Recently see many older car with new plate

marwing

Especially this month, can see obvious 4-5 years car with SKx series car plates.

Do you see that too ?

What's happening ? [:/]

↡ Advertisement

Especially this month, can see obvious 4-5 years car with SKx series car plates.

Do you see that too ?

What's happening ? [:/]

100% loan mah. A lot of people buying second hand cars.

Sometimes dealer will change the plate to a new one to attract buyers. Especially if the car they're selling looks exactly the same as a brand new one.

Give the potential buyer the impression that he can look like he bought a brand new car from the showroom.

Eg. The W212 Mercedes E200 in 2009 looks almost the same as the W212 in early 2013.

In addition, previous owners won't know that it's their car running on the road should they see it.

Common with auction cars. Imagine what could happen if the owner who got his car repossessed and sees it running around.

The previous owner will probably use his keys to drive away his car.

100% loan mah. A lot of people buying second hand cars.

Sometimes dealer will change the plate to a new one to attract buyers. Especially if the car they're selling looks exactly the same as a brand new one.

Give the potential buyer the impression that he can look like he bought a brand new car from the showroom.

Eg. The W212 Mercedes E200 in 2009 looks almost the same as the W212 in early 2013.

In addition, previous owners won't know that it's their car running on the road should they see it.

Common with auction cars. Imagine what could happen if the owner who got his car repossessed and sees it running around.

The previous owner will probably use his keys to drive away his car.

Don't the drivers surrender their keys when their cars get re-possessed?

Supersonic

Thought old car with new car plate usually is previous owner retain the car plate before sell off the car? [:/] why would car dealer spend money to change the original car plate to new car plate? But I notice nowadays not many people retain their car plate, cause due to many people now buy used car.

Yeah more likely previous owner retaining their old plate.

But it too many occurrence I saw lately !

Supersonic

Yeah more likely previous owner retaining their old plate.

But it too many occurrence I saw lately !

This is because due to high coe, so when owner sell off their car, regardless how old the car is and it would still resell in the used car market. That's why you can get to see many old cars with new plate. Unlike when coe was low, most car would be export or scrap and not many will resell in the used car market.

I noticed many car owners like to retain their car plate, no matter nice or not.

Retaining old plate nothing new even those E series plate still around and is considered valuable.

For me if I'm renewing my COE then I'll get a new plate though as current one never really open 4D :P

Thought old car with new car plate usually is previous owner retain the car plate before sell off the car? [:/] why would car dealer spend money to change the original car plate to new car plate? But I notice nowadays not many people retain their car plate, cause due to many people now buy used car.

if i'm not wrong, applying for a new plate to replace the current plate doesn't cost money, or at most $100.

but using an old plate on a used car will cost $1k+. i never understood why the administration would cost so much.

Don't the drivers surrender their keys when their cars get re-possessed?

you have got to be kidding me.

Most of the time, the cars are towed away without the owner's knowledge. This is often because they don't make their monthly payment for 3 months or more and remain uncontactable. Also these cars still have the stuff that belong to the owner. Go down to the yards where they keep all these auction cars and you'll know.

Turbocharged

Retaining old plate nothing new even those E series plate still around and is considered valuable.

For me if I'm renewing my COE then I'll get a new plate though as current one never really open 4D :P

Beside 4d never open, I will change due to owe people summon money, cannot retain old number ... Change new number all summon wiped out ... No need to pay.... [laugh]