RSAF captain's bid to lower speeding fine rejected

Darthrevan

Own up

How many here have tried this speed???

Own up own up

In Malaysia twice a week I tried 230km/hour during weekdays noon but don't dare to try at night. There are groups of drivers like me who will take a few hours off to enter Malaysia for a spin towards Bandar Penawar side or Melaka and make a U-turn back to Singapore. Very little or no cars.

↡ Advertisement

In Malaysia twice a week I tried 230km/hour during weekdays noon but don't dare to try at night. There are groups of drivers like me who will take a few hours off to enter Malaysia for a spin towards Bandar Penawar side or Melaka and make a U-turn back to Singapore. Very little or no cars.

Just a little advise. My wife's cousin in law just passed away in an accident somewhere near Kuantan a few days back. He and his wife have always like to speed. Yeah, my wife was naively puzzled as to why this happened since their driving very "zhai". Well, they may be zhai, but doesn't mean there whole other of the drivers are. At such a high speed, others will not have enough time to react also. -_-

Own up

How many here have tried this speed???

Own up own up

not in sg....i might have tried 130 mph (=208 km/h) in usa...but shhh dun tell anyone [lipsrsealed]

Any tips on avoiding speed traps?

Any tips on avoiding speed traps?

drive faster so that the radar cannot detect you or the camera cannot capture the license plate :D

not in sg....i might have tried 130 mph (=208 km/h) in usa...but shhh dun tell anyone [lipsrsealed]

Shhh, bro it's jus btw us ya

No one will know abt that

(edited)

Just a little advise. My wife's cousin in law just passed away in an accident somewhere near Kuantan a few days back. He and his wife have always like to speed. Yeah, my wife was naively puzzled as to why this happened since their driving very "zhai". Well, they may be zhai, but doesn't mean there whole other of the drivers are. At such a high speed, others will not have enough time to react also. -_-

Thanks for your advice. So far I haven't heard of any fatal accidents involving Singapore-registered Ferraris, Porsche, Maseratis, GTRs, Lambo, Bentley, Jaguar, Lotus in the 10 years that we are there but have almost always heard of and see Malaysia cars of all makes and models crash and burn. This is something I don't quite comprehend. Is it the difference in driving style of drivers in both countries?

Even if there are Spore-reg plates performance cars fatalities in the past 10 years along NS highways I believe there are at most 1 or 2 cases but so far in the papers, there is no documented cases and it is very strange.

There are times and places to speed but I have to agree that speeding is not a good hobby.

Edited by Flyerking

Aryton Senna was also very zhai but still lost his life on the track where many other drivers are equally if not more zhai than him.

Alex Zanardi also very zhai but still lost both legs.

The point is, no one is immune from accident on the road when one speeds.

U r a flyer!!!!

Thanks for your advice. So far I haven't heard of any fatal accidents involving Singapore-registered Ferraris, Porsche, Maseratis, GTRs, Lambo, Bentley, Jaguar, Lotus in the 10 years that we are there but have almost always heard of and see Malaysia cars of all makes and models crash and burn. This is something I don't quite comprehend. Is it the difference in driving style of drivers in both countries?

Even if there are Spore-reg plates performance cars fatalities in the past 10 years along NS highways I believe there are at most 1 or 2 cases but so far in the papers, there is no documented cases and it is very strange.

There are times and places to speed but I have to agree that speeding is not a good hobby.

It just shows that SG drivers sayang their car more than Msians... [laugh]

If this guy tio pok from the force, he can fly a Bus in the sky. Sia just announced new investment of 17bil on new planes.

charged in court, SIA wont accept liaoz. he can forget about flying after he leaves the airforce [laugh]

Aryton Senna was also very zhai but still lost his life on the track where many other drivers are equally if not more zhai than him.

Alex Zanardi also very zhai but still lost both legs.

The point is, no one is immune from accident on the road when one speeds.

your point makes no sense.

Talking about speeding, I just received a love letter from TP recently that I was speeding. One thing different I noticed is that this time, they didn't indicate the speed I was travelling. They just mentioned that I was 1-20 km/h above the prescribed speed limit for the road. Gave me a range instead of the actual "offending" speed.