SG Flyer into receivership!

RadX

It had to happen sooner or later! din see it being that big an attraction?

what next? roller coaster?

Accounting firm Ferrier Hodgson has been appointed as the receiver and manager of the company's charged assets.

PHOTOS

Singapore Flyer (ROSLAN RAHMAN/AFP FILES/AFP)

EnlargeCaption

SINGAPORE: The Singapore Flyer is in receivership.

Accounting firm Ferrier Hodgson has been appointed as the receiver and manager of the company's charged assets.

Still it's business as usual at the giant wheel.

Ferrier Hodgson said it is looking into identifying investors to manage and enhance the Singapore Flyer, and will ensure smooth operations at the Flyer throughout the receivership.

The Flyer has been an icon of the Singapore skyline since 2008.

The Singapore Tourism Board said it reserves its rights as landlord and will be closely engaging the various parties involved to ensure the best possible outcome that enhances the tourism sector.

It adds that it looks forward to a smooth resolution with minimal disruption to visitors.

- CNA/de

↡ Advertisement

4th Gear

it's more like 'others have it so we must too' kind of stuff......only been there once on a free ticket from my company.....no way I'm going to pay almost S$30 for a 30 mins ride like this........ <_<

Turbocharged

Perhaps they should forget about profits for once (gasp!) and just let STPB run the place with the aim to break even and cover maintenence/regular upgrading costs since it's "part of the singapore skyline", a "tourist attraction" and the usual wayang b-------t reasons.

I wld suggest it roll faster [:p]

become roller coaster? or make it a gaint spinning roulette [laugh]

(edited)

they sld freaking sell the tickets cheaply like $4 a ride so that ppl who shop around MBS will want to take the ride for fun.

its dumb to charge $33...ok maybe they are doing tourism business but sadly they dont want to target the mass locals. orbi good.

since the wheel will run daily so might as well make it cheap so can fill more ppl. dunno wat they r thinking.

still want to go upmarket by making it into private dining capsules...lol

Edited by Babyt

4th Gear

they sld freaking sell the tickets cheaply like $4 a ride so that ppl who shop around MBS will want to take the ride for fun.

its dumb to charge $33...ok maybe they are doing tourism business but sadly they dont want to target the mass locals. orbi good.

since the wheel will run daily so might as well make it cheap so can fill more ppl. dunno wat they r thinking.

thot was $29.90.....didn't know that it has been increased..... [:p]

TOtally agree. Make it so atas. Who want to pay? I tourist also don't want to ride. Hong kong skyline is much more impressive. People now a days been to too many high raise buildings. Don't feel trilled to ride the wheel. Even take aeroplane also feel nothing.

Turbocharged

I did a financial modeling for it many years back for my employer and it just ain't sustainable with those terms imposed. The location is not the greatest either

Can charge $40....... but convert to Hotel 81 on Wheels lar... sure biz veri good... [:p][laugh]

eh if rhythmic shaking, you get resonance......can dislodge the wheel [laugh] [laugh]

I did a financial modeling for it many years back for my employer and it just ain't sustainable with those terms imposed. The location is not the greatest either

since when any major project work here? :huh:

eh if rhythmic shaking, you get resonance......can dislodge the wheel [laugh] [laugh]

Cleaner will need to wipe the glasses often also.... Too leceh... [laugh]

Turbocharged

since when any major project work here? :huh:

Yeah you should look at the terms on the tender pack [rolleyes]:D

↡ Advertisement