RSAF captain's bid to lower speeding fine rejected

Darthrevan

yes, you are right.,... this road can be used for landing aircraft.. it is parallel to the runway at the tengah airbase...

it is closed once a year for such exercise to take down the lamppost...

ah thanks for the info. i was wondering if the lamp posts would get in the way.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Siala if he going faster than 195 how de fark the mata catch him? :blink:

they didnt. his car was unique enough that there (at the time) were only 2 of the same colour / make as his.

iirc the give away was the license plate. his was single digit, the other one was all 4 digits :D

mata also not stupid ^^

however, when he was hauled up, he admitted immediately to the offense. i believe his fine was smaller than even this guys because the judge said at least he came clean and didnt waste the court's time ...

THanks....2:35am no wonder .. i think this is the highest OFFICIAL speed clocked for speeding.. can recommend it to the Singapore Guinness of Records?

i was reading the ST.

District Judge John Ng:

"In the present case, the speed at which the vehicle was traveling at was the highest i have seen among the hundreds of speeding cases brought before me." the judgement stated.

Supercharged

Nothing to do with light or not lah .. how heavy you think are F1 cars ? They will fly to space by this logic.

I am specifically asking because he said JDM cars are all light. so there is particular reference of lightness he already made.

no cars can fly, that I know. you must learn to read the question in the context of how the discussion evolved.

Turbocharged

sureeee or not ... all jdm ah? :D

This type dunno what they are talking about and damn lame attempt at trolling. School holidays started already right?

195...195. In the mid-90s an EF civic driver killed an NSF marshal at fort road. It was early morning of army half marathon or some other run. The driver was also clocked at around 190-195 on aye/ecp whilst running from the police.

Neutral Newbie

Lucky his name is Yang Chee Hwa and not Yang Chee Hong...otherwise the arresting occifer oso cannot arrest properly [:p]

Can balek kampong alr...you win the thread alr. [laugh]

they didnt. his car was unique enough that there (at the time) were only 2 of the same colour / make as his.

iirc the give away was the license plate. his was single digit, the other one was all 4 digits :D

mata also not stupid ^^

however, when he was hauled up, he admitted immediately to the offense. i believe his fine was smaller than even this guys because the judge said at least he came clean and didnt waste the court's time ...

how exotic sia.

say brand can? :ph34r:

I am specifically asking because he said JDM cars are all light. so there is particular reference of lightness he already made.

no cars can fly, that I know. you must learn to read the question in the context of how the discussion evolved.

JDM is best

Neutral Newbie

Light plus some of them catch sibei zhui air one. Not all but a lot of them...evo 9 maybe, but Subaru I dun think so lor...

Supercharged

yes, it is indeed one of the longest straight road without traffic lights in singapore. someone told me this road can be used for aircraft takeoff and landing during emergencies.

if you're there on weekends, you might just catch some 2-fast-2-furious-LED-lighted sedans and MPVs (yes, MPVs) organizing their private races there.

This road brings back fond memories of my NS days! Especially the day I did my 10 km force march from Jalan Bahar to Sg Gedong.... [;)]

I think he must be doing this very freq, how many of us have the ball to floor the accelerator to reach such speed.

Anyway not long ago some body say beyond 180 laser cannot detect. Now you have live example.

Those who want to know what car please CSI the car plate no. SGP 526 H

IIRC, fixed cam cannot catch above 180kmh.

the laser can catch till 300kmh( as proven by mythbusters)

Clocking 195 still have the cheek to appeal?

I didn't know that it is a pre-requisite for pilots to possess thick-headedness and skin as well.

4th Gear

This road brings back fond memories of my NS days! Especially the day I did my 10 km force march from Jalan Bahar to Sg Gedong.... [;)]

I did my 20km one from LCK to Tuas...... [bigcry]

Clocking 195 still have the cheek to appeal?

I didn't know that it is a pre-requisite for pilots to possess thick-headedness and skin as well.

he didnt appeal the suspension. he appealed the fine only

RSAF captain, people around him see him as a role model... so judge should double the fine, and double the length of license suspension.

He's only a Charlie 130 driver la.. not Top Gun...

Captain?? A dime a dozen in the air bases... nothing...

lim chu Kang emergency runway is notorious for speed demons in dead of the night.. fav place for TP to catch them too...

The bugger ought to be demoted to LTA for really selfish reason on his traffic offense... he dun care if he killed people while speeding, only care if he can be promoted to Maj... Pui!

Ya, shld make him a slaughter goat to warn the others.. but Chevy can go up to 195KMH????? [cool]

↡ Advertisement