COE Bidding 2nd - May 2013

Steptronic

What is your take?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Final result this time will be

• Cat A > Cat B
    • Cat B > Cat A
    • Leave me alone!

Maybe. My car and HDB flat are fully paid. Maybe you have iron bowel. We should more concern our job security.

Maybe. My car and HDB flat are fully paid. Maybe you have iron bowel. We should more concern our job security.

Very nice.. 3room, 4room, 5room, executive HdB? U don't have to worry about recession anymore..

Hope this will help those are financially weak..

There is debate about the pricing. Again , is a WANT item. This WANT item is killing many who are already cash stripped.

10 Deadly Sins

1. how sales can drop in 2nd half of 2013? with limited coe, if 1 month sell 1000 new cars does not mean drop of sales. the max is only 1000 coe per month (last time was 1000 coe per category)

2. worse sales in 2014? if mr lui claim is "true" that 2014 will release more coe ... more sales it will be

borneo eat simi sai liao?

sorry, i mistaken liao ... borneo sales is from bad to worse sales but bmw/merc/audi/vw all laughing to the bank [laugh]

Mr Lui is just playing with words... He learned from Mr Khaw.. say say don't need $ and can impact on market.

Lets see it this way.. LTA says they are reducing the car vehicle growth since 2 years ago, therefore resulting in the spike of COE. If I remember correctly, their target is to have less than 1% growth per year. They never mentioned about reducing the total number of vehicles. Since March this year, by giving out only 1000 Coe monthly, when there are like 3000-4000 old Coe expiring means its starting to have negative growth since March 2013.

Of course some people say that some Coe may be renewed, but seriously will u pay $62k for a piece of paper now to renew your 10 year old car? Most likely also scrap the car, and use that 62k downpay for new car or else buy second hand. Hence tCoe oe is only an increase of supply of COE. LTA works like a company with P&L in mind.. effective reduction of total car population from 900k to 800k means lesser revenue in terms of road tax and erp collection, not inclusive of not able to hit KPi for failing to achieve the growth in car population which is also something they have to fulfill.

Now coming back to Borneo.. which is a subsidiary of Inchscape, which is a lusted company and also GLC linked.. their sales forecast projection dip is largely due to stiff competion from VW, Merc which they are eating into your market share as Toyota are really pale when compared to the conti. And also bec on the new rile of 40/50% downpayment which will see consumers not buying if a coe of 62k resulting in a altis selling 120k and downpayment becomes 50k.. for buyers of B&B car, coming our with 50k and take loan 70k for 5 years, might as well don't buy or buy a 5 year old used car and full pay with 50k. So they will also need Coe to cone down for their sales to move. Their bad projection is based on high Coe of 60+k plus new loan restrictions. Therefore with all dealers facing same dilemma, the solution will be for Coe price to relax, which LTA has the expiring Coe on hand and balls are in their court.

having the ball and can move goal post anytime anywhere .... sure win la

car buyer [knife]

Therefore with all dealers facing same dilemma, the solution will be for Coe price to relax, which LTA has the expiring Coe on hand and balls are in their court.

Supersonic

Although this round COE increased but still hover in $60K level?! Looks like COE price has reached a stagnant stage?! :blink:

(edited)

probably yes ... $65k-$70k unless coe quota increase .... watch this space at 2014

Although this round COE increased but still hover in $60K level?! Looks like COE price has reached a stagnant stage?! :blink:

Edited by Wt_know

not stagnant to me.. looking at the total biddings, it's clear that more demands than supply.. HOWEVER, everyone do not wish they are the "su cker" eventually if COE fall further due to Govt intervention or naturally high DE-registration.

It's tug of war now..

Supersonic

not stagnant to me.. looking at the total biddings, it's clear that more demands than supply.. HOWEVER, everyone do not wish they are the "su cker" eventually if COE fall further due to Govt intervention or naturally high DE-registration.

It's tug of war now..

lol, stagnant to me mean the COE doesnt fall and increase sharply like last few months. Example suddenly at $70k then become $80k then $90K then fall back to $80K etc. For the past few bidding, coe always hover between $60K to $69K?! Doesnt fall further nor increase further.