford 16" SSW rims (any design) with Falken 522 / 912 (now running on) is going for $988/- of opt for Continental ContactSport 2 is $1348/-

Hankook offer 16" rims with ?? S2 (cannot remember) tyres for $1100/- but only 2 choices and not very interested in the design of rims

Autobac is out as too expensive even after trade in existing rims is the same as non trade in at Stamford. Limited boring design for my car.

Thought of Poh Kim but not gone there yet to research. Partially they only accept cash but I prefer to earn rebates through my credit card.

Any other suggestions?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

If I understand correctly, Stamford only sell original rims right? If that is correct, $988 with 16" original ssw and tyres is dirt cheap (assuming excluding trade in) and I think it's still consider cheap if $988 is after trade in considering u are getting original ssw.

But why will it be $360 difference If u get ccs2? That will work out to be $90 diff/pc. It's a lot of difference for a 16" tyre..

• Praise 1

I am pondering for the 17" range as it's offered at $1188 for the Falken package. The only thing is the ride and the fuel economy probably go down. I calculated the Stamford's offer is quite cheap for each rim c/w tyres too.

I am pondering for the 17" range as it's offered at $1188 for the Falken package. The only thing is the ride and the fuel economy probably go down. I calculated the Stamford's offer is quite cheap for each rim c/w tyres too.

That's the downside of this package. Don't like the tyre.

• Praise 1

I'm planning to change my aging & 15% thread balance tyres to a new set coupled with rims since cheaper to take both. Rim is battered and seems not balanced already as over 5 yrs old and a used rims at that time.

Just need to know where is the cheapest place in the West with a huge variety of rims to choose from.

Been to Stamford, Autobac and Hankook tyres and quoted at Stamford 16" SSW rims (any design) with Falken 522 / 912 (now running on) is going for $988/- of opt for Continental ContactSport 2 is $1348/-

Hankook offer 16" rims with ?? S2 (cannot remember) tyres for $1100/- but only 2 choices and not very interested in the design of rims

Autobac is out as too expensive even after trade in existing rims is the same as non trade in at Stamford. Limited boring design for my car.

Thought of Poh Kim but not gone there yet to research. Partially they only accept cash but I prefer to earn rebates through my credit card.

Any other suggestions?

yHI / STAMFORD / autobac got wide range of rims but too EX?

many other tyre shop cheap but limited choice of rim?

and only want at the west?

I think you may be inside the bottle neck

can try the BH at AMK he can provide you wide range of choice but you will have to pay CASH only ?

Neutral Newbie

Try calling YHI, they're in the west. See what they can offer.

java script:bbc_pop()

Wah lau, call them for quote and they said their new company policy does not allow them to quote price over the phone. sianz sia

I do not prefer 912, feel my car is flying during wet condition. Are those on Promo? Usually they will have regular promo going on.

Wah lau, call them for quote and they said their new company policy does not allow them to quote price over the phone. sianz sia

They afraid that the price they quote will be lower of higher than the price tyres shops are offering..hence people will complain...

WOW Solid policy [rifle]

anyway we have to respect their Company policy , either you go to them or else where [bounce2] this ouu choice

Any other suggestions?

Backside itchy after reading this post, so went down to Stamford yesterday to have a look. End up spending 1.1k there.

Changed to 16" rims and CSC2 tyre 205/50/R16, DOM 2412, made in Germany.

Dun think I get the best of deals, but the services is definitely there. The deal includes 2 free tyre rotation and free nitrogen top up.

I was surprised to find out that tyres of the same size can weight so much difference for different brands. Also just before he fix the new wheels on to my car, I compared its weight with my old set (15" rims with BS tyre) and surprised to find they weight abt the same.

Backside itchy after reading this post, so went down to Stamford yesterday to have a look. End up spending 1.1k there.

Changed to 16" rims and CSC2 tyre 205/50/R16, DOM 2412, made in Germany.

Dun think I get the best of deals, but the services is definitely there. The deal includes 2 free tyre rotation and free nitrogen top up.

I was surprised to find out that tyres of the same size can weight so much difference for different brands. Also just before he fix the new wheels on to my car, I compared its weight with my old set (15" rims with BS tyre) and surprised to find they weight abt the same.

Oh u changed your rim there? They quoted me higher if I not wrong based on the specs. Maybe eventually depends on the final choice of rims to decide on the tyres. SSW rims should be good quality compared to replica rims since it's their house brand.

↡ Advertisement