Steptronic

What is your take?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Final result this time will be

• Cat A > Cat B
    • Cat B > Cat A
    • Leave me alone!

Just went yesterday. 55K

Sinkies nvr learn fast, today make nosie on high coe, once AD has promotion, all rush down to book, tis week, C&C, next week, Beemer, follow by Toyo and the rest, no wonder COE sure [rifle] up north. . .

we are juz loser.

↡ Advertisement

I agree. This to me seems like the truth. Borneo needs to demonstrate that they have orders on the pipeline to assure better negotiation in future.

Truth be told and you can stomach it, these jokers can predict yet failed to offset coe actual result, we are damn.

3rd Gear

是的,4789份COE是多出来了,LTA是打算在下一个季度,就是八月开始扣除岀來的,是连续十八个月到一月2o15年的。

这是减少而不是增加。

0、5% 增长也开始了,

40%至50%DP也开始了,

誰会猜想到接下来的走式呢?

这是减少而不是增加。

0、5% 增长也开始了,

40%至50%DP也开始了,

誰会猜想到接下来的走式呢?

当然会冲击新车销售量。。不轮拥车证价高或低。。

这是减少而不是增加。

0、5% 增长也开始了,

40%至50%DP也开始了,

誰会猜想到接下来的走式呢?

Using my extremely limited Chinese I understand that you are saying the 4789 is a reduction and not an increase from Aug 13 to Jan 15?

I apologise if I'm reading it wrongly as an increase.

In this case adding on the 0.5% growth p.a. that would mean the the lower quota would put an even bigger pressure on COE price to shoot up? [knife]

That is bad news for people still waiting and hoping on the sideline.

LTA COE over allocation

4. A total of 4,789 remaining adjustments for over-projections in Quota Years 2008 and 2009 as well as expired COEs from 2009 were scheduled to be spread over bidding months from August 2012 to January 20142. These adjustments will now be deferred for 1 year from August 2012 to July 2013. They will resume from August 2013 to January 2015. This will make available 266 more COEs per month (or about 7% of the current monthly quota) from August 2012 to July 2013.

(edited)

I user to have a engineer who needed a car "badly" to pls his newly wed wife few years back.. i told him hose hidden cost and financial outlay to own a car in singapore. He do the maths over and over and believe he can own one.. eventually committed to a brand new mit lancer.. less than 70k then compare to the high price now.

Guess what.. he refuse to drive most time unless is fetching his dearest due to the high cost of parking, erp, petrol etc. Most time will hitch a ride when we go lunch etc..

So the abv example clearly show is not about how cheap or expensive a car price is.. all about affordability..

Affordability can be a personal thing for different folks.

If we insist on applying our own terms to everyone else it will be controversial and even insulting to others.

However I think we can still share our opinions without making any judgement?

So here is my opinion with disclaimers. [:p]

I think you could have an affordability question if you are driving into Johor for cheaper petrol.

Or if you have to worry about where the ERP gantries are and what time they operate.

Or calculate every time how much your full tank of gas will give you.

Or park on roadside inconveniencing others while you try to save a few cents on parking.

Or cheating on parking coupons.

Or worrying about road tax and insurance.

Or skim on maintenance and end up having broken down car on the expressway creating traffic jam.

Please don't bomb me.

Just personal opinions. [flowerface]

Edited by Extremesour

Neutral Newbie

Affordability can be a personal thing for different folks.

If we insist on applying our own terms to everyone else it will be controversial and even insulting to others.

However I think we can still share our opinions without making any judgement?

So here is my opinion with disclaimers. [:p]

I think you could have an affordability question if you are driving into Johor for cheaper petrol.

Or if you have to worry about where the ERP gantries are and what time they operate.

Or calculate every time how much your full tank of gas will give you.

Or park on roadside inconveniencing others while you try to save a few cents on parking.

Or cheating on parking coupons.

Or worrying about road tax and insurance.

Or skim on maintenance and end up having broken down car on the expressway creating traffic jam.

Please don't bomb me.

Just personal opinions. [flowerface]

You are very right. I agree. The friend driving the 159 is exactly like what you are describing.

The worst thing is that every time he wants to call me, he will say,"bro free wanna chat? Call me with your line." Wtf.

Neutral Newbie

Exactly. These r the ppl that shd not drive and shd not be even on the roads. Pek chek talking to such ppl.

Oh guess what? He just SMS me saying he is in JB now in another friend's car. Reason being that he is afraid his selesspeed will fail on him. So convenient.

You are very right. I agree. The friend driving the 159 is exactly like what you are describing.

The worst thing is that every time he wants to call me, he will say,"bro free wanna chat? Call me with your line." Wtf.

Still hanging around with him? Better siam far far. One day, will "borrow" $$$ from you (w/o return).

Wah so cheapo ah.. How much is he making a month? 2k a month while driving a AR 159?

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Wah so cheapo ah.. How much is he making a month? 2k a month while driving a AR 159?

Ya. He is 45 yo n working in police force. Don't know how much he is earning. Not grad.

But he is irritating. Cannot squeeze any money out of him probably because he has none?

I last heard he bought this second hand 3 yo 159 for 80k plus with an over trade of 15 over k. The dealer told him don't worry, the 159 loan can break even in 2 yrs time and he will sell it for profit. His previous car was also on a 30k cash back over a 60k loan. No way will u get a cent from him. He will squeeze the bank. He only put down cash for 1st installment. His monthly is always exceeding 1k plus. [shakehead]

I'm an accountant by profession. Somehow what the dealer told him doesn't make sense to me. But it does to him.

Edited by Pandaeyes

Neutral Newbie

Still hanging around with him? Better siam far far. One day, will "borrow" $$$ from you (w/o return).

Not a close friend but just a fellow forum bro.

Turbocharged

[laugh]

Different people got different advice for you lor,...no fixed rule on this sort of issues.

If not much then just top up la ..take your well deserved car and be happy man [;)]

If wait maybe no change in COE but car price up then LL.

In my case, car price drop within target range, chiong liao. Booked my car on Tuesday and got my COE on first go next day [:p] .....but car only ready some many weeks from now.

Meanwhile looking forward and never backwards since already done deal

you have the same philosophy as my OC [laugh]

Turbocharged

Maybe Toyota is a big seller and hence don't really care if the customer will not continue once the 6th bid fails without top-up. To me it is a bit irresponsible marketing.

in a way it is judgement day for Toyota on 5th Jun for the lot on the final 6th bid. It is fails, i am one who will not buy Toyota again. i have to ask myself what is so special abt the altis. I would feel better to give my humble $$ to a Nissan or Mazda seller who I feel are more flexible. I have asked Toyota since the 4th bid whether they willing to call it quits as I noticed the 10K gap in their margin is heading for failure. The answer is always - "the contract of 6 bids" has to be fulfiilled.

You went for non-guaranteed right?

Like that, cannot kpkb - what's the point?

Non guarantee is like "try luck" only...it has happened before and will happen again.

Don't expect gold service from bronze price [thumbsdown][smash] [smash]

↡ Advertisement