RSAF captain's bid to lower speeding fine rejected

Darthrevan

You too young or new immigrant. $1000 fine comes with free criminal record, no hidden costs.

traffic case what. i thought only if u kill someone then your traffic case becomes criminal

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Oh evo 9 ah? JDM cars at any speed above 130km/h become aeroplane liao lah [:p] No difference from on duty time

sureeee or not ... all jdm ah? :D

Supercharged

Captain of Chinook or Super Puma? Or Apache? 195kph on the road is close to his cruising speed in the air.

He's only a navigator, not pilot. Captain is only his rank. If I not wrong, he is serving onboard a transport plane, probably a C130.

195km/h? How did he not have to slow down because of a traffic jam or a red light?

There are not many straight roads in Singapore without traffic light.... Lim Chu Kang is one of them..

the other is Tuas South... but there are several traffic lights and heavy vehicles in between..

Changi coast road is the other but it is not wide enough... and many traffic

IMO, the best straight road is still Lim Chua Kang Road, with little traffic (unless ching ming la) and wide road....

i did a distance check... it is approximately 3.15km between two traffic lights so can cover within 1 minutes from point to point.

Let me know if i miss anything on any other similar roads in singapore and btw where did he commit this crime.

195km/h? How did he not have to slow down because of a traffic jam or a red light?

I think he must be doing this very freq, how many of us have the ball to floor the accelerator to reach such speed.

Anyway not long ago some body say beyond 180 laser cannot detect. Now you have live example.

Those who want to know what car please CSI the car plate no. SGP 526 H

There are not many straight roads in Singapore without traffic light.... Lim Chu Kang is one of them..

the other is Tuas South... but there are several traffic lights and heavy vehicles in between..

IMO, the best straight road is still Lim Chua Kang Road, with little traffic (unless ching ming la) and wide road....

i did a distance check... it is approximately 3.15km between two traffic lights so can cover within 1 minutes from point to point.

Let me know if i miss anything on any other similar roads in singapore and btw where did he commit this crime.

LCK

"The accused was convicted of the offence of driving in excess of the speed limit of the road after he pleaded guilty to the charge as follows:

"You, Yang Chee Hwa, are charged that you, on 3 February 2013, at about 12.35 a.m., along Lim Chu Kang Road towards Jalan Bahar, Singapore, did drive a motor vehicle number SGP 526 H at a speed of 195 kmph, such speed being in excess of the imposed speed limit of 70 kmph of the road and you have thereby committed an offence under Section 63(4) and punishable under Section 131(2) of the Road Traffic Act, Chapter 276."

He's only a navigator, not pilot. Captain is only his rank. If I not wrong, he is serving onboard a transport plane, probably a C130.

Mkt not in demand for pilot...Navigator even worse off

Anyone can enlight why still so 2g need navigator and plotter?

LCK

"The accused was convicted of the offence of driving in excess of the speed limit of the road after he pleaded guilty to the charge as follows:

"You, Yang Chee Hwa, are charged that you, on 3 February 2013, at about 12.35 a.m., along Lim Chu Kang Road towards Jalan Bahar, Singapore, did drive a motor vehicle number SGP 526 H at a speed of 195 kmph, such speed being in excess of the imposed speed limit of 70 kmph of the road and you have thereby committed an offence under Section 63(4) and punishable under Section 131(2) of the Road Traffic Act, Chapter 276."

THanks....2:35am no wonder .. i think this is the highest OFFICIAL speed clocked for speeding.. can recommend it to the Singapore Guinness of Records?

Turbocharged

THanks....2:35am no wonder .. i think this is the highest OFFICIAL speed clocked for speeding.. can recommend it to the Singapore Guinness of Records?

no its not. i know someone who gantong license for a much higher speed. its not a friend of a friend of a friend but someone i know personally.

let's just say he was driving an exotic car ...

Neutral Newbie

LCK

Lucky his name is Yang Chee Hwa and not Yang Chee Hong...otherwise the arresting occifer oso cannot arrest properly [:p]

no its not. i know someone who gantong license for a much higher speed. its not a friend of a friend of a friend but someone i know personally.

The somebody got official record a not. haha

Any way F1 in sg sure over that speed right?

yes, it is indeed one of the longest straight road without traffic lights in singapore. someone told me this road can be used for aircraft takeoff and landing during emergencies.

if you're there on weekends, you might just catch some 2-fast-2-furious-LED-lighted sedans and MPVs (yes, MPVs) organizing their private races there.

02%20End%20of%20Lim%20Chu%20Kang%20Road%20%5B%E6%9E%97%E5%8E%9D%E6%B8%AF%E8%B7%AF%5D%20-%20Jetty%2C%20Coast%20Guard%20Post%20%26%20Mysterious%20House%20%28Large%29.jpg

yes, it is indeed one of the longest straight road without traffic lights in singapore. someone told me this road can be used for aircraft takeoff and landing during emergencies.

if you're there on weekends, you might just catch some 2-fast-2-furious-LED-lighted sedans and MPVs (yes, MPVs) organizing their private races there.

yes, you are right.,... this road can be used for landing aircraft.. it is parallel to the runway at the tengah airbase...

it is closed once a year for such exercise to take down the lamppost...

Neutral Newbie

Siala if he going faster than 195 how de fark the mata catch him? :blink:

↡ Advertisement