Lost passport overseas

Yamapi

Supersonic

Recently there's one troll keep selling passports in this forum, so maybe he can help.

But always kena @RadX send him a passport to hell...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

I bring along coz if I have to take the local public transport and buy the tourist whole day ticket I have to show my passport. Go shopping can get tax rebate. If local police stop you, you got some kinda identification. 

yes. thankfully we had our passports on hand when we bought the Tokyo Subway Pass this morning. 

yes. thankfully we had our passports on hand when we bought the Tokyo Subway Pass this morning. 

In Japan, must have passport with you all the time.  Otherwise, how to buy G-Shock tax free at Bic Camera?

:XD:

• Praise 2

Supersonic

Better to bring along original passport when go out to avoid any problem, since it is the main identification. But must be extra careful when outside.

Better to bring along original passport when go out to avoid any problem, since it is the main identification. But must be extra careful when outside.

In some countries, better don't bring.  Too many pickpocket.

Turbocharged

The present international practice of having a booklet as passport is a hassle to carry around. Carrying it in one's pocket also has it's risk of being stolen or lost.

Some countries no longer chop passport. All info are captured in the system. So just a credit card size card as passport is workable? Why cannot?

• Praise 1

Supersonic

In some countries, better don't bring.  Too many pickpocket.

Thats why must be extra careful. Must take care of your passport like your wallet.

(edited)

Thats why must be extra careful. Must take care of your passport like your wallet.

My fren lost his wallet in his zipped khaki pocket.  How to take care?

Edited by Davidtch

Why cannot ? You need every country to recognize your card sized passport first.

I think he miss his own key word "SOME".

Supersonic

My fren lost his wallet in his zipped khaki pocket.  How to take care?

Must put inside the bag and hug closely when outside?!

Turbocharged

I keep a copy of my family passport, NRIC in my Dropbox. Think it's a good practice, in case anything easier to process. 

Turbocharged

Why cannot ? You need every country to recognize your card sized passport first.

Rephrase the question. What is preventing immigration authorities from adopting a card instead of booklet form. As mentioned some countries no longer chop passport. They just scan the passport. If I remember correctly South Korea does not chop passport.

Supercharged

Ditch everything. Just share the data with other countries and by just IRIS scan and Finger Print, all data should be available. Work done. No need to protect anything.

Supersonic

Must put inside the bag and hug closely when outside?!

Put inside underwear.

Supersonic

Passport quite hard le, how to put inside underwear? Maybe money can put inside underwear la.

At the backside part lor.  :D

Supersonic

At the backside part lor.  :D

Backside cannot la, wait you sit down your passport break into half. Lol.

Supersonic

I keep a copy online and will also hav a copy of it in my HP (in case no data) n i'll print out a copy to bring along physically.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5