Lost passport overseas

Yamapi

If no embassy in that country how?

AA) If we do not have our embassy in some country, then MFA recommends a nearby country. For example, Nepal does not have Sg embassy. So the nearest recommended is Delhi.

BB) It looks like some of us are not aware of "registering online in MFA site before we go to some country. Please follow the link, which is self explanatory.

https://eregister.mfa.gov.sg/eregisterporta...sterView.action

CC) We may Sign up in that link to have our last 5 foreign trips registered for any future reference

DD) Once a trip registered, MFA forwards the local embassy contacts and phone numbers.

EE) If we are registered, Local embassy will inform for any local issues.

etc etc. Very useful I think and I always register.

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged
(edited)

Some countries can be bloody huge.

If lost passport in the rural provinces and need to go to capital die man....nearly kenna once.

If the nearest embassy is in the next country, how to fly out?

Edited by Playtime

If lost passport in the rural provinces and need to go to capital die man....nearly kenna once.

I am not sure on this. My best guess would be nearby country mission could send it by courier!

• Praise 1

Call to report, fax/email the police report, they'll courier it over.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

lost passport ?? go here

the above website is getting worse .... anyone can post anything for sale .... [thumbsdown]

used to be one of the good sites around but after the revamp, like no one moderating.

• Praise 1

lost passport ?? go here

the above website is getting worse .... anyone can post anything for sale .... [thumbsdown]

used to be one of the good sites around but after the revamp, like no one moderating.

Tel Country Code starts with 90xxxxxx, so does it mean its from Turkey ????

Twincharged

Tel Country Code starts with 90xxxxxx, so does it mean its from Turkey ????

don't dare and cannot afford to find out. [:p]

It's not just the.....squats.

They will PROBE deeper. ohmy.gif

You mean they can be very anal about these things?

This sounds like a real pain in the ass.

:D

• Praise 1

Twincharged

just wondering ... when you go travelling and staying in a hotel, do you keep your passports with the reception safe box or carry it with you ?

first time I went overseas and stayed in a hotel, my friend told me to keep our passports and 1 credit card with the reception safe box.

just wondering ... when you go travelling and staying in a hotel, do you keep your passports with the reception safe box or carry it with you ?

first time I went overseas and stayed in a hotel, my friend told me to keep our passports and 1 credit card with the reception safe box.

I bring along coz if I have to take the local public transport and buy the tourist whole day ticket I have to show my passport. Go shopping can get tax rebate. If local police stop you, you got some kinda identification. 

• Praise 2

Supersonic

just wondering ... when you go travelling and staying in a hotel, do you keep your passports with the reception safe box or carry it with you ?

You need to bring your passport with you. In case of police check etc, passport is the only valid personal identificaty document.
  • Praise 2

In most of the countries you need to carry the original passport by rule. So better to keep with you.

When I was working in Beijing, I show mata photo of my passport in lieu of actual passport.

It is accepted.

Hypersonic
(edited)

I lock it up in the safe cos I scared lost.

Don't want any deep anal probing.

So far I have never been stopped by any police.

:D

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 2