Lost passport overseas

Yamapi

Must obtain a document of identity from

Singapore embassy in order to return to Singapore?

↡ Advertisement

Yes, that's correct.

However, before you go to the embassy, you need to make a police report and bring the report to the embassy.

If you have traveled to US before on the passport that was lost, you will have issue the next time you go to US.

Nowadays, I dread going into US as the immigration office always ask me to go to secondary because I lost my passport before.

Make police report, report to embassy, wait till they send you the document of identity, come back, make a new passport. That was my process.

If no embassy in that country how?

no such thing. no embassy there will be at least a high comm

Hypersonic

Why dread? Ask more in depth questions only right? Don't tell me u gotta do squats? [:p]

It's not just the.....squats.

They will PROBE deeper. :o

• Praise 1

If no embassy in that country how?

ya not all countries have diplomatic relations with singapore so not every country on this earth has a sg rep office. ..thats why i always have the 24 hrs foreign ministry number and contact in my phone and luggage.

just call to ask for assistance if really get stuck i am sure they will be able to provide you with the necessary help.

(edited)

Why dread? Ask more in depth questions only right? Don't tell me u gotta do squats? [:p]

Maybe you fly business class but I small fry so can only fly coach.

After 20 hours+ of traveling and having to go to secondary and wait for the officer to attend to you is not great.

My previous trip was through New York and I waited 1.5 hours before clearing secondary. Nearly miss my flight to Orlando.

So the fear is because you don't know how many people are in the queue and you don't know how long you need to wait.

Not only that, they break into my luggage also even though it has TSA lock. So no need to get luggage with TSA lock, no use at all because they don't want to go through the trouble of getting the special key to open your luggage.

Edited by Teoky

no such thing. no embassy there will be at least a high comm

Mai talk c o c k can?

you know how the term high commission originated from anot?? Basically countries which are in the Commonwealth including Singapore refer to their own embassies in fellow Commonwealth states as High Commissions. Needless to say the top diplomat is the High Commissioner.

Turbocharged

Maybe you fly business class but I small fry so can only fly coach.

After 20 hours+ of traveling and having to go to secondary and wait for the officer to attend to you is not great.

My previous trip was through New York and I waited 1.5 hours before clearing secondary. Nearly miss my flight to Orlando.

So the fear is because you don't know how many people are in the queue and you don't know how long you need to wait.

Not only that, they break into my luggage also even though it has TSA lock. So no need to get luggage with TSA lock, no use at all because they don't want to go through the trouble of getting the special key to open your luggage.

frankly, I only go US for business. The way they treat visitors to their country....

I rather go fly to Europe which probably has everything you want, rather than fly 18 hours to US and get treated like s--t by their immigration.

frankly, I only go US for business. The way they treat visitors to their country....

I rather go fly to Europe which probably has everything you want, rather than fly 18 hours to US and get treated like s--t by their immigration.

Cos their country kuai lan outside, scared ppl go in theirs and kuai lan back.

Cos their country kuai lan outside, scared ppl go in theirs and kuai lan back.

Going into US is a pain but getting out is easy !

They don't even give a damn and there's no immigration check if you are flying out.

americans are known to be racist

↡ Advertisement