The Real Couple Behind Before Sunrise

Viceroymenthol

http://mobile.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/201..._lehrhaupt.html

The Real Couple Behind Before Sunrise

By Forrest Wickman

Updated Thursday, May 30, 2013, at 9:02 AM

If you stick around through the closing credits of Before Midnight, the latest film in the trilogy that also includes Before Sunrise and Before Sunset, you

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

somehow i found the quite movie engaging, even though it was talk, talk, talk, bit of scenery and more talk....

surprised it got 100% on rottentomatoes.

Never watched the movie but it sounds like a nice story.

I think Jack Neo can do a local adaptation, with the twist that when ah beng goes back to look for ah lian, he is shown a memorial tablet by her family.

I watched Before Sunrise back in college in the '90s... at that time the US film magazines, bulletin board services and newsgroups (usenet) were all raving about this film so I went to watch it with some other Singaporean students... partly because we found Julie Delpy a hot chick in "Killing Zoe"... all of us walked out in the middle of the show and went to watch another film, a more exciting Hollywood blockbuster type... it was a multi-screen cineplex... Singaporeans are not known for their love of such films..

After I graduated and came back for NS, i got into a long-term serious relationship (with a woman) and then watched this again and appreciated it more.